Pre Concert Nerves

EDWEIRDO
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Pre Concert Nerves

Post by EDWEIRDO »

I don't know if it's just me being sad, but in the week leading up to a TD gig I get all jangly of nerves, find it difficult to sleep and generally lack concentration. I never had this problem when I played in bands, gigs were just gigs. weird, innit? :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very true Ed,the butterflies begin to play havoc :oops: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I don`t get nerves regarding the gig, the fan meets - thats a different matter :lol: :shock: 8) :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I know what you mean Ed - but I think there is a fine line between nerves and excitement! I am probably most nervous at making a boo-boo some how - like forgetting my ticket or getting the wrong day!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I must admit that I am a bit nervous about the fan meet myself :arrow:

know I will probably feel a bit like an "amateur" being amongst the greatest TD fans in the world - but don't get me wrong - I am VERY MUCH looking forward to it :D 8)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

bergen-dreamer wrote:I must admit that I am a bit nervous about the fan meet myself :arrow:

know I will probably feel a bit like an "amateur" being amongst the greatest TD fans in the world - but don't get me wrong - I am VERY MUCH looking forward to it :D 8)
:D :D Panic ye not gentlemen. There will be a warm welcome for one and all, veterans and newcomers alike. Relax and enjoy the very special "TD FAMILY" atmosphere. :wink: :arrow:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

bergen-dreamer wrote:I must admit that I am a bit nervous about the fan meet myself :arrow:

I've never known anyone to get elitist over their interest in TD. It'll be fine. Despite having been a fan for 25 years and having a huge TD CD collection, I know precious little trivia. :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote:

:D :D Panic ye not gentlemen. There will be a warm welcome for one and all, veterans and newcomers alike. Relax and enjoy the very special "TD FAMILY" atmosphere. :wink: :arrow:
Spot on Ron 8) :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

When any band starts to play I always feel a bit tense. Once the first ten minutes or so go by I start to relax and enjoy myself.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

epsilon75 wrote:
prophetfive wrote:

Spot on Ron 8) :)[/quote

All a bunch of friendly nutters so I know I will feel at home. :roll: :wink:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
redziller

Post by redziller »

billythefish wrote:I know what you mean Ed - but I think there is a fine line between nerves and excitement! I am probably most nervous at making a boo-boo some how - like forgetting my ticket or getting the wrong day!
Exactly my dream last night Stephen - got off the bus, into the School Hall (not the Forum after all) No Ticket. :shock: And the merch stall had TD Advent Calendars too!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

redziller wrote:
billythefish wrote:I know what you mean Ed - but I think there is a fine line between nerves and excitement! I am probably most nervous at making a boo-boo some how - like forgetting my ticket or getting the wrong day!
Exactly my dream last night Stephen - got off the bus, into the School Hall (not the Forum after all) No Ticket. :shock: And the merch stall had TD Advent Calendars too!
TD Advent calendars would be cool!! I can see Edgar as Santa :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I don`t get nerves regarding the gig, the fan meets - thats a different matter :lol: :shock: 8) :arrow:
you haven't been to one yet mate ;) honestly it's just like going down the pub...you know a few people and have a chat if you want to. I'll gloss over the bit when BM jumped into Colin's arms ;)
timer

Post by timer »

bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
prophetfive wrote: :D :D Panic ye not gentlemen. There will be a warm welcome for one and all, veterans and newcomers alike. Relax and enjoy the very special "TD FAMILY" atmosphere. :wink: :arrow:
Spot on Ron 8) :)[/quote

All a bunch of friendly nutters so I know I will feel at home. :roll: :wink:
Pre the MDF concert April 2007 I knew very few TD fans, and my nature would not have interested me in this type of event. But throwing caution to the wind last year was definately a great move.

I can understand people who think they may be a little intimidated by it all. I was when I first met up with the guys in 2007 ! this was TOTALLY overcome within minutes, with open friendlyness being show by all people - it was just a little difficult to remember who everyone was !.

With each Fan meet after that, be it a pre- gig type or not, I have amased an amazing amount of TD fan friends - and these are real friends, that I feel totally relaxed with at all times.

These meets make the TD experience that little bit more special.

Thanks to CJ & Andy for there tireless work on the organisation of this event , and previous one's.

I sincerely hope to acquire some more TD friends this weekend. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

wayfarer wrote:

I've never known anyone to get elitist over their interest in TD. It'll be fine. Despite having been a fan for 25 years and having a huge TD CD collection, I know precious little trivia. :lol:
elitist? don't think so, hell most of us can't even spell it ;)