Fans' Own Offerings

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:This is a great idea ,as I think quite a few TD 'Dreamers' dable in the odd bit of music for a pastime.
Myself have been in a band (a million miles away from TD though!) for the past 25 yrs playing guitar, but my beginings lie in piano. Over the years I have grouped together some Equip and finished my home studio off this xmas with a 24trk Tascam. I did an ambient CD a few years ago but only on 4 trk, and am planning (time allowing) to do another / re-record some older stuff this year on the new gear. So it's going to great to share some of those idea's with you all, and get some feedback.
Sounds great Tim. I'm always interested in a bit of ambient.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

redziller wrote:I enjoyed your track Jason and I've had yours, Jacob, on my phone for a while - it's quite a contrast to the rest on there!

I hope to do more but at the rate I'm going I'll have a full CD out in the year 2525 (if man is still alive and woman can survive...)

:D
Thanks for the complement, Peter. I enjoyed yours, nice and upbeat. 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

The TD Universe will be a permanent platform for extraordinary things by Tangerine Dream.

The moneys created from these TD Universe sales will be collected into the new TD Award Foundation.
This Foundation will promote one new talent (solo or band) every year who has something very special to offer in the field of music.

More details on this at the end of January!
Are any of you going to apply for this 'grant'?
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

good starting point is a PC with Reason program & a midi keyboard you can get educational edition of reason program for half the price of the regular shop version ... But it is the same program. Midi Keyboards are quite reasonable too. You will do lots with just these items.

:D :!: :arrow: 8) Geoff
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Hobo wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:Well tonight just back after a christmas break from the Temple bar music centre (Sound centre) I have been doing electronic music production there since September where we use Reason ,Cubase st, Sound Forge & rebirth. The course has opened doors to me & made things more reachable. I have @ home a JP800, Korg X2, Korg M1, Evolution 225, JP8080, P3 sequencer & a Quasimidi raveolution 309 drum machine....reason from the Mac is used as additional sound source. For recording I have just bought a Korg digital recording studio D16 XD. But it really isn't thst expensive to get started I seached Ebay for most of the gear & you can get it quite reasonable there.
as back up I use a laptop with extra JP8000 sound sampler.

Just completed City & Guilds in Sound Engineering part 3 1820 which has helped to get my head around a lot of the sound scaping

:D :arrow: :!: 8) :) Geoff
Congratulations on the C & G, Geoff. You must live in a big house, to fit all that gear in. :wink:

thanks Hobo just waiting on results now My house is a three bedroom terrace but the music gear takes priority over the bed space but I have it organised so it fits with room.

:D 8) :arrow: :!: 8 :) Geoff
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:Well tonight just back after a christmas break from the Temple bar music centre (Sound centre) I have been doing electronic music production there since September where we use Reason ,Cubase st, Sound Forge & rebirth. The course has opened doors to me & made things more reachable. I have @ home a JP800, Korg X2, Korg M1, Evolution 225, JP8080, P3 sequencer & a Quasimidi raveolution 309 drum machine....reason from the Mac is used as additional sound source. For recording I have just bought a Korg digital recording studio D16 XD. But it really isn't thst expensive to get started I seached Ebay for most of the gear & you can get it quite reasonable there.
as back up I use a laptop with extra JP8000 sound sampler.

Just completed City & Guilds in Sound Engineering part 3 1820 which has helped to get my head around a lot of the sound scaping

Congrats to you Geoff,and keep up the good work 8) Who knows you might just make it on stage with EF & co one day :wink:
:D :arrow: :!: 8) :) Geoff
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Pertou wrote:
The TD Universe will be a permanent platform for extraordinary things by Tangerine Dream.

The moneys created from these TD Universe sales will be collected into the new TD Award Foundation.
This Foundation will promote one new talent (solo or band) every year who has something very special to offer in the field of music.

More details on this at the end of January!
Are any of you going to apply for this 'grant'?
You've really got to keep checking this site. I can't wait to hear more details - it's bound to generate lots of interest
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
redziller

Post by redziller »

Hobo wrote:
redziller wrote:Here's another one - bit odd though.

http://www.redziller.co.uk/SFX/ThreeN.mp3 8¾MB

The idea is an environment builds up in G & A# and voice 1 plays a theme in it. But voice 2 tries to sway things its way - and for a moment succeeds. Voice 1 wins back but the conflict was too much and it dies away. Voice 2 tries to restore the balance but fails - just as well as it'd never end!

Hope some of you enjoy it.
I like this one Peter. BTW, did you let the angry bee out of the jam jar in the end, or did it die from exhaustion? :wink:
Angry Bee?!? The preset was called, cough, I mean, surely it's a hornet at
least
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:
Hobo wrote:

The idea is an environment builds up in G & A# and voice 1 plays a theme in it. But voice 2 tries to sway things its way - and for a moment succeeds. Voice 1 wins back but the conflict was too much and it dies away. Voice 2 tries to restore the balance but fails - just as well as it'd never end!

I like this one Peter. BTW, did you let the angry bee out of the jam jar in the end, or did it die from exhaustion? :wink:
Angry Bee?!? The preset was called, cough, I mean, surely it's a hornet at
least
Yeah, it might just be my speakers! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

redziller wrote:Bring out your noodling!
:oops:

noodely-doodely!
Heard this again, after a long time. I can clearly hear, that you are inspired by Big City Dwarves from Rockoon. A good track, from an otherwisely very poor album, IMHO

Well done DV! The atmospheric parts are very beautiful..

Very good music... reminds of Icarus by EF + some Schmoelling era td, with that distorted synth line...
Last edited by Pertou on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hey guys
You should all get together and put this music on a compilation CDR :idea: :idea: :idea: 8)
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:Hey guys
You should all get together and put this music on a compilation CDR :idea: :idea: :idea: 8)
Thats a great idea Colin, I've got the TD influenced musicians page going on the fans zone site and maybes that could be the catalyst for making this happen. Possibly anyone interested could select their best bits and I could jig-saw the compilation CD together. Profits could go to the charities again? :idea:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
Thats a great idea Colin, I've got the TD influenced musicians page going on the fans zone site and maybes that could be the catalyst for making this happen. Possibly anyone interested could select their best bits and I could jig-saw the compilation CD together. Profits could go to the charities again? :idea:
Yes thats a great idea Chris,maybe everone could donate a track or two each and we could all but it and have a listen :idea: :idea:
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:
Janus wrote:
Yes thats a great idea Chris,maybe everone could donate a track or two each and we could all but it and have a listen :idea: :idea:
Yes nice one mate. The next posting I do re: cardiff meet I can add this to it. You never know we may get enough before cardiff and I can knock a sampler of the tracks together and we can have a listen there :idea:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Fantastic idea mate,go for it 8) :D