the magic of Sorcerer....or not ;)

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:They could release the lefovers and earn some good cash themselves :idea:
I guess movie soundtracks are the worse case of contracts that you could imagine, not only would TD have to clear it with the film company, but they'd have to clear it with MCA/Virgin as well and then get clearance or at least 'pay' the old members of the group. I doubt whether Edgar is interested in doing that, and dealing with people he's had 'problems' with in the past.
If it was me, I'd do it for the fans! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well I must agree mate, but it's Edgar's show, why spend a year or so with lawyers when you can be making new music and touring? In an ideal world they'd release 'everything' we ever dreamed of, but as we know it isn't an ideal world....far from it in fact. However we can still hope that one day these recordings will see the light of day (although gawd knows what state they'll be in by then)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: I guess movie soundtracks are the worse case of contracts that you could imagine, not only would TD have to clear it with the film company, but they'd have to clear it with MCA/Virgin as well and then get clearance or at least 'pay' the old members of the group. I doubt whether Edgar is interested in doing that, and dealing with people he's had 'problems' with in the past.
If it was me, I'd do it for the fans! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well I must agree mate, but it's Edgar's show, why spend a year or so with lawyers when you can be making new music and touring? In an ideal world they'd release 'everything' we ever dreamed of, but as we know it isn't an ideal world....far from it in fact. However we can still hope that one day these recordings will see the light of day (although gawd knows what state they'll be in by then)
Or what state I'll be in!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
redziller

Post by redziller »

Back on The Journey - apologies if this has been done before (so many fora so little time) - do we think leParc.GaudiParc is Son of The Journey? The melody's not the same bug has similar wistfulness and the chords have the same - not sure what to call it - it's not the same style but while not irregular they're not simply on the down beat almost becoming counter melody.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:Back on The Journey - apologies if this has been done before (so many fora so little time) - do we think leParc.GaudiParc is Son of The Journey? The melody's not the same bug has similar wistfulness and the chords have the same - not sure what to call it - it's not the same style but while not irregular they're not simply on the down beat almost becoming counter melody.
Never compared them. Might give this a go later.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Brilliant album, menacing and other-wordly. I've never got around to seeing the film, shame on me! Really should track down the R1 DVD.

Maybe we should tackle Friedkin about the whereabouts of that 90 minute tape! Maybe he left it in the jungle in the Dominican Republic. Anyone fancy a trip?

Trivia time (nerds only!!)...it's interesting how the word 'soundtrack' has changed. Traditionally (and to be technically correct) it means every sound heard in the film (dialogue, FX, foley, music, etc), i.e. the sound track. It's also changed from two words to one (sound track to soundtrack). Traditionally, the music was referred to as the 'score', but nowadays we call it the 'soundtrack', simply through the way people have used the word colloquially. (nerd mode off)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

exit81 wrote:Trivia time (nerds only!!)...it's interesting how the word 'soundtrack' has changed. Traditionally (and to be technically correct) it means every sound heard in the film (dialogue, FX, foley, music, etc), i.e. the sound track. It's also changed from two words to one (sound track to soundtrack). Traditionally, the music was referred to as the 'score', but nowadays we call it the 'soundtrack', simply through the way people have used the word colloquially. (nerd mode off)
That's a good point. I never could understand why the film score is called a "soundtrack." It really doesn't make any sense. And besides, the music released on the album is rarely taken from the film's optical tracks (like has been done for a few TD soundtracks), but is actually the source music for the film. Often times, the mixes on the OST are entirely different than how it sounds in the film. So it's anything but a soundtrack. Of course, nowadays, Hollywood films (spit!) don't even use a film score, they just select several pop songs to use, to ensure higher sales of the so-called "Soundtrack album." So who knows what we should be calling that, as it's neither one thing nor the other.