Views From A Red Train

Michael66
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Michael66 »

The tracks on Views are not bad in my opinion, but... they're like "songs" somehow. Not much risk-taking involved.

After "One Times One" with its skillfully woven moods and unusual atmospheres I had expected something in a similar vein, maybe even more daring and experimental. We got that (in a way) with the Purple Diluvial disc. That's great, but we're talking about TD here, the sound innovators with 40 years of history: The cutting-edge material should be upfront and boldly on the new regular studio album, because it surely gets a wider distribution than a disk in a cardboard sleeve.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Been listening to this over the weekend at times of low mood,what a truly wonderful uplifting experience it was.....its a wonderful album 8) :D
Yep. It's (yet another) real grower. I'm really enjoying the quieter tracks now, especially Passing All Signs. Not sure I would have put it between two behemoths like Carmel Calif and Leviathan though.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Been listening to this over the weekend at times of low mood,what a truly wonderful uplifting experience it was.....its a wonderful album 8) :D
Yep. It's (yet another) real grower. I'm really enjoying the quieter tracks now, especially Passing All Signs. Not sure I would have put it between two behemoths like Carmel Calif and Leviathan though.
The mix of "One Night In Space" is a peach to IMHO 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Its just a realy cool TD release IMO 8) 8) 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Its just a realy cool TD release IMO 8) 8) 8)
I'd have to say that it was pure solid Gold. :wink:

.....that's for all the tadream folks out there.
biily-whizz

Post by biily-whizz »

well this album does grow on you, even the quite tracks , but just to put the cat among the pigeons, i think some of the album sounds like parts of Steve Hillage Green album :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

biily-whizz wrote:well this album does grow on you, even the quite tracks , but just to put the cat among the pigeons, i think some of the album sounds like parts of Steve Hillage Green album :lol:
...and what's wrong with sounding a bit like Steve Hillage? :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
biily-whizz wrote:well this album does grow on you, even the quite tracks , but just to put the cat among the pigeons, i think some of the album sounds like parts of Steve Hillage Green album :lol:
...and what's wrong with sounding a bit like Steve Hillage? :wink:
Steve Hillage is a legend,sheer class IMHO 8) there are talks of him getting his band back together,i for one will be there to see it :D

Awesome http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=24NQR8gRqXY
biily-whizz

Post by biily-whizz »

nothing wrong with Steve Hillage seen him at various concerts in the 80s i believe he is part of System 7 :?:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

biily-whizz wrote:nothing wrong with Steve Hillage seen him at various concerts in the 80s i believe he is part of System 7 :?:
Very True BW......him and his lady Miquette Giraudy have run System 7 since 1991 and still going strong,their newest album "Phoenix" just released.
Pretty awesome live as was Steve in his heyday 8) 8)
redziller

Post by redziller »

Finally listening to this the whole way through without skipping over more familiar tracks

Bloody marvelous - I've now come to rate this the highest of the 3 latest releases.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Nero

Post by Nero »

redziller wrote:Finally listening to this the whole way through without skipping over more familiar tracks

Bloody marvelous - I've now come to rate this the highest of the 3 latest releases.
It's the same with me redziller! Red Train has a very high quality, great sounds and marvelous compositions - I can't get enough! It's indeed the best release of the last three. Red Train is very powerfull!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

its certain, that V_F_A_R_T is quite addictive, seeing as its a variable collection rather than a piece, its certainly grown on the BM in a big way....its been re evaluated using my new rating system, where Z is 33.3rpm, VFT is 200-500 rpm :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

For me Views has two or three great tracks but the rest not that great(INMHO). I much prefer Purple Diluvial which is a corker. In Fact I might have prefered Views more if it had been scaled down and served with another cup of coffee, In Other words been a cup disc release.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:For me Views has two or three great tracks but the rest not that great(INMHO). I much prefer Purple Diluvial which is a corker. In Fact I might have prefered Views more if it had been scaled down and served with another cup of coffee, In Other words been a cup disc release.

PD is a superb Espresso......the instant whack of delight

VeeFRT is more a smooth Latte..creamy and smoooooooooooooth
...The wise.....are silent.....