Has TD changed you as a person?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:Yes most definitly It has made me more awear of music & the endless possibilities it has to offer. Increased my view & thinking on things...become more of a thinker. Increased my friendships beyond my own coastal waters. Got to see places I would have never got to. Given me an inner drive. most of all created a soundscape to my daily life.

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: :idea: Geoff
You are the most devoted Tangerine Dream fan I've ever met.
Totally agree, Geoff appears at more gigs than the group :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The Alan Wicker of the TD world :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:The Alan Wicker of the TD world :wink:
well perhaps Michael Palin, he's younger
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Thanks guys but again I say if I was alone a true fan it would be a lonely place without you guys along side me @ the gigs this is truely an experiance but only with your company & friendship.

8) :D :!: :arrow: Geoff
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

Tangerine Dream opened my ears and eyes and culturally broadened my mind and my attitude to the world around me.
Their music calms me, rouses me and gives me comfort. During 20 odd years when I went through my teens, love & lost, got married, emigrated, had 3 kids, suffered the death of my father and for all the trivial dramas which threatened to crush me, TD helped me through. Like a constant companion in my life, I am grateful to TD and to my mum who dragged me to the library back in the mid 1980s!
always a T Dreamer
hansx

Post by hansx »

No, it only changed my wallet from full to empty sometimes.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

This is a tough question.
TD's music is certainly a big part of me, but in a sense it always has been. Even before I heard them. I discovered TD not by accident, but by searching frantically for a band playing "that music" for over a year until I bought Mars Polaris and got hooked. So TD didn't change me as much as they filled a gap in me. Although I hadn't heard the music, the emotions were always there. It's hard to explain...

But if there is a big change, I'll have to say, like hansx, that the wallet size has decreased dramatically. Being a TD fan is far more expensive than I could ever imagine.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I wonder what I'd have been like if I hadn't heard TD? Wealthy, well adjusted, normal, a well respected member of society; possibly. :shock:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:I wonder what I'd have been like if I hadn't heard TD? Wealthy, well adjusted, normal, a well respected member of society; possibly. :shock:

Amazes me over the years how the wife has put up with me coming home from the pub intoxicated and stripping down to my thong playing AIR keyboards whilst the Dream waft from the speakers :oops: and im NOT joking :shock:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I live for Tangerine Dream. They make me complete!!!!

Nuff said 8)
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

A very very good question!
For me there's only one answer:

TANGERINE DREAM.... are my religion!

:wink:
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I wonder what I'd have been like if I hadn't heard TD? Wealthy, well adjusted, normal, a well respected member of society; possibly. :shock:

Amazes me over the years how the wife has put up with me coming home from the pub intoxicated and stripping down to my thong playing AIR keyboards whilst the Dream waft from the speakers :oops: and im NOT joking :shock:
Can't say they've affected me in this way, but there's still time! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

When I first got into TD I was an angry and confused young man this was the 90s. TD really helped me get some focus in my life and made me more easygoing and relaxed about my life.

Its strange when I drifted away from TD a few years back I sunk back into some of my old ways, nervous,shy slightly reclusive and worse of all short tempered. I also had a new set of problems come into my life, now I am getting back into the music my life is on the up again, some people would say its a coicindence but I don`t think so, I am still a shy and nervous person but the music gives me a focus and inspiration, a postive outlook to my life!.

TD is just a band that make music but to me it is much more than that, TD are a source of great inspiration and I am so thankfull I heard the music.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Reading all your questions about Tee Dee music have made an impact of you and are own Life’s.
No Metter what you listen too Tangerine Dream an Experiment of Music for all us.
Since I First Bought my Tangerine Dream when I was 15 years old Canyon dreams it was good music.
After that I bought other album it was Tyranny of Beauty that sound it really great music.
It just Change my Life if I not been listen too Tangerine Dream Music I wound’s be here.
So Over almost past 10 Years I been listening too Tangerine Dream it made Different Music it was.
Now I has over at lest over 100 album’s and Soundtrack’s now be a Collections looking back now I understand how they Start out as German Electronics Rock Brand now just like how I solve put-in the Puzzle’s completely now done.
The Tangerine Dream Years has come too the end in 2006 but sadly never has chance too see Tangerine Dream
Concert Real in Person for myself that a damn shame now it on DVD from the First I Feel like I was there.
Seen of Live concert I was thinking the same way but I’m totally different how it Change me.

Now I Start it Listen to “Angela Aki” now her song & Music sound it Beautiful.
It not likes Tangerine Dream Music for think of but this is Angela Aki Music now.
This is only beginning of the new chapter. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I hope you get to see them play live eventually Peter.