Derby, 14th November 1980

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Derby, 14th November 1980

Post by jacob »

I found this ticket stub on eBay. Now it seems that TD played in Derby the 14th November. I wonder if the concert the 6th November - also in Derby - did not not take place (and the audience recording was falsely dated, or recorded elsewhere.)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Beaubourg

Re: Derby, 14th November 1980

Post by Beaubourg »

jacob wrote:Image

I found this ticket stub on eBay. Now it seems that TD played in Derby the 14th November. I wonder if the concert the 6th November - also in Derby - did not not take place (and the audience recording was falsely dated, or recorded elsewhere.)
The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Of course there's always the chance that the band knew in advance that they weren't going to be able to perform on the 14th and chose the open date of the 6th to re-book (and they simply honored all the tix from the 14th)...
jacob

Post by jacob »

Beaubourg wrote:The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.).
Of course there's always the chance that the band knew in advance that they weren't going to be able to perform on the 14th and chose the open date of the 6th to re-book (and they simply honored all the tix from the 14th)...
I just checked the 1980 tour poster Andy sent, and you are right about the date. I also think your 6th November theory is spot on. :)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.).
I just checked the 1980 tour poster Andy sent, and you are right about the date. I also think your 6th November theory is spot on. :)
if you check tour dates, against tickets and new items you'd double the amount of concerts TD have played over the years. ALL of the existing lists of TD concert dates still have many errors