After show meet and greets

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:The barmaid on the right looks so familiar. I have seen her before but can`t place it. I was thinking that on the night but I thought it might have been the beer but it definately was not.

Both nice looking ladies and did a great job last week.
Lovely people behind the bar and kitchen Matthew,they were real nice 8)
Yup all part of a wonderfull day, hope the next TD concert isn`t too far away. I was thinking about it a lot today definately my favorite concert.
I very much hope you are right,its always a real magic day 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

thing is with all the meets and greets is that when it stops I'm gonna sulk ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:thing is with all the meets and greets is that when it stops I'm gonna sulk ;)
If people keep up their annual TDOC subscriptions i dont see why it would stop :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:thing is with all the meets and greets is that when it stops I'm gonna sulk ;)
If people keep up their annual TDOC subscriptions i dont see why it would stop :arrow:
My credit card is gently weeping ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
My credit card is gently weeping ;)
My CARDS have been weeping all year mate :cry: :cry: :cry:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am gutted I missed the meet and greet in London but after seeing how many people turned up in Edinburgh I am even more gutted I couldn`t make that concert. It looked a lot more laid back with only a few people there giving everyone a chance to get pictures and things signed and also a chat.

I think it might get to a point where there is some sort of restrictions if the TDOC keeps growing otherwise getting to meet the band will be like trying to get the new EP from the merch store.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Yes, Edgar had the opportunity to walk around and see everone personally! 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
I wasn't at the meet'n'greet but I'm still going to renew my TDOC card. I hope at some point to be able to stay after at least one show.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I am gutted I missed the meet and greet in London but after seeing how many people turned up in Edinburgh I am even more gutted I couldn`t make that concert. It looked a lot more laid back with only a few people there giving everyone a chance to get pictures and things signed and also a chat.

I think it might get to a point where there is some sort of restrictions if the TDOC keeps growing otherwise getting to meet the band will be like trying to get the new EP from the merch store.
You would have loved it Matt, although the expense for a married man with kids might have been way too much
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:I am gutted I missed the meet and greet in London but after seeing how many people turned up in Edinburgh I am even more gutted I couldn`t make that concert. It looked a lot more laid back with only a few people there giving everyone a chance to get pictures and things signed and also a chat.

You would have loved it Matt, although the expense for a married man with kids might have been way too much
Yup I miss thse carefree single days :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:

My brother keeps saying to me "Do you remember the days when you had cash in your pocket?". :wink:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Just exactly what did the Fan Club members get for their money on the recent shows? Early entry? At Edinburgh you could still get to one of the front rows even if you were the last one admitted, as the crowd were quite thinnned out until the shows started. The only benefit from early entry was quick access to the merchandise stall! Access to meet-and-greet? I didn't see anyone at Edinburgh checking fans for a card, unless, like you said Andy, I was the '+1'?
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Just exactly what did the Fan Club members get for their money on the recent shows? Early entry? At Edinburgh you could still get to one of the front rows even if you were the last one admitted, as the crowd were quite thinnned out until the shows started. The only benefit from early entry was quick access to the merchandise stall! Access to meet-and-greet? I didn't see anyone at Edinburgh checking fans for a card, unless, like you said Andy, I was the '+1'?
I wouldn't have minded but the holding hands bit was too far ;)

I did show my card pre and post gig, somebody asked to see our backstage passes and we said 'Eh? all we've got is these?' but that's what they meant.

As far as that gig was concerned we (I mean club members) got all that was promissed, the only thing I forgot to do was ask if there was a discount at the stall. It just depends what people were expecting for it I guess, ok Edgar didn't pay for me to fly with him to LA at his expense, just cos I had a card...but we weren't promissed that.

The only reason why it seems that TDOC members seemed to get little from that gig was that it was run so well...and most fans turned up fairly late (comparing it with the Forum), I don't know if you were next to me at the time mate, but I actually thanked the people who were doing the security there, a model of how to be polite AND keep order.

When the TDOC was announced or rather the list of things we were meant to get, i must say I did think, 'yeah, right like that's gonna work'...but I've got no complaints....and the £100 backhander off Edgar was a bonus ;)

seriously though, does anybody feel they haven't got much from the club so far? Nobody has said this to me yet, but it would be interesting to see what everybody thinks
24db

Re: After show meet and greets

Post by 24db »

GlynRichards wrote:
24db wrote:I'd just like to take the opportunity to personally thank Bianca, Edgar, Thorsten, Linda, Linda, Bernie and Ulrich Schnauss (btw, thanks for introducing me, Stephen) for all their time. It was pleasure getting to
talk to you on many many topics, especially for so long in Edinburgh where the group were very relaxed indeed... was it an hour? I got to chat to everyone bar Linda who I sadly missed. You all were so down to earth and modest. Like many fans it's something that I'll never forget and it rounded the whole weekend off perfectly

thank you

andy
Yes, it was very relaxed at Edinburgh. I think Edgar was quite surprised that there wasn't that many people at the meet and greet. And he did make a point of saying hello and shaking hands with each and every one of us.

Even EDWEIRDO. :wink:
that's because ED looks like a Glasgow heavy ;)
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

....just continuing on from what 24db wrote about what we're getting for our money from the TDOC.....

My girlfriend purchased my TDOC Card as soon as I knew TD were doing the London gig and I purchased her one a few weeks before the gig as I wanted her with me at the meet+greet and didn't want to take the chance with her being refused entry.

The club webpage itself isn't updated that regularly, that isn't a real issue for me personally as the main reasons of purchasing the cards were for meeting TD, quicker entry into the venue and discount at the merch stall.

We both got to meet TD and the memories will stay with me until the day I die - that itself was worth far more than the cost of 2 cards.

On reflection of the actual concert night, neither myself or my girlfriend were asked to produce our cards at any time, we didn't get in any earlier and there was no discount at the merch stall so I guess that was slightly disappointing - I suspect there were probably several non-club members at the meet + greet in London as it was packed and if that was the case then that was very unfair for all of us who shelled out the 30 euros.

In terms of whether TDOC cards are value for money, if TD are playing live and I can meet them then yes they certainly are value for money, if TD aren't playing then for me personally, I would not spend the money for access to just the Club, especially in the current financial status in England.

I still maintain it was one of the best nights of my life, my girlfriend really enjoyed herself and we both went away happy and fullfilled, what more could you ask for?

All the best :D