The Tempodome Gig itself

Taximan431
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Tempodome Gig itself

Post by Taximan431 »

No one has put their view of the gig down here. I brought my brother with me to his first experiance of TD on September last. I travelled with Conrad,Rosie Dave & my brother from Dublin. It was planned that all the fans would meet up in the Sony Centre area of Berlin also that it would be a close enough walk to the venue. Chistian help organise the location.In fact Christian met us as we arrived in Berlin from our flight.

Always when we travel to a TD gig its more of a great big social meeting where all the fans get together like a family.Anyway we headed to our hotel checked in chilled out then met up just after 4pm & made our way to the meeting point.

It was great to see all the usual suspects again from all over & also the members of the Hungarian fan club in their members t -shirts. Coiln & the UK fans it was a pleasure to meet you all again (a TD gig without them ....Unthinkable). We all had drinks & food here then later made our way to Tempodome. The venue itself was awesome in its construction it stood out from a far as you can see from the DVD cover. The atmosphere was electric...I certainly believe this was our first taste of a change in TD well it was a celebration afterall but the amount of preparation that went into this gig was clearly seen. The merchandise stand was bigger than what I had seen in Shepards bush or astoria. lost of Goodies on offer for the craving fans.

moving into the concert hall it was big with a good sense of well being. Those ballons where doing the rounds again & it was a fairly full hall . Edgar started the concert off with a mouthorgan (Harmonica) intro very effective the the curtains rolled back to give us the full outlay of the stage the rest you can see from the DVD Tempodome.....

Later Colin & the crew got into the bar area where to our surprise we got to meet up with Edgar,Thorsten, Iris & Linda & the lovely Bianca Gerald & Berhard ( the volin guy). hard a few beers here & enjoyed the fan /group member photo sessions ... wew later retired back to our street bar that served to the endless hours fine Beers & wines...Over all Berlin is a wonderful city & has always been a great location for a TD concert..

anyone care to add their experiance of Tempodoame ...

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff Oh by the way my brother is truly a Td convert after this great gig :!: :!: :!:
quinoa2004

Post by quinoa2004 »

Geoff,
mate, nice to read your impressions, it was a great pleasure for me to play guide to you & friends, also it was a wonderful bulk of fans meeting at SONY Center. We were up to 70 i counted, i enjoyed all of you very much.

Is the last concert always the best ??? As we all can see on DVD, it was THAT night, not only a concert, it was THAT night.
There are some more texts on other sites (Pertou, for example). What about others to write down what happened to you on Sep 21st ???

A love smile to Dublin !!!

Chris :wink:
Dream on in Berlin
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

This is an event i thought i would never have gone too because of my flying phobia.
On the morning of its announcement i took it upon myself to book a ticket,hotel and flight and i knew then there was NO turning back.
I rang my TD mate Gary Jenkins(hyperboreauk) and asked him was he interested and to my delight he booked as well.
On the morning of Wednesday the 20th September i travelled to Bristol airport and met up with Gary and David Foster(fozziebear) who was our excellent Berlin city guide as he had been there before.

After a swift half a dozen sherbets at the airport bar,it was time to board the flight and although i did not show it i was crapping my pants as i always said i would NEVER fly,i was the Dennis Bergkamp of the TD world.

Throughout the flight i listened to Jerome's "Neptunes" which was the perfect carming measure and so was the whiskeys on board :wink:

We got to Berlin around 1 hour 35 minutes later and David took us into Berlin via the train..........i had survived my personal nightmare.

Myself and Gary got to our hotel,had a quick wash and brush up and then made our way to the Sony Centre and the Lindenbrau bar where we again met up with David.

First face we saw enjoying a beer on the Wednesday evening was Graeme(echosnare) and we joined him in having a few of what i thought was excellent brew which was brewed on the premises...........later we met Chris Gruhn(quinoa2004) who had made arrangements for us all to meet at this pub for the Wednesday and Thursday fan meetings........

Later in the evening we were joined by a Lady and Gent from Ireland,Gerald from Germany who looked like he had sunk a few :wink: and others who i cant remember(too much beer) :roll:
Later Chris was kind enough to give us all copies of the excellent TD(extensions) CDs which really are an excellent listen and very much appreciated :D
After more Beer Gary,David and myself headed back to our hotels to get a much needed bit of kip after a very busy day and found a convenience store en-route where i bought more beer to take back to the hotel to drink,needless to say i went out like a light :idea:

Part two to follow :roll: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

On the Thursday morning we were up bright and early for a shower and went for our breakfast ( i had salami chesse and bread rolls) which was very nice and we then left the hotel to meet up with David who took us on a tour of Berlin that morning..........we went to the Reichstag,The Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie amongst other fantastic architecture and then David and Gary got dragged in by some film makers who were doing a travel documentary on the City,eat your heart out Colin Farrell and George Clooney :lol:

Whilst we were sitting in a bar opposite Checkpoint Charlie along came Alan Miller(Diamondsndust) who had just arrived and we had a quick chat and a drink before he made the way to his hotel.

After a fantastic tour of the city(thanks to David) we headed back to our hotels had a quick change and made our way to the Lindenbrau for the Thurday fan meeting.
When we arrived we were the first fans there,but soon enough the fans started to turn up in drips and drabs and Chris had reserved seats for us all at the corner of the Lindenbrau.......

There were a lot of familiar faces around including Geoff Keogh,Conrad Gibbons,Rosie Gibbons,David Fox,Chris Owen,Vic Rek,Heiko Neumann and Dad,Heiko Heerssen,Alan Miller,Graeme Stewart,Peter Stoerfele,Micheal Berling(Voices in the net)Siggi Lindhorst,Jacob Pertou, Edweirdo and Mac from Scotland,Klaus Beschorner,Anthony Ainsworth,Dave Houghton and the fantastic members of the Hungarian fan club who were all kitted out in exactly the same Hungarian TD fan club T/Shirts.......also a welcome sight was that of Mario Schonwalder the great German Electronic musician...................The late afternoon was spent discussing personal TD stories and favorite tracks albums etc over dinner(Chicken & Chips for me) :wink: and questions on where you were from and staying etc.............I have to say this was a tremendously enjoyable fan meeting and one i hope will happen yet again in the not to distant future,such a load of likeable fantastic individuals under one roof,it was a tremendous afternoon..........around 6.30 we all started to make our way to the Tempodrom in small groups,when we got there myself and Gerald W got a bottle of lager each from the outside bar and drunk it before we made our way in :arrow:

Part three to follow :roll: :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

We got into the Tempodrom and i hung around by the bar for a while before taking up my seat at the front with Gary.

Spot on time and in darkness here comes Edgar onto the stage with a spotlight on him,he takes his mouth organ from his pocket and plays a short piece before the curtain gos up and there are the Dream in all their glory..................I wont ramble on about the concert anymore as i think ive done enough of that already,all i can say it was a stunning evening and one that will remain in the memory for ever.

After the concert i could see TD had retired to a side bar at the Tempodrom, I led the way with Gary and Jacob in pursuit and tried to enter only a big hairy arsed bouncer had other ideas and wanted to play the tough guy............after a few words were exchanged we went outside the Tempodrom and i noticed there was another side entrance to the bar and myself and the lads just walked in...............the bouncer could see us on the other side of the glass and was not amused :x ,but i just gave him a wave :twisted:

In the bar were Edgar,Thorsten,Linda,Iris and Bianca and i was rushing around taking as many photos as i could get because i feared we may get booted out but this was not the case,we were then joined by Geoff,Conrad,Rosie,Leonard(Geoff's brother)David,Vic amongst others,Olaf Zimmerman(Radio Eins) was also there sat with Edgar.......it was all very cordial and i and others managed to get the photos and autographs we craved...........Edgar personally signed my (AGES) T/shirt and i also got a cracking photo with him as well,i was very happy :D

After what seemed an age we said our goodbyes then Gary and myself
made our way back to hotel very happy chappies :D it was a fantastic ending to what had been a special day.........I would like to thank David,Gary and of Course Tangerine Dream for making it so special,also thanks to the many special people new and old i met over the two days,it was a complete pleasure to be in your company.

A special thank you again to the band for taking time out for Photos,autographs etc,it really is hugely appreciated.

Until next time all

Colin :wink:

Photos of the concert at my photobucket site,just click on the www link on my member file :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

Brilliant write up Colin.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

It was a very good gig, apart from the beer shower, & the p*ss water lager afterwards....

Actually, you are probably better off wearing the beer at the Tempodrome than drinking it!

I can't add much to what others have said, other than this:

Meeting the guys who attended the gig, sharing their company, a few beers, & great craic, and seeing TD, the heart & soul of EM, in Berlin, the spiritual home of EM..... It doesn't get much better than that. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:It was a very good gig, apart from the beer shower, & the p*ss water lager afterwards....

Actually, you are probably better off wearing the beer at the Tempodrome than drinking it!

I can't add much to what others have said, other than this:

Meeting the guys who attended the gig, sharing their company, a few beers, & great craic, and seeing TD, the heart & soul of EM, in Berlin, the spiritual home of EM..... It doesn't get much better than that. :D
At least the german barmen don't drop their beer all over you ;)...mind you sounds like they didn't need to. If it makes you feel better mate, I was almost glued to the spot at the SBE with spilt beer :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Brilliant write up Colin.

Cheers mate...........took me about 24 hours to write it down on paper first :oops: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Brilliant write up Colin.

Cheers mate...........took me about 24 hours to write it down on paper first :oops: :wink:
I really think it sums up thel ideal idea of being a TD fan, meeting up for the craik before the gig, exchanging stories and information, having a beer (or two), then going off to see a great gig.

Cheers Colin, I've only met you once mate (I regret not saying hello at the SBE, but I wasn't 100% it was you), but I look forward to meeting up with you 'somewhere' in 2007/8
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I look forward to it...............as always 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Great write-up Colin. Having seen the DVD and heard all the stories I really wish I could have been there. Good to have the DVD, at least us poor unfortunates can imagine how great it was. Not sure that the missus would appreciate me chucking beer all of the front room for that Tempodrom feeling..... :wink:
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

24db wrote:
Cheers Colin, I've only met you once mate (I regret not saying hello at the SBE, but I wasn't 100% it was you), but I look forward to meeting up with you 'somewhere' in 2007/8
Following his starring role in the Tempodrome DVD, Everyone Everywhere will know Mr Jouxson on sight, which is more than can be said for some!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:Great write-up Colin. Having seen the DVD and heard all the stories I really wish I could have been there. Good to have the DVD, at least us poor unfortunates can imagine how great it was. Not sure that the missus would appreciate me chucking beer all of the front room for that Tempodrom feeling..... :wink:
Go for it Chris...............i did last night and spilled plenty of beer here, the wife was NOT amused and Steely Dan was at full blast :oops: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:
24db wrote:
Following his starring role in the Tempodrome DVD, Everyone Everywhere will know Mr Jouxson on sight, which is more than can be said for some!
lol...I can't talk, I only appear in one of the SBE pre-gig photos and then only as a shadowy figure.