Tangerine dream tour Year 1986

andeemac2006
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine dream tour Year 1986

Post by andeemac2006 »

My tour started at the Newcastle gig and everybody went, Norman Faye (VietGrove) , Ian Boddy all my friends living in Newcastle, as was on that fantastic tour the music was unbelievable,
I was so energized I followed Tang down to Manchester, London and Harrogate, which had an added Bonus a Hotel was connected to the Concert hall by a tunnel , I met up with a friend who ran the DX Club a yamaha FM club, and he smiled and said follow me and we went to the Lobby of the Hotel where Chris Franke , Paul Haslinger and Edgar were takling to People,!!! Chris Franke was layed out on his back, I shook his hand and talked to Paul " I asked him that this must be a dream come true to tour with Tangerine Dream" and he agreed that he had to Pinch himself and was enjoying himself. I still savor this night .

Having read a lot of Posts there isnt much mention of Chris Franke, who up tp and Including Underwater Sunlight and Live Miles (I think ) was responsible for all the Percussion and a lot of Sequencer Programing.
And what Programming there was!! on the 1986 tour his Percussion was amazing, And I think that after he left Tangerine Dream took a bit of a Nose dive in this department.
The 86 tour was highlighted by some extracts from the Legend Soundtrack "the Unicorn Theme" was and still is one of the best Pieces of music that Tangerine Dream have done I saw it live 4 times Marvelous almost symphonic and the extended version of Dolphin Ride was great

For me its a shame that the Talent that Chrs Franke has in Electronic Mujsic just goes to waste from one year to the next, How many years has there been since his last full blown Electronic CD ,, Many Years thats for shure. Mark Shrieve told Ian Boddy that when Chris was in the studio with Mark to help him with his solo album on JIVE he could work out in his head the Digtal Delay number to slap bacl the notated sequence programmed in Marks Stienberg sequencer software and it was 100 % correct first time ,, what a waste of talent

having said all that I have, Im glad to hear Tang having an Indian Suumer latley they are Producing some really good mujsic again

Its good to join this Forum. hi Andrew Neave now living in Las Vegas.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Nice story Andrew - and welcome to the forum 8)
timer

Post by timer »

Welcome to the forum Andrew . 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Nice post Andrew

welcome to the forum

andy
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Great post Andrew

A warm welcome to the forum 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Hello Andrew and welcome, does your 86 sweat top still fit? I just wish mine did. :oops: :lol:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
24db

Post by 24db »

bigdaveh wrote:Hello Andrew and welcome, does your 86 sweat top still fit? I just wish mine did. :oops: :lol:
Mine does...hideous Green though
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

24db wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:Hello Andrew and welcome, does your 86 sweat top still fit? I just wish mine did. :oops: :lol:
You slim bean Andy :!: :!: :lol: yep it was a horrible colour.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
24db

Post by 24db »

bigdaveh wrote:
24db wrote:
You slim bean Andy :!: :!: :lol: yep it was a horrible colour.
the arms are probably a tad short though....I can just about fit into my 1981 sweatshirt as well ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I cant even fit in to the 97 t/shirt :oops: :oops: :arrow: :arrow:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

epsilon75 wrote:I cant even fit in to the 97 t/shirt :oops: :oops: :arrow: :arrow:
Don't those slim beans make you jealous :lol:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I cant even fit in to the 97 t/shirt :oops: :oops: :arrow: :arrow:
Don't those slim beans make you jealous :lol:
To many carrots,swede and cranberry juice :wink:
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

I don't normally do this, but talking about Mark Shreeve I'm going to be brazen and give a plug for the new redshift CD 'Turning towards us" which I think is totally awsome, and then some.

Coral elements of rubycon linked with complex sequencers and atmospherics and a dynamic that will blow your socks off - Redshift are not recreating TD 76 this is bang solid 2008 EM with attitude! If your a fan of the virgin years, and like raw emotion in your EM it's so worth checking out
timer

Post by timer »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:I don't normally do this, but talking about Mark Shreeve I'm going to be brazen and give a plug for the new redshift CD 'Turning towards us" which I think is totally awsome, and then some.

Coral elements of rubycon linked with complex sequencers and atmospherics and a dynamic that will blow your socks off - Redshift are not recreating TD 76 this is bang solid 2008 EM with attitude! If your a fan of the virgin years, and like raw emotion in your EM it's so worth checking out
Its certainly getting some good reviews, I gave up with Redshift a few years back , still treasure what I do have though. :D
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

going back to tour merch. I still got my 86 tour programme and from the 1990 tour a slightly sorry looking black sweatshirt with 3 buttons down the front,collar and small 'three bikes' emblem on the breast. Loved that shirt but years of guinness and chicken tikka masala abuse have taken their toll...not on the sweatshirt, my midrift. :-) :-) :-)