Meeting TD at the Forum....

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Meeting TD at the Forum....

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

My apologies if this topic has already been covered......

My girlfriend was kind enough to treat me to a TDOC membership recently which I thought was very nice of her :lol:

I've always wanted to meet TD after all these years of being a fan and according to an email I just had from eastgate it looks very likely to happen on 01.11.08 (altho they did say it would be confirmed a coupla weeks before the gig).

A funny thought then occured to me.....what the heck would I say to them if I do meet them? especially to one Mr.Froese!!! Just what could you say to the person behind the best band ever to exist?

I guess a lot of you have already had the pleasure :?:

I imagine Iris, Linda and Bernard to be very friendly and Thorston to be...well, maybe a bit reserved/quiet perhaps? but what about Edgar? was he friendly? welcoming? knackered? interested in meeting his fans?
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I dont know as i've never met any of them but I expect Edgar would be friendly and knackered!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I found Edgar to be a genial character,intelligent,honest and down to earth and looks very good.Maybe if we had a session on the whisky he would have kicked my ass :wink: :P ,but rest assured he was a perfect gent 8) :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Edgar was a bit nervous when he met the bm at frankfurt gig :P :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Janus

Post by Janus »

bigmoog wrote:Edgar was a bit nervous when he met the bm at frankfurt gig :P :oops:
So was the customs and excise lady at the airport from what I recall BM :shock: :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Met Edgar at his Berlin Art Opening. Talked my ear off. Had a great interest in one of my "hobbies" and stated some very profound things that have since come true. Actually had to excuse myself and sneak away after a while. Seriously.

Flying home, I remember stating that meeting him was no doubt one of the highlights of my life and that I could then die (but only AFTER I landed). :-)
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Meeting Edgar would be an awesome tick in the box for me. Having had TD in my life for 25 years, I'd at least like to thank him for the great music.
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Beaubourg wrote:Met Edgar at his Berlin Art Opening. Talked my ear off. Had a great interest in one of my "hobbies" and stated some very profound things that have since come true. Actually had to excuse myself and sneak away after a while. Seriously.

Flying home, I remember stating that meeting him was no doubt one of the highlights of my life and that I could then die (but only AFTER I landed). :-)
Sounds great. Really. I myself would like to meet him. I guess he is a very normal down to earth person with a wide interest. You were lucky. Good for you.

TD really rocks!

MD
:D
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

wayfarer wrote:Meeting Edgar would be an awesome tick in the box for me. Having had TD in my life for 25 years, I'd at least like to thank him for the great music.
I agree from the heart ..
:wink: :!:

Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What are you guy’s talking about it. :?:

:!: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:What are you guy’s talking about it. :?:

Peter

We are talking about people getting the chance to meet Edgar after the London forum concert :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

epsilon75 wrote:

Peter

We are talking about people getting the chance to meet Edgar after the London forum concert :wink:
or before. :wink:
Chris Monk

Re: Meeting TD at the Forum....

Post by Chris Monk »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:A funny thought then occured to me.....what the heck would I say to them if I do meet them? especially to one Mr.Froese!!! Just what could you say to the person behind the best band ever to exist?
It's a thought that's crossed my mind numerous times. Haven't got a clue what I'd say. Got a nasty feeling I'd either be dumb-struck or sound like a complete babbling winner.

They say that you should never meet your heroes. I used to think that was because you might be disappointed, I now think it may be because you will totally humiliate and embarrass yourself.
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

I notice that you often have a special approach towards topics.

MD
:wink: :)

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Met him after the Frankfurt Gig very modest man i was very humbled
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache