Pre Concert Nerves

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:I must admit that I am a bit nervous about the fan meet myself :arrow:

know I will probably feel a bit like an "amateur" being amongst the greatest TD fans in the world - but don't get me wrong - I am VERY MUCH looking forward to it :D 8)
I've never known anyone to get elitist over their interest in TD. It'll be fine. Despite having been a fan for 25 years and having a huge TD CD collection, I know precious little trivia. :lol:
elitist? don't think so, hell most of us can't even spell it ;)
Isn't that a car made by Lotus ? :shock:

I get me coat :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote: I've never known anyone to get elitist over their interest in TD. It'll be fine. Despite having been a fan for 25 years and having a huge TD CD collection, I know precious little trivia. :lol:
elitist? don't think so, hell most of us can't even spell it ;)

save all the good ones for the pub ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: elitist? don't think so, hell most of us can't even spell it ;)

save all the good ones for the pub ;)
Oh , im full of em mate ! or should that be 'it' :shock: :wink:
Schulze

Re: Pre Concert Nerves

Post by Schulze »

EDWEIRDO wrote:I don't know if it's just me being sad, but in the week leading up to a TD gig I get all jangly of nerves, find it difficult to sleep and generally lack concentration. I never had this problem when I played in bands, gigs were just gigs. weird, innit? :roll:
This will be the first TD gig I've ever been to, and it's taking a wee bit of getting my head around the fact that it's only 6 days away.... :shock:

Yep..... I'm getting excited...... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
redziller

Post by redziller »

It's the post-gig down I don't like- the last optimistic clap has rung out - nope, no fourth encore and the lights are up now anyway.

Nothing for it but to turn round and file out.

But meeting up with fans before and after certainly cushions that blow. :)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:I don`t get nerves regarding the gig, the fan meets - thats a different matter :lol: :shock: 8) :arrow:
you haven't been to one yet mate ;) honestly it's just like going down the pub...you know a few people and have a chat if you want to. I'll gloss over the bit when BM jumped into Colin's arms ;)

outrageous....Colin collapsed from too much water in his lemonade....into my arms

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz TD fans are the best : fact
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

EDWEIRDO wrote:I don't know if it's just me being sad, but in the week leading up to a TD gig I get all jangly of nerves, find it difficult to sleep and generally lack concentration.
I get the lack of concentration thing and jangly nerves, but have to say that I usually sleep well, dreaming of TD concerts of the past. It's chuffing brilliant.
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Chris Monk wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:I don't know if it's just me being sad, but in the week leading up to a TD gig I get all jangly of nerves, find it difficult to sleep and generally lack concentration.
I get the lack of concentration thing and jangly nerves, but have to say that I usually sleep well, dreaming of TD concerts of the past. It's chuffing brilliant.
I'll try the dreaming of TD concerts past 'remedy', Chris.

Glasgow Apollo 1982. Still the loudest thing I have ever heard :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

EDWEIRDO wrote:Glasgow Apollo 1982. Still the loudest thing I have ever heard :)
Black Sabbath back in the 70s for me. I get tinitus just thinking about it. :roll:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Chris Monk wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:Glasgow Apollo 1982. Still the loudest thing I have ever heard :)
Black Sabbath back in the 70s for me. I get tinitus just thinking about it. :roll:
For me not sure if it was Motorhead at PortVale FC or Saxon at the Victoria hall in the 80's.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

For me Napalm Death in Newport :shock:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

For me Killing Joke Bristol Carling Academy 2005, saw Motorhead the following week and it seemed very quiet ! :shock:
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Not quite in the same camp as Motorhead etc, but the loudest I've heard was Leftfield at Wolves Civic - so loud you couldn't tell one track from another - a major disappointment live
timer

Post by timer »

timer wrote:For me Killing Joke Bristol Carling Academy 2005, saw Motorhead the following week and it seemed very quiet ! :shock:

Another surprising one was Level 42 !

The bass was so loud it hurt your insides - a bit like the end of side one of Logos !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
timer wrote:For me Killing Joke Bristol Carling Academy 2005, saw Motorhead the following week and it seemed very quiet ! :shock:

Another surprising one was Level 42 !

The bass was so loud it hurt your insides - a bit like the end of side one of Logos !
Mark King cant half play that bass 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.