coventry 1974 finaly on DVD

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Tangram wrote:Bit disappointed with the DVD, only 27 minutes long and none of the music is live, it's just Ricochet being played against a backdrop film of TD playing Ricochet presumably, though none of the actions and the music matched. At times, I felt it would have been just as effective to stick my cassette player spinning and gaze through my kaleidoscope while playing Ricochet in the background, so little is the actual amount of live footage. Too much psychadelic stuff there, man!
I thought everyone was aware of this. If you bought this blind, I can understand your disappointment, but this topic was discussed to death, prior to release of the DVD.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

Hobo wrote:
Tangram wrote:Bit disappointed with the DVD, only 27 minutes long and none of the music is live, it's just Ricochet being played against a backdrop film of TD playing Ricochet presumably, though none of the actions and the music matched. At times, I felt it would have been just as effective to stick my cassette player spinning and gaze through my kaleidoscope while playing Ricochet in the background, so little is the actual amount of live footage. Too much psychadelic stuff there, man!
I thought everyone was aware of this. If you bought this blind, I can understand your disappointment, but this topic was discussed to death, prior to release of the DVD.
I knew about the over-dubbing, but I was hoping there would be more actual concert footage and less psychadelic on-screen effects. was the concert only 27 minutes long or did the camera run out of film? Is there any more footage of the concert available and why is the DVD so short?
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)
24db

Post by 24db »

Tangram wrote:
Hobo wrote:
I knew about the over-dubbing, but I was hoping there would be more actual concert footage and less psychadelic on-screen effects. was the concert only 27 minutes long or did the camera run out of film? Is there any more footage of the concert available and why is the DVD so short?
this is the 'total' length of the original film, it was broadcast on BBC 2, oct 3rd 1976 8.15-8.45pm
ant

Post by ant »

Yes, I remember watching it when it was broadcast and I thought then that it was great to see TD on the telly but what a pity Tony Palmer had to ruin it with his silly 'oh so seventies' camera tricks. Now I have it on DVD I still feel much the same about it but as at the moment this is the only official release of TD from those days it is essential for any TD fans collection, even if it does not get to see the light of day very often!

Where is the SBE 2005 one though??
Biggus Dickus
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ant wrote:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
ant wrote:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

X3 :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

There was just this to wet our ravenous appetite.... Linda is amazing 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZzUAu_5s4
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:There was just this to wet our ravenous appetite.... Linda is amazing 8)

Some lady that.....WOW 8) :P
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:There was just this to wet our ravenous appetite.... Linda is amazing 8)

Nice to see that again. Not so nice seeing the "available Autumn 2006" promise.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:

I have to say Mick that voiceprint really have taken the kick with this release :evil: promise after promise has come to nothing :x :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:

Oh well, they probably made a mistake about the year ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

I have to say Mick that voiceprint really have taken the kick with this release :evil: promise after promise has come to nothing :x :arrow:
And no news about the delay. They must think that we'll forget about it. :x
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

maybe it'll be at the gig :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

alipaul wrote:maybe it'll be at the gig :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: