Tangerine Dream on Blue Ray

billythefish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by billythefish »

timer wrote:
billythefish wrote:I think, of all the DVDs, Canyon Dreams is the most ripe for remastering. I loved the CD and only have the VHS otherwise. The DVD is apparently a poor remaster of the VHS original.
was it ever available on Laserdisc?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-C ... 240%3A1318

8)
Excellent - Good spot! I wonder what the sound quality is like on that one.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
hansx

Post by hansx »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: Upscales ? Do you mean enhances the quality of std DVD ? 8)
yes...to nearish BR standard
Cheers for the info mate - appreciated 8)
But..... there are also dvdplayers available which do the same. HDMI link and a very very good view.
But I shouldn't buy this format. Think BR is a step forward and dvd a step backward.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Please I wanted too Request for 40 Years Roadmap too Music Live At the Tempodrome Berlin on Blu-ray. :D
That's why I’m trying too tell you guy’s :roll: :(

:!: :arrow:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

You crazy grizzlies!!! I'll say it again....none of TD's recent concerts will benefit as much as we think from being shown on Blue Ray because they weren't filmed on full High Definition cameras. They were shot on HDV cameras which only have 75% (1440 pixels) of the horizontal definition that Blue Ray can display (1920 pixels).
Even though our nice widescreen TV's can either show 1080 horizontal lines or can upscale to 1080, the DVDs released by TD are only 720x576. This is the resolution of all standard definition DVDs.

So any jump to Blue Ray would involve us going from what we already have (720x576, standard definition DVD) up to 1440x1080 (the limitations of the cameras used). A Blue Ray DVD will display 1920 lines, but if the lines weren't filmed by the camera in the first place, then the BR system will interpolate ('invent') the missing 480 lines. So you won't get a full Blue Ray picture.
Laserdisc Dream

I Got the Blu-ray player on PS3 on Audio Format I wanted on Dolby True HD, (8.1) Dolby Digital (5.1 Full Blast,)
DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Headphone and PCM Stereo 24bit.
that is all. 8) :wink:

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I was thinking of going Blueray but then I watched a Blueray DVD at a friends house and thought sod it. I have a great new phillips 32 inch hd ready tv and I am happy enough watching standard DVDs for now. If Blueray really takes off than maybe I will invest someday but at the moment I have doubts that it will be the main format of DVD that people are watching in the future.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The only thing that got me buying CDs was that vinyl was no longer an option. I think the day's a long way off when DVDs are phased out in favour of Blu-ray.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Don't care for Blueray... having a nice 4:3 cathode-ray 50 Hz TV I can hardly telly the difference between a VHS tape and DVD picture... :P 8) And if I ever go for a newer format than DVD, it would only be because of an improved sound quality.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

timer wrote:
billythefish wrote:I think, of all the DVDs, Canyon Dreams is the most ripe for remastering. I loved the CD and only have the VHS otherwise. The DVD is apparently a poor remaster of the VHS original.
was it ever available on Laserdisc?

Im sure I read somewhere the other day that it was available on Laser Disc at some point
Yes, I have one.
Laserdisc Dream

Don’t be looking for LD Version it has some of LD Press are not that little bit video quality
Some are good and some bad videodisc on the Master video disc it has Bran for 3M Imation.
3m corporation a leader in magnetic media for decades entered the LD replication process in the fall of 1981.
Discs produced at the outset were nearly all industrial titles. The first 3M disc I recall seeing was the demonstration and sales training disc produced by North American phillip called the world on a silver platter.
This disc was used to outline the 2nd generation of Laser Disc player from Sylvania and Magnavox.
At the time the product was simply Called Laser Vision.
On my disc is okay so far no Laser Rot yet.
Since Miramar went out of Businesses the DVD Went out of print completely a round 2002.
If Look for it a Rare DVD the First Print instead I know they selling it on ebay.
I wanted too say Good luck looking it on DVD-video. :wink:

Laserdisc Dream

Oh Yeah I also wanted my request for “Three Phase” on Blu-ray First time in High-Def.
Restore Hi-video quality and Audio Digitally Re-store and re-master Sound from the Original.
That my Idea so think of it is really cool Idea on Blu-ray disc. :idea: :D

8)

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Oasis and Canyon Dreams are both widely availble on DVD at cheap prices the only problem for us UK ppl is that it is region one DVD. I actually think my DVD can play region one, I need to check it out.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

cantosis wrote:Oasis and Canyon Dreams are both widely availble on DVD at cheap prices the only problem for us UK ppl is that it is region one DVD. I actually think my DVD can play region one, I need to check it out.
It'll soon spit the disc out if it's not
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:Oasis and Canyon Dreams are both widely availble on DVD at cheap prices the only problem for us UK ppl is that it is region one DVD. I actually think my DVD can play region one, I need to check it out.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a cheap copy of the Oasis DVD I'd be mega-happy.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

EB - has Edgar any plans to release Blu Ray quality TD video material in the future? I'm sure he thinks about such things!?