Piano

Do you think that the piano is an underused instrument in TD's Arsenal of Instruments

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 32

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Piano

Post by alipaul »

I loved the snippet of piano at the Forum gig i think it's quite refreshing to hear a conventional keyboard instrument intemingled with the synthetic sounds created by the synths.
Reminds me of Classics like Monolight & Pergamon
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Probably my favorite instrument played within the music i like,so im all for piano 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Sonically yes...but no in that TD have used it a hell of a lot, Edgar owns several and most of TD's music is or was composed on one.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Sometimes the synth sound can become too surreal & the interjection of the piano can bring it down to earth.
I've always loved a good thumping sequencer or driving synth sound after the piano.
Especially as there are two excellent pianists in the band in the form of Edgar & Thorsten
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

More Piano please - just listen to JS playing Cherry Blossom Road
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

mor piano would be welcome :!:

but the guitar is totally overused ............ especially i don´t like edgars guitar playing although it´s nice to see him playing it because it´s a kind of legendary but it sounds awful in my ears........... sounds always like the 70s and that isn´t my musical decade............ more leadsythies (js brilliant solos in mind) please :)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
timer

Post by timer »

I like the piano as an instrument , and find it as interesting in TD compositions were blended with other instruments , as the other instruments used.

As for Edgars guitar playing :shock: I love it , the sounds he gets from his processor are fabulous.

I think the current use of guitars within TD music is just about right. When Zlakto Perica was with them - and this is no criticism of ZP abilities - it was well over the top (of everthing!) and at times became quite dull to listen to.

With Bernhards playing there's a lot more emotion in his style and personally he is my favourite TD guitarist to have joined the band.
I wish I could play like that after the amount of time BB's been playing !

I think the current line up have got it just right 8)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Very well said, Tim 8)
hansx

Post by hansx »

I still like the piano things in TD. And I love to hear some pieces on a piano only album. But that is a dream, I guess.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Piano?

only if its prepared

BM says so :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigmoog wrote:only if its prepared
a la John Cage :shock: :?:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:only if its prepared
a la John Cage :shock: :?:

:wink:

ala Phaedra, Rubycon :wink: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

hansx wrote:I still like the piano things in TD. And I love to hear some pieces on a piano only album. But that is a dream, I guess.
That would be nice. We have previously had the albums TD plays TD and TD plays EF (the Eindohoven concert) so why not an EF plays TD (on piano)?
timer

Post by timer »

tdfan wrote:
hansx wrote:I still like the piano things in TD. And I love to hear some pieces on a piano only album. But that is a dream, I guess.
That would be nice. We have previously had the albums TD plays TD and TD plays EF (the Eindohoven concert) so why not an EF plays TD (on piano)?

Would also be nice to hear some of the early stages of composition EF does on piano for TD tracks.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Krismopompas how can you not like Edgar's guitar playing - he is just brilliant!! As much as I enjoy Bernhard's playing (and he is very very good) I am afraid that to me he is not a patch on the big man himself. As soon as Edgar strikes the first chord I get goose bumps every time. He is to me one of the best guitarist's I've heard and is certainly well and truly in my top five ever. He is a guitar legend in my mind and I just wish he would play more during the concerts. His solo on Hamlet in the Epsilon Journey gig is just awesome - I can't get enough of it. All hail the Edgar guitar!! :lol:
Biggus Dickus