Views From A Red Train

homeless
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by homeless »

After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

commands the same praise as Yellow Rabbit.

Why did it take me so long to realise .. :oops:

Classic quality.

homeless
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

homeless wrote:After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

Classic quality.

homeless
I have been singing the praise of Fire on the Mountain since I first heard it. Easily one of the best tracks of the album in my opinion.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

rattymouse wrote:
homeless wrote:After several months of contemplation, Fire On The Mountian

Classic quality.

homeless
I have been singing the praise of Fire on the Mountain since I first heard it. Easily one of the best tracks of the album in my opinion.
Yeah....Fire on the Mountain is IMO the best track on the album.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A truly exhilerating album but it would be between "Carmel Calif" or "Leviathan" as a favorite. 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.
jacob

Post by jacob »

cantosis wrote:not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.
I tend to agree... next cupdisc will be a "j-cupdisc" 8)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

cantosis wrote:not grown on me as much as I would have liked, not a bad album but not great either INMHO. But Purple Dulival is a different story, really love that cupdisc.
My sentiments exactly. Red Train does have some good songs, but for overall listening enjoyment, I've been devoting most of my time to PD. (Can't wait for Autumn in Hiroshima.)
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

jacob wrote:
I tend to agree... next cupdisc will be a "j-cupdisc" 8)
Interest in Cupdiscs seems to be at an all time HIGH.
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

I like this album! It's got cojones, to be sure! Nice to hear Edgar kicking some arse on the guitar.
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
hansx

Post by hansx »

I didn't play it for weeks. After all it isn't that great as I in first instance thought. I like Anthology Decades more.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
and deserves its attention. It's difficult to compare Red Train with PD
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
It doesn't make any sense to me to compare them.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nero wrote:I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Edgar and Bernhard and so many good and complex compositions. Every track has something special
as they totally differ from each other. They are completely telling different stories.
I listen more often to Red Train, because I like the atmosphere and guitar work of this album.
Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
Nero wrote:I really love Views from a Red Train - it's an outstanding album with great guitar work from both
Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)

110 % agree - at present Views is my No.1 CD of 2008. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Totally agree. Not heard anything else that even comes close this year. Very good album, it's the album Rockoon should have been. I hope TD do more in this vein.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Red Train gets massive airplay in my household,a real top quality release that confims that Edgar,s composing is on fire at this moment in time 8)

Totally agree. Not heard anything else that even comes close this year. Very good album, it's the album Rockoon should have been. I hope TD do more in this vein.
Put on Views about half an hour ago and just had to come on here and say how much I LOVE this album. It really is something special. I think it has to be the best of the magnificent trio.

Tangerine Dream really are bloody brilliant :D