Meeting TD at the Forum....

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Meeting TD at the Forum....

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Chris Monk wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:A funny thought then occured to me.....what the heck would I say to them if I do meet them? especially to one Mr.Froese!!! Just what could you say to the person behind the best band ever to exist?
It's a thought that's crossed my mind numerous times. Haven't got a clue what I'd say. Got a nasty feeling I'd either be dumb-struck or sound like a complete babbling winner.

They say that you should never meet your heroes. I used to think that was because you might be disappointed, I now think it may be because you will totally humiliate and embarrass yourself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicely put Chris. I think we're both on the same wavelength on this!!
The meet+greet will be in the Forum's bar so I'm thinking I'm gonna have a few pints to get the old confidence up and see what happens..... :wink:
Chris Monk

Re: Meeting TD at the Forum....

Post by Chris Monk »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:A funny thought then occured to me.....what the heck would I say to them if I do meet them? especially to one Mr.Froese!!! Just what could you say to the person behind the best band ever to exist?
It's a thought that's crossed my mind numerous times. Haven't got a clue what I'd say. Got a nasty feeling I'd either be dumb-struck or sound like a complete babbling winner.

They say that you should never meet your heroes. I used to think that was because you might be disappointed, I now think it may be because you will totally humiliate and embarrass yourself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicely put Chris. I think we're both on the same wavelength on this!!
The meet+greet will be in the Forum's bar so I'm thinking I'm gonna have a few pints to get the old confidence up and see what happens..... :wink:
Kinda hoping to persuade my wife to allow me to attend but it ain't looking good. Seems that she wants to treat the whole day like an SAS raid. In and out in as little time as possible. :roll:

....somewhere EF is breathing a heavy sigh of relief. :wink:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Has there been any info released as to how TDOC members go about getting into the venue early and attend the meet and greet? Thanks in advance! :D (needless to say I am a member, and if it's a problem please let me know and I'll find out another way :D )
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

wayfarer wrote:Has there been any info released as to how TDOC members go about getting into the venue early and attend the meet and greet? Thanks in advance! :D (needless to say I am a member, and if it's a problem please let me know and I'll find out another way :D )
There is some info at the TDOC Richard :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

epsilon75 wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Has there been any info released as to how TDOC members go about getting into the venue early and attend the meet and greet? Thanks in advance! :D (needless to say I am a member, and if it's a problem please let me know and I'll find out another way :D )
Previously, there's been some comments on the interactive section of the site, but they tend to disappear as new comments are posted. Are you talking about that or a different section of the website?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just on the Interaction section Richard...........
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

epsilon75 wrote:Just on the Interaction section Richard...........
Thanks. With luck there will still be some meaningful info on there when I return from work. :D
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

wayfarer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Previously, there's been some comments on the interactive section of the site, but they tend to disappear as new comments are posted. Are you talking about that or a different section of the website?
:D :D Please note that the Meet and Greet is AFTER the concert. :wink: :arrow:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

prophetfive wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: There is some info at the TDOC Richard :wink:
:D :D Please note that the Meet and Greet is AFTER the concert. :wink: :arrow:
Bad punctuation on my part :lol:
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:lol: :arrow:
Justin

TDOC entry at the Forum

Post by Justin »

Just wondering, as the 'Doors' time at the forum is 7pm, is this still the case for the proposed 'quick entry' for TDOC members? Just so I know wot time to arrive to get some pre-show atmos outside the venue (weather permitting!).
epsilon75

Re: TDOC entry at the Forum

Post by epsilon75 »

Justin wrote:Just wondering, as the 'Doors' time at the forum is 7pm, is this still the case for the proposed 'quick entry' for TDOC members? Just so I know wot time to arrive to get some pre-show atmos outside the venue (weather permitting!).
The forum is only 10 minutes away so leaving just after 6 should be more than ample 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:? Would love to meet the guys and gals after the gig but with the concert probably not ending until 11pm I will have to shoot to get my trains home because as you know in the wonderful country of ours everything transport wise ceases to exist much after midnight!! Next time they come over I will book myself into a hotel for the night that way it won't matter what time I depart the venue. If it finishes at half ten I might be able to for half an hour provided they go straight there and we don't have to wait a long time for them to turn up. Either way I will sure enjoy the gig and will hopefully get in the Guest List Queue for fast-track entry!! :D
Biggus Dickus
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

ant wrote::? Would love to meet the guys and gals after the gig but with the concert probably not ending until 11pm I will have to shoot to get my trains home because as you know in the wonderful country of ours everything transport wise ceases to exist much after midnight!! Next time they come over I will book myself into a hotel for the night that way it won't matter what time I depart the venue. If it finishes at half ten I might be able to for half an hour provided they go straight there and we don't have to wait a long time for them to turn up. Either way I will sure enjoy the gig and will hopefully get in the Guest List Queue for fast-track entry!! :D
I was thinking the same thing but I think on a saturday most tube lines open till 1am. Not sure where you are based but its worth checking out.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
ant wrote::? Would love to meet the guys and gals after the gig but with the concert probably not ending until 11pm I will have to shoot to get my trains home because as you know in the wonderful country of ours everything transport wise ceases to exist much after midnight!! Next time they come over I will book myself into a hotel for the night that way it won't matter what time I depart the venue. If it finishes at half ten I might be able to for half an hour provided they go straight there and we don't have to wait a long time for them to turn up. Either way I will sure enjoy the gig and will hopefully get in the Guest List Queue for fast-track entry!! :D
I was thinking the same thing but I think on a saturday most tube lines open till 1am. Not sure where you are based but its worth checking out.
12.20am is the last tube to Kings Cross.

I'll put the latest TFL and Network Rail news on line closures on my blog tonight...however I can't update it on anything last minute as I won't have access to my computer beyond mid-day tomorrow