BIGMOOG reviews a LEGENDARY DAY

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

tomorrow, the encore, final thoughts, the post gig booze up...meeting thorsten.and chris h.

.bm passing out and going home :cry:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:tomorrow, the encore, final thoughts, the post gig booze up...meeting thorsten.and chris h.

Good man. Looking forward to it.

You can leave out the details of the BM/CJ honeymoon night though. :wink:
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Great to meet you Big Moog .. you know your a legend just got read up on all posts tonight .. listenig to your latest release now mate....

By the way the fish was great mate... I see also the enjoyment in meeting Thorsten ....

:D :) 8) :arrow: :!: Geoff
24db

Post by 24db »

Raystorm wrote:
Raystorm wrote: Yep, I was there. He seemed to be some big fat german bloke, who was also a bit lubricated from the way he was acting. I was thinking 'If you don't like it fine, but don't make a prick of yourself in front of everyone'. He seemed to then run out of steam and kick off towards the back of the hall. I think it was the fact that everyone completely ignored him was the killer.
with a leather coat and long hair?
I think so, I really didn't pay much attention to his looks, but that seems to fit the description.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the 'gentleman' who was shouting 'play something decent!' from the rear of the hall (on the right). Actually I had the misfortune to stand right in front of him at one point
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Hobo wrote:I confess, I was pretty much oblivious to anything bar TD and the few friends around me during the gig. I waited impatiently for 20/4 to arrive and the excitement and anticipation was such, that nothing was going to spoil it for me. Not everything was perfect, but I don't pay my money in order to nitpick. I enjoyed every second of the performance and the pre and post gig drinks. TD still rule! (and their fans are the best). :D
My sentiments exactly loved every minute of the day meeting everyone sorry if i bored anyone. Gig brilliant as usual
Big thanks to Geoff and the Irish Fan Club for pointing everyone out to me and looking after me all afternoon.
I arrived home at about 4am only to be woken up by my son at 8am !!!! Bless.
the new cds are on my ipod getting a good airing.
Love the new EP
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigfoot wrote:I noticed straight away that it wasn't live after the very first song...iris was out of time on the drums.
Don't take it too much to heart, I'm sure Iris was playing live in the first half. You could just about make out her playing but it was well down in the mix and almost lost in the drumming coming from the computers. I blame the FOH mix. Things definitely improved in the second half. I wonder if things had been turned down in the first half so that the vocals weren't swamped.

How do I know this? Well I was near the mixing desk where things were better and spent far too much time watching Iris. :oops:
I noticed there was a lot of 'mouthing off' at the ROH throughout the performance it was a shame as you would have thought they could have sorted it out before the gig didn't spoil it for me though
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:tomorrow, the encore, final thoughts, the post gig booze up...meeting thorsten.and chris h.

Get on with it then mate :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

on thee case now colin

just have to use me employers M.O.T...facilities.....I have a problem with me exhaust :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Part 5: The encore...brief review

....its over...applause....I look around and see some pretty happy faces....there is a young couple to my left, I'd say around 18-20....emopunk types...they are clapping and cheering..I nod...hands in the air...the welsh mosh pit's going barmy..the london branch are storming for more.....so.....its encore time.....and here come the band again....looking happy and bright.....into some more dynamic stuff....oh great...hey...is it me?....the sound seems to be increasing in volume....punch punch punch of the bass....blimey...its getting louder...are we heading for vintage volume levels?.....everyone on stage looks like they mean it....maaaaan.....and so do we...as TD pile into the last track, sort of inevitable I think..its House of the Rising Sun...pretty good....its damn loud now....great stuff......

BANG

its over...the crowd roars...I lift my hands into the air...not sure what to do...as I have been mesmerised again by the Tangs....its over....quick look at the time...9.30?.....

Edgar does his speech.....someone shouts out behind me..'we love you edgar....'.....Im welling up....we applaud TD in turn......now is it really over..?...
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Great review BM!

This was my second TD gig and very different from my first (SBE2005). Having been a fan since 1983/84 (I'm not entirely sure which year but does it matter?) so glad of any TD performance twenty three years later. But, I don't blindly follow artists and bands.

My take on the whole MFD thing was that I enjoyed hearing it with my fellow fans. I noticed the whole drum out of time thing and though Hausl's voice was so good it couldn't possibly be live, but it looked liv e to me. Kudos to Chris! :D

I heard some German ranting after but didn't clock that it was unfriendly. (halfway back from the stage).

The second half was superb! Somebody shouted "House of the Rising Sun" near the end, and I cursed as I'm not a fan. Booger me they played it and it wasn't half good! :D It let the guitarist rip.

All in all I had a great night! I agree with those that say that fans should stay positive in these situations not because of blind following but because it is polite. :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Part 6: final and quick gig thoughts.....and....out the door into London's night

When ever TD finish playing I always feel a little lost....tonight I begin to mull it over...was it good, what have I witnessed...my first reaction is an emotional one..it wasnt long enough, but I loved it..I want to see it again...I want to hear it NOW...

I make a point of looking around at the fans....I note smiling faces, wide eyes (hmmmm....that'll be the smokes......someone had some nice leaf)..I look at RAystorm: 'Good?'.....

...We hang around the stage watching the roadies....finally we all gather and.we decide to leave ....and exit through the warren of stairs...en route Im greeted by Mac and Edweirdo....great to meet you both....in all the head spinning excitement...I lost track of where you disapeared to...but I seem to recall something about 'there's a gay club on?'...My response was along the lines of 'yes...I have colin's ticket'.....which was a running joke all day (no offence CJ....).

Out into the London Air.....I bump into Wolfman....another lovely meeting..great!....hope you enjoy the CD!....Andy hands me a postcard...Cheers mate.....Its all a bit mad..fans coming and going...

....what are we gonna do now...Colin's got the bull by the horns...Off to a pub....we decide to pile up to the Jack Horner..The TD BarmY army heads off.......
Last edited by bigmoog on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Part 7: The post gig booze up and a surprise for BM

so, we all march up Tottenham Court road..in various groups.....Try as I might, just cant get Colin to join the G.A.Y queue......despite us having a backstage pass........On entering the Jack Horner, someone buys me another pint...Janus?.....cant recall now.....the banter continues...some pasties/steak slices arrive.....ginsters.....genuine ginsters!......more cheerful discussions.....colin and I exchange our marriage vows........but...just as...well EFF me....Thorsten and Chris walk in....I shake their hands....twice each....'great gig'.I splutter..they smile...I think the beer is starting to cause me stupidity....I feel like a stalker!!....they go over and take seats....there is a big buzz in the pub....marvellous.......photos...laughter

the pub continues until we get chucked out onto the street....fans drift off....I see colin and the barmy army disappear down Tottenham Court road....leaving me, fozziebear, BTF floating outside the door....suddenly Thorsten and Chris emerge.......

more smiles.......'who is the Bigmoog? asks thorsten to Stephen......'

...'its me, I reply...beaming....'

....'Bigmoog....I love your posts!!!......'

gawd.....

:oops:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I would have loved to stay on, but I was mindful of getting home at a reasonable hour (the curse of the family man). Much as I wanted the evening to continue, I was aware that I had just witnessed something very special and I went home contented.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Part 8: the final

and now its gone.....some fans are off to a pub with late licence.....I say my farewells to BTF..etc....Im feeling...tired....Fozziebear has to go : Bless you my friend....thanks for the chats...and yes...Force Majeure!!!!.....Im knackered but elated...so I head back to the Grafton...aha...I spot fellow Grafton Inmates, Tim and Carmen, having a fag outside......the benefits of a non smoking room.....we chat a while......Tim, Carmen, it was a pleasure and like most of the day, just not enough time to really get a good long discussion going.......We decide to have a malt.....I go back to the fifth floor suite....promising to return....I fall on to the bed, looking at all my TD goodies.........and Im gone....lightweight....its only 12.45....Saturday morning, 4.00am my body clock kicks in, so I check out.....aint paying for breakfast....back to reality....nice morning.....I feel a bit down.....numb.

Part 9 follows with the BMs definitive view of the gig, the fans and Colin
24db

Post by 24db »

Raystorm wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Very Sirius Bit:

As the last track of the MFD set drew to a close.....some geezer came up next to me to heckle (...and I didnt bother to look over my shoulder.....although Raystorm who was standing next to me clocked him I think.....)...and this is what he heckled (I have checked with my real lawyer and this is not libellous) :

....'plays fantastically, plays fantastically, Edgar, its plays fantastically, plays fantastically, I have paid money......' or words to that effect....I just ignored him and looked straight ahead......embarrassing for me as I like to feel immersed in the music......whether coming off a hardrive, game boy, PS3....comb and paper or paper cup and string...effer.....I wish I had said something to the heckler....something like : 'jackass, jackass, BM has paid money as well.....now FUCHE OFF and let me enjoy the gig'.....shitre I will continue later

Yep, I was there. He seemed to be some big fat german bloke, who was also a bit lubricated from the way he was acting. I was thinking 'If you don't like it fine, but don't make a prick of yourself in front of everyone'. He seemed to then run out of steam and kick off towards the back of the hall. I think it was the fact that everyone completely ignored him was the killer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/ ... GQUEUE.jpg

4th from the left? it was he spent most of the last 30 minutes trying to stand on my toes