Hotels In Edinburgh

GAZZ
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by GAZZ »

ive got a reservation on platform 6 waiting room for first train back down to doncaster contemplated doing trip in car but i'm bolloxed then if i want a beer or 6 and i got ripped off last time i saw td in edinburgh for what was described as a hotel room so platform 6 is lookin good a 24 hr boozer would be even better
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

homeless wrote:Try this one

http://www.pirieshotel.com/

Just a few minutes (west of) Haymarket railway station.
It's in a quiet street.

A casual 15-20 mins walk to Lothian road.

Single 40 GBB
Double 50 GBP
Triple 60 GPB

Bookable on the internet

Hope it helps..
I thought the train station was called Waverly?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

GlynRichards wrote:
homeless wrote:Try this one

http://www.pirieshotel.com/

Just a few minutes (west of) Haymarket railway station.
It's in a quiet street.

A casual 15-20 mins walk to Lothian road.

Single 40 GBB
Double 50 GBP
Triple 60 GPB

Bookable on the internet

Hope it helps..
I thought the train station was called Waverly?
There ar two st5ations..Waverly & Haymarket.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Ahem!

You mean:

Railway stations

:lol:

homeless
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

In the past I've used hotelconnect.co.uk and found them to be quite good. AFAIK you will find a few hotels around the Lothian Rd for £60 per room. The Caledonian is just down the road from the Venue.

I've booked into the Express Holiday Inn but will miss Breakkie as my flight home is 7am :( I have to work on the Monday morning.

Mercury Rev in Belfast on the Tuesday though :D

Hope to be able to meet up with some fans as I haven't seen TD live since a London gig in the Early 80's
24db

Post by 24db »

zygote23 wrote:In the past I've used hotelconnect.co.uk and found them to be quite good. AFAIK you will find a few hotels around the Lothian Rd for £60 per room. The Caledonian is just down the road from the Venue.

I've booked into the Express Holiday Inn but will miss Breakkie as my flight home is 7am :( I have to work on the Monday morning.

Mercury Rev in Belfast on the Tuesday though :D

Hope to be able to meet up with some fans as I haven't seen TD live since a London gig in the Early 80's
thats gonna be some contrast mate!
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

Which is the contrast?
The Express Holiday Inn with The Caledonian
TD from the 80's with TD from the 00's
TD with Mercury Rev?

I'm bringing my Young Cousin who has just become turned on by Music and electronic music to be specific so it's great for me to point him in the direction of classics like Encore, Hyperborea, Ricochet, Atem and rubycon etc.

I'm sure the gig will be interesting and not in the slightest way comparable to the last time I saw them.......OMFG loud and crazy guitar from Edgar Froese....Hammersmith Odeon as far as I remember.
24db

Post by 24db »

zygote23 wrote:Which is the contrast?
The Express Holiday Inn with The Caledonian
TD from the 80's with TD from the 00's
TD with Mercury Rev?

I'm bringing my Young Cousin who has just become turned on by Music and electronic music to be specific so it's great for me to point him in the direction of classics like Encore, Hyperborea, Ricochet, Atem and rubycon etc.

I'm sure the gig will be interesting and not in the slightest way comparable to the last time I saw them.......OMFG loud and crazy guitar from Edgar Froese....Hammersmith Odeon as far as I remember.
yes I meant the contrast with TD in 1981 and 2008...oh and I was there, Hammersmith Odeon...row 5..right in front of their 6000 watt Bose PA system...ouch very very loud...scary in places
24db

Post by 24db »

I've finally found a hotel it's the ( ) looks good ;)
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

Premier Inn or Travelodges are always good but can be pretty expensive.
I have previously stayed at the one at Newhaven near Leith but alternatively there are dozens of hotels and B&Bs nearby.
Ode To Granny A