Pink Floyd

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:the Orb/Gilmour collaboration is worth hearing. IMHO its not as exciting as I had anticipated, but it is very enjoyable and has some interesting soundscapes, the second CD in the set is very good in headphones....I think more music can come our way from this collaboration :idea:
I've got to say that I'm disappointed, some nice atmospheric stuff...but (for me) it doesn't go anywhere...perhaps that's the idea though?

I gave my copy to a mate the other day
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:the Orb/Gilmour collaboration is worth hearing. IMHO its not as exciting as I had anticipated, but it is very enjoyable and has some interesting soundscapes, the second CD in the set is very good in headphones....I think more music can come our way from this collaboration :idea:
I've got to say that I'm disappointed, some nice atmospheric stuff...but (for me) it doesn't go anywhere...perhaps that's the idea though?

Im am not that impressed either but I have a feeling it could be a grower. will listen again later in headphones
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:

Im am not that impressed either but I have a feeling it could be a grower. will listen again later in headphones
I prefer the Paterson/ Roedelius track from years back
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

if this collaboration had happened say, in 1991, it would have been brilliant :idea: abso lutely chillin' :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:if this collaboration had happened say, in 1991, it would have been brilliant :idea: abso lutely chillin' :D

definitely repays repeated listening, its quite good :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

will give an opinion tomorrow. Have got it now, but time :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Typical "Orb" fare, but pretty much enjoyable with the addition's of Mr Gilmour 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I've given this a few spins now. I had very high expectations for this, and was underwhelmed on first listening. It's really grown now though - definitely more Orb than Gilmour, but his signature is definitely there.

Anyone else find it hard to get past the Hillage guitar sounds with the Orb?

Also, I keep hearing melodic references to Dire Straits in part one...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
hansx

Post by hansx »

billythefish wrote:I've given this a few spins now. I had very high expectations for this, and was underwhelmed on first listening. It's really grown now though - definitely more Orb than Gilmour, but his signature is definitely there.

have the same feeling. Of course Gilmour is there. that is obvious. But indeed it is more Orb than Gilmour, where I hoped to be the other way round.
Shame. But maybe it has to grow indeed, so will play it some more the next weeks.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
billythefish wrote:I've given this a few spins now. I had very high expectations for this, and was underwhelmed on first listening. It's really grown now though - definitely more Orb than Gilmour, but his signature is definitely there.

have the same feeling. Of course Gilmour is there. that is obvious. But indeed it is more Orb than Gilmour, where I hoped to be the other way round.
Shame. But maybe it has to grow indeed, so will play it some more the next weeks.
how about 100% Gilmour and no Orb? ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:

how about 100% Gilmour and no Orb? ;)
Yeaaaah, far better. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Look at http://www.whypinkfloyd.com/

A lot of information about the coming remastered cd's.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I ordered just Meddle, DSOTM & Animals remastered and look forward to see what kind of job has been done. Hopefully they'll be done well.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:I ordered just Meddle, DSOTM & Animals remastered and look forward to see what kind of job has been done. Hopefully they'll be done well.
I've asked for the 2CD version of DSOTM for my birthday.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I ordered just Meddle, DSOTM & Animals remastered and look forward to see what kind of job has been done. Hopefully they'll be done well.
I've asked for the 2CD version of DSOTM for my birthday.
I want DSOTM at least !!!!!! :wink:

I have just realised that I dont have Saucerful of Secrets :? :( Must put this right asap !!!!