London Eye Concert

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:I have mixed emotions about this gig, as with hindsight, the terrible headaches I had before, during and after the show (I left before CBF)....were the beginnings of my illness that would hospitalise me in February.....

but the 3 cd set and DVD are brilliant....brilliant :D :D
That's a real shame BM.

For me my over-riding memory of the show was the change from thinking "What the **** am I doing getting soaking wet in this godforsaken suburb of Hades?" to "Wow!!! A TD show!!!" within a fraction of a second on hearing the opening notes of Trauma. A surreal experience.

That an Bernie handing Edgar an acoustic guitar and thinking "No.... it can't be?"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:'if' the 3 new Vinyl releases are a success...and I don' see why not. How about a boxset of the best from the London Eye concert? ;)
A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very muted......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:'if' the 3 new Vinyl releases are a success...and I don' see why not. How about a boxset of the best from the London Eye concert? ;)
A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very cautious......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
Well, you could be right Colin. Personally I think the Forum gig was better, but that's my subjective opinion. As I said I guess if the first 3 sell well...or quickly enough then TD or Membran might be tempted to produce more. The Ball's in the fan's court I think
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very cautious......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
Well, you could be right Colin. Personally I think the Forum gig was better, but that's my subjective opinion. As I said I guess if the first 3 sell well...or quickly enough then TD or Membran might be tempted to produce more. The Ball's in the fan's court I think
In my opinion that Edgar show was such a rarity and of such great quality it was crying out for a special release apart from DVD. We have got the London show on DVD and CD and now you want it on vinyl. Fair enough if you want to buy it but lets get the Eindhoven concert on the official CD release it deserves even if limited :arrow: as a FAN i and i am sure others would appreciate it.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very cautious......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
In my opinion that Edgar show was such a rarity and of such great quality it was crying out for a special release apart from DVD. We have got the London show on DVD and CD and now you want it on vinyl. Fair enough if you want to buy it but lets get the Eindhoven concert on the official CD release it deserves even if limited :arrow: as a FAN i would appreciate it.
The Eindhoven show on CD would be fantastic 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very cautious......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
In my opinion that Edgar show was such a rarity and of such great quality it was crying out for a special release apart from DVD. We have got the London show on DVD and CD and now you want it on vinyl. Fair enough if you want to buy it but lets get the Eindhoven concert on the official CD release it deserves even if limited :arrow: as a FAN i and i am sure others would appreciate it.
I agree mate
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
A while ago i asked here about a special release for Edgar's Eindhoven show which IMHO was deserving of one as it was such a rarity and pretty much special. The feedback was very muted......... amazes me on occasions does this place :? :oops:
Well I'm a cert for a copy. It's a fabulous show.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I would dearly like to see more Vinyl rleases & a CD of the Eindhoven gig..more live CD's wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.. :D
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I put on Sony Mini Disc Format I think Mini Disc is Winner. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

On The Eye Concert Live AKA (The London Eye concert)

I wound like see it on BLU-RAY Disc because it Better Quality Picture and Sound

Also Bonus feature well add on The Eye London Concert on Blu-ray that well so cool.

The L.A concert well be on there too.

It’s too bad I wanted Hear it on DTS H-D Audio Master Format on Blu-ray Disc.

Please No More (DOLBY DIGITAL) Full Blast because it too Loud.

:!: :arrow:
ant

Post by ant »

:( Dolby Digital 5.1 on the London Eye Concert is anything but loud!! Very poor mix indeed which is a shame because it was such a fantastic gig. You can't have everything I suppose. The stereo mix is supposed to be good though but I can't comment as I haven't tried it yet. :)
Biggus Dickus
TangFanIRL

Pedantic point

Post by TangFanIRL »

Little typo on the booklet - Terra Coda isn't an Edgar solo track (it is from Tangram re-issue) so should have two asterisks instead of just one!
TangFanIRL

Re: Pedantic point

Post by TangFanIRL »

TangFanIRL wrote:Little typo on the booklet - Terra Coda isn't an Edgar solo track (it is from Tangram re-issue) so should have two asterisks instead of just one!
Oops, Wisdom and Tragedy should have 2 * also...
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

TangFanIRL wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:Little typo on the booklet - Terra Coda isn't an Edgar solo track (it is from Tangram re-issue) so should have two asterisks instead of just one!
As should Wu Wei...
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

TangFanIRL wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
As should Wu Wei...

Not forgetting Point Of No Return...