STREET HAWK

Street Hawk Dan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

STREET HAWK

Post by Street Hawk Dan »

Hey guys.

Long time fan of TD, just got around to logging in to this terrific site. :D
I have a question that I hope you guys might be able to help me with.

I am a huge fan of the US tv series, STREET HAWK.
You know of course that our very own Tangerine Dream did the music for this much maligned show.
I had heard that TD did 3.5 hours of incidental music for the show, but because it was prematurely axed, much of that was never heard.
A contact I have alleges (and this could be dead wrong) that Chris Franke HATED their work on the show and this is why a soundtrack was not released, and will never be.
I think it is possibly the only o.s.t score TD haven't released? Again, I apologise if this is not correct. I am sure there are officianados here who will put me right... :oops:

I just wondered if anyone knew anything? Has anyone seen any interviews with the group refering to Street Hawk. From personal interviews I've conducted with the series Producer, I understand the Executive Producers were considered as being very young and inexperienced. To put it mildly. I wondered if TD had fell afowl of them?

It's my understanding that TD were approached as there was a strike on in America at the time and they had to go to Europe for the music.

I'd really love to know the TRUTH - good, bad or indifferent.

I think they missed a trick with the soundtrack score I really do. Yes, Street Hawk was not as big a hit as Knight Rider or Airwolf, but it still has a cult following and was quite successful outside of the US.
Thankfully Le Parc, L.A Street Hawk has been released, but they did some outstanding scoring for the show which, in my opinion, has been some of the best stuff they've produced.
I find it mystifying that Franke would be so "cold" towards it. ????

Hoping you can help.

Regards,

Dan

www.streetrhawkonline,.com - the biggest resource for Street Hawk on the net.
24db

Post by 24db »

Dan

TD have 'many' unreleased soundtracks (the Keep, Forbidden, Red Heat, the Solider....and about 30 others...perhaps...if I had time I'd count them :D)..
From memory Streethhawk isn't mentioned much in the 1000's of pages of articles and interviews I have on the group...but I'll check for you and post anything I find

andy
Street Hawk Dan

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your prompt response. I know I should have kept my mouth shut there! LoL :) Yes, now you list them I can see they have not released a large amount. No o.s.t for The Keep? I thought there had been one? Must have been a bootleg. A HUGE loss there as The Keep was a very cool, haunting score. Good film too.

Anyone that can provide any information about the music for Street Hawk I'd love you to post. Any snippets of information gratefully accepted.

Cheers! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Street Hawk Dan wrote:Hi Andy.

Thanks for your prompt response. I know I should have kept my mouth shut there! LoL :) Yes, now you list them I can see they have not released a large amount. No o.s.t for The Keep? I thought there had been one? Must have been a bootleg. A HUGE loss there as The Keep was a very cool, haunting score. Good film too.

Anyone that can provide any information about the music for Street Hawk I'd love you to post. Any snippets of information gratefully accepted.

Cheers! :D
No problem Dan

I just nicked this list from IMDB:

Memphis PD: War on the Streets (1996) (TV) (as Tangerine Dream)
The Switch (1993) (TV) (as Tangerine Dream)
Rainbow Drive (1990) (TV) (as Tangerine Dream)
Red Nights (1988) (V) (as Tangerine Dream)
Tonight's the Night (1987) (TV) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka The Game of Love
Diamond Ninja Force (1986) (from films "Le Parc" and "Thief") (uncredited)
City of Shadows (1986) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Nightmare City (UK: video title)
Fright Night (1985) (uncredited)
Red Heat (1985) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Red Heat - Unschuld hinter Gittern (West Germany)
Vision Quest (1985) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Crazy for You (Philippines: English title)
"Street Hawk" (1985) TV Series (as Tangerine Dream)
Forbidden (1984) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Forbidden (USA)
... aka Versteckt (West Germany)
The Keep (1983) (as Tangerine Dream)
Spasms (1983) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Death Bite
Brandmale (1983)
Identificazione di una donna (1982) (from "Tangram" and "Ricochet")
... aka Identification d'une femme (France)
... aka Identification of a Woman (USA)
Rainer Werner Fassbinder - Letzte Arbeiten (1982) (TV)
The Soldier (1982) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Codename: The Soldier
Strange Behavior (1981) (as Tangerine Dream)
... aka Dead Kids (USA: video title)
... aka Human Experiments (UK: reissue title)
... aka Small Town Massacre
Solomon's Nightmare: A Study in Gray (1981)
Daniel (1980) (TV)
Take It to the Limit (1980) (as Tangerine Dream)
Game Over (1978) (as Tangerine Dream)
Kneuss (1978) (as Tangerine Dream)
Geradeaus bis zum Morgen (1972) (as Tangerine Dream)
Auf Scheißer schießt man nicht (1969)
Meteor, Der (1968) (TV) (uncredited)

add some TV stuff as well.

TD have releasesd a 'remixed' version of the Keep (most of the music doesn't appear in the film), but only in small quantities at gigs, it was planned to release it officially in the shops but Sony pulled the plug on it (A magazine even did a review of it). Various Bootleg versions have appeared, roughly 9 zillion the last tme I checked ;)

I'll post as much as I can find, but I doubt whether it'll add much to what you know.

andy
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw I forgot to mention, one track from the Keep appears (again in a remixed form) on the New album TD Plays TD
Street Hawk Dan

Wow, that's some list! Appreciate the info. Very interesting indeed.
No pressure, but I'd be ever so grateful if you do manage to find anything re. Street Hawk.

Do TD support this site or answer questions? I just wondered if they could be asked, or if anyone had an email contact for Chris Franke.

I'm unsure as well who holds the rights for the music to Street Hawk? Universal or Franke? I had heard (rather unusually) that he owned the music, lock stock and barrel. Other that Universal has it and possibly they brought it for some meagre fee, thus explaining why TD felt so embarrassed by the project?????

So much rumour, it is quite hard frankly to find the truth. Ah well ... :x
24db

Post by 24db »

Street Hawk Dan wrote:Wow, that's some list! Appreciate the info. Very interesting indeed.
No pressure, but I'd be ever so grateful if you do manage to find anything re. Street Hawk.

Do TD support this site or answer questions? I just wondered if they could be asked, or if anyone had an email contact for Chris Franke I'm unsure as well who holds the rights for the music to Street Hawk? Universal or Franke? I had heard (rather unusually) that he owned the music, lock stock and barrel. Other that Universal has it and possibly they brought it for some meagre fee, thus explaining why TD felt so embarrassed by the project?????

So much rumour, it is quite hard frankly to find the truth. Ah well ... :x
Ah contracts...Edgar loves them ;)
Well TD support this site, but they don't get into personal conversations (very often) as far as I know. I'd be very surprised if Edgar or Chris responded to any emails, but it's always worth a try, (if Chris does have the rights, then I'd advise you not to mention it to Edgar as it would go down like a lead balloon).

One of the few things I've read about Streethawk, said the band really wanted to release it as they felt there were several albums worth of material, but the studios prevented them. How they laughed when their management told them they had turned down Miami Vice, as they were busy with Streethawk :)
Street Hawk Dan

Ah yes, the Miami Vice gig! Their dark, industrial sound would have suited Miami Vice well, but hindsight is a wonderful thing ... :D

Thanks for the info. The very idea of Universal Studios preventing them from releasing a s.t album certainly sounds right from what I've heard about Universal. They have been dragging their heels with a DVD release for years. And not just for Street Hawk, but other popular shows. They have a bizarre business / customer service policy.

For them to stop TD possibly means the studios own the music then? All very interesting. I take your note not put my foot in it with Mr Froese should I have success in contacting him, btw. Thanks for the warning! LoL

Thanks for your valued input here Andy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Such a sexy soundtrack :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Why did they not take Miami Vice? saying that, they were just to special :D
Street Hawk Dan

Epsilon. They were too busy with Street Hawk, it's that simple.
You make your choices and you hope for the best...
Street Hawk was very much dubbed as the "Knight Rider" on two wheels. KR was HUGE, so they probably thought Street Hawk would be too.
It never worked out that way.
Whilst the series was actually quite sound, script and acting wise, it was too little, too late, and bad management decisions meant the show never got a chance.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Street Hawk Dan wrote:Epsilon. They were too busy with Street Hawk, it's that simple.
You make your choice and you hope for the best...
Street Hawk was very much dubbed as the "Knight Rider" on two wheels. KR was HUGE, so they probably though Street Hawk would be too. It never worked out that way. Whilst the series was actually quite sound, it was too little too soon and bad management decisions meant the show never got a chance.

You are totally spot on my friend,and i appreciate being put in my place.

All the best and a Happy New Year......................Colin xxx
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Street Hawk Dan wrote:Epsilon. They were too busy with Street Hawk, it's that simple.
You make your choice and you hope for the best...
Street Hawk was very much dubbed as the "Knight Rider" on two wheels. KR was HUGE, so they probably though Street Hawk would be too. It never worked out that way. Whilst the series was actually quite sound, it was too little too soon and bad management decisions meant the show never got a chance.

You are totally spot on my friend,and i appreciate being put in my place.

All the best and a Happy New Year......................Colin xxx
TD actually said that their management turned Michael Mann down, saying they were too busy on Streethawk, without informing the band...they weren't impressed, although in the long run they felt that a very long running TV series might have been a millstone
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You are the KING by name and KING by nature..................Long Live Edgar the KING :wink:
Street Hawk Dan

Thank you, and Happy New Year yourself Colin! Also to Andy, and the other TD board members! 8)