Meeting TD at the Forum....

Raystorm
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Raystorm »

Having just read this thread, I've gone and joined the TDOC this afternoon so that I can get the change to mee the band :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Raystorm wrote:Having just read this thread, I've gone and joined the TDOC this afternoon so that I can get the change to mee the band :D
You have to wait a month before you become an active member though

just Kidding 8)
Raystorm

Post by Raystorm »

You NASTY NASTY man you! :shock: :D
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

i have been lucky enough in my 29 years as a td fan to have met a few members of td past and present edgar is a very modest bloke both times that i met him [1986 and 1990 at sheffield hall]. chris franke [1986 ] did'nt really appear to have anything to say !! and paul haslinger [1986] was the joker of the bunch throwing signed band photos around the room!!. i met jerome in 1990 at sheffield city hall and he signed my progamme and commented that he really was enjoying the tour and thanked me for going !!. overall my meeting experiences with td members past and present are memories i will never forget. i hope london 08 becomes part of them :roll: :roll:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

:D
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Looking forward to meeting all the TDOC members @ the gig before & after & during .....time is getting close

Geoff :D :) 8) :lol: :wink: Geoff (Electrocelt)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:? :? :? :? :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Raystorm

Post by Raystorm »

Well, I is now a member of the TDOC, and i'm equally looking forward to meeting my fellow fans and having a tremendous night of music in Nov :D
24db

Post by 24db »

GAZZ wrote:i have been lucky enough in my 29 years as a td fan to have met a few members of td past and present edgar is a very modest bloke both times that i met him [1986 and 1990 at sheffield hall]. chris franke [1986 ] did'nt really appear to have anything to say !! and paul haslinger [1986] was the joker of the bunch throwing signed band photos around the room!!. i met jerome in 1990 at sheffield city hall and he signed my progamme and commented that he really was enjoying the tour and thanked me for going !!. overall my meeting experiences with td members past and present are memories i will never forget. i hope london 08 becomes part of them :roll: :roll:
Nice one Gazz, never met the Guv or Chris Franke before myself. The only members I've ever even said hello to are Jerome and Thorsten and both seem very down to earth and modest (especially Jerome, who looked shocked when I told him I thought his album Neptunes was the best album to come out in 2005 by anybody)
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote: (especially Jerome, who looked shocked when I told him I thought his album Neptunes was the best album to come out in 2005 by anybody)
And it was!

Already a classic 8)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

24db wrote:
GAZZ wrote:i have been lucky enough in my 29 years as a td fan to have met a few members of td past and present edgar is a very modest bloke both times that i met him [1986 and 1990 at sheffield hall]. chris franke [1986 ] did'nt really appear to have anything to say !! and paul haslinger [1986] was the joker of the bunch throwing signed band photos around the room!!. i met jerome in 1990 at sheffield city hall and he signed my progamme and commented that he really was enjoying the tour and thanked me for going !!. overall my meeting experiences with td members past and present are memories i will never forget. i hope london 08 becomes part of them :roll: :roll:
Nice one Gazz, never met the Guv or Chris Franke before myself. The only members I've ever even said hello to are Jerome and Thorsten and both seem very down to earth and modest (especially Jerome, who looked shocked when I told him I thought his album Neptunes was the best album to come out in 2005 by anybody)

gotta agree with you there "neptunes" is an awesome album in fact i think i'll give it a spin a bit later [not played it for ages ] :roll: :roll:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I doubt I'll ever get to meet Edgar and the band now, let alone all of you wonderful people, but if he should drop by this thread I'd like to say "Thanks for sharing your music with us and for changing my life through it..." if that makes any sense.

Short of asking him how the TD music making and recording/mixing process works these days (which would take him much time he doesn't have at these gatherings to answer), I'd just like to wish him well and ask if he'd ever consider going more "analogue" again in future albums...
24db

Post by 24db »

several updates about this from EB over on the TDOC interaction section
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

24db wrote:several updates about this from EB over on the TDOC interaction section
Good news! I reckon I'm going to have trouble getting my last train :shock: