coventry 1974 finaly on DVD

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote: According to Peter Baumann, the band filmed quite a lot of the Laserium sections of the 77 tour, the idea being they'd later write music to that footage (TD never liked the 'live' laser show, as they felt the laserist didn't have the same improvisation skills, or at least didn't know the band that well.
I'd imagine this was either 8 or 16mm stuff, as used in the 1992 video and DVD
I would be on cloud nine if a DVD could be compiled from these sections and the original music could be used or the T&Ls could be synchronized with the video for a better sound quality. Please suggest it to Edgar whenever you can for me..... Thanks :arrow:
I'd imagine that TD/Edgar has a huge amount of concert footage (Edgar is or was a keen cameraman). The only sticking point is contracts and the man who musn't be mentioned ;)....if he's featured then Edgar has no interest in it.

Personally, and I must apologise for mentioning it 'again' but I think the hollygrail of filmed footage is the actual recording of Rubycon being improvised at the Manor in 1975. I've seen a short 5 minute extract, but I hear more was done. I friend of mine met the enginner who used to work at the Manor and he said Rubycon was filmed for posterity, well I can wish can't I?

I dont even want to think of it :arrow: ive an uncontrolable urge :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I would be on cloud nine if a DVD could be compiled from these sections and the original music could be used or the T&Ls could be synchronized with the video for a better sound quality. Please suggest it to Edgar whenever you can for me..... Thanks :arrow:
I'd imagine that TD/Edgar has a huge amount of concert footage (Edgar is or was a keen cameraman). The only sticking point is contracts and the man who musn't be mentioned ;)....if he's featured then Edgar has no interest in it.

Personally, and I must apologise for mentioning it 'again' but I think the hollygrail of filmed footage is the actual recording of Rubycon being improvised at the Manor in 1975. I've seen a short 5 minute extract, but I hear more was done. I friend of mine met the enginner who used to work at the Manor and he said Rubycon was filmed for posterity, well I can wish can't I?

I dont even want to think of it :arrow: ive an uncontrolable urge :oops:
I seem to remember Edgar saying that 'several' TD recording sessions were filmed (Edgar even paid somebody to do it professionally). Which begs the question....which ones? hmmmm :)
Last edited by 24db on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

That's enough to get any decent TD fan going.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:That's enough to get any decent TD fan going.
Any behind the scenes stuff get's my vote, either that or some concert footage...old or new I'm not that fussy ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Any behind the scenes stuff get's my vote, either that or some concert footage...old or new I'm not that fussy ;)

any 70s stuff would be just fantastic :arrow: and im sure it would be a big seller 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

any 70s stuff would be just fantastic :arrow: and im sure it would be a big seller 8)
I agree, but...(and I wish I wasn't correct)...I don't think we'll ever see it
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Any behind the scenes stuff get's my vote, either that or some concert footage...old or new I'm not that fussy ;)

Come on Edgar, in the spirit of the 40th Anniversary celebrations, give the fans what they want!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Edgar, in the spirit of the 40th Anniversary celebrations, give the fans what they want!
You WANT bankruptcy!!!???
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:My copy arrived this morning. :D
I'm at home but not allowed to watch it until my chores are done. :cry:
I keep glancing at it longingly but the missus is having none of it.
Chores be damned Chris. I've watched mine and the washing up remains in the sink!
Finally got around to watching it and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of things now make sense. You can see why the original music hasn't been dubbed back on, the shots are clearly from various parts of the concert and may well be out of sequence.

Lots of nice shots of the equipment and, as Andy (24db) mentions elsewhere, it's amazing to see how many sequencers Peter Baumann has at his disposal.

So what we have here I suppose is an early music video for TD's Ricochet, complete with 70s video effects. Obviously I would have preferred a full concert video but, let's face it, you can't have what probably doesn't exist. So this is the next best thing and isn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds on paper.
ant

Post by ant »

Have ordered mine thru CD Services and am awaiting delivery. Why is it still not mentioned on the Voiceprint website if it is already out and where is the SBE 2005 DVD release??

I think voiceprint need to seriously get their act together!!
Biggus Dickus
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ant wrote:Have ordered mine thru CD Services and am awaiting delivery. Why is it still not mentioned on the Voiceprint website if it is already out and where is the SBE 2005 DVD release??

I'm beginning to think the SBE DVD is nothing but a figment of our collective imagination! :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
ant wrote:Have ordered mine thru CD Services and am awaiting delivery. Why is it still not mentioned on the Voiceprint website if it is already out and where is the SBE 2005 DVD release??

I'm beginning to think the SBE DVD is nothing but a figment of our collective imagination! :(

Echo! :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:My copy arrived this morning. :D
I'm at home but not allowed to watch it until my chores are done. :cry:
I keep glancing at it longingly but the missus is having none of it.
Chores be damned Chris. I've watched mine and the washing up remains in the sink!
Finally got around to watching it and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of things now make sense. You can see why the original music hasn't been dubbed back on, the shots are clearly from various parts of the concert and may well be out of sequence.

Lots of nice shots of the equipment and, as Andy (24db) mentions elsewhere, it's amazing to see how many sequencers Peter Baumann has at his disposal.

So what we have here I suppose is an early music video for TD's Ricochet, complete with 70s video effects. Obviously I would have preferred a full concert video but, let's face it, you can't have what probably doesn't exist. So this is the next best thing and isn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds on paper.
The more I watch it, the more I forget about the petty irritations. It's actually a very good quality slice, of a wonderful point in TD's history.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I must agree :arrow:
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

Bit disappointed with the DVD, only 27 minutes long and none of the music is live, it's just Ricochet being played against a backdrop film of TD playing Ricochet presumably, though none of the actions and the music matched. At times, I felt it would have been just as effective to stick my cassette player spinning and gaze through my kaleidoscope while playing Ricochet in the background, so little is the actual amount of live footage. Too much psychadelic stuff there, man!
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)