Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote: :? :? :? where did you see that chris?
It's FAQ #1 on this website:

#1 Any chance in considering a TD sound without electronics?

What is normally called music has nothing to do with electronics in the first place. Music is what a composer and/or musician wants to say or portray in terms of sound and a structured pattern. The second step is to find the shortest and most effective way to express yourself. Unfortunately, as they don’t have a formal education, pop musicians often use electronics to conceal their lack of knowledge about making music. They can’t express themselves any other way. In the first years of my “electronic career” in the early seventies, I had to try very hard to transform my “biochemistry” into sound by turning knobs and shifting faders. Both my solo stuff and my contribution to Tangerine Dream would naturally sound completely different with acoustics, but the spirit behind it would be the same. One day in the near future there will be an unplugged studio recording by TD on the market.

Check out the last line!
24db

Post by 24db »

One day ;)...here's hoping
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:We haven't even showed you the special handshake ;)

Why do fans get these daft 'die-hard' labels? I don't think anybody is 'more of a fan' than anybody else, well, I should add Colin might be, but he'd deny it, and be all modest (that and slap me in april!)
No way id class myself as a diehard..............For one i aint got the money to travel(but id go to every gig if i could) and i hate flying :oops:
Andy does not like the Die-hard label but i would say he is one of the most influential TD fans i know,its guys like him who work hard at their websites that bring in the NEW fans.... There are die-hards out there and i got the upmost respect for everyone of them,as i have for the casual fan.

The goal must always be to attract new fans to the world of TD,there's millions of people out there who have never heard the words Tangerine Dream or never heard a note they have played,but im sure given the chance many would be bowled over by the music.............

I will admit one thing however,im totally crazy about TD and their music,it is something that is within me and is hard to explain............the thrill of a live TD show just takes me to another level of excitement,i just love the geezers 8) and gorgeous ladies :wink: :arrow:
Cheers chap, however I'm not and never will be 'more' of a fan than somebody who loves one album. Being a fan of 'music' has never been judged by shelf length or the fact that you can quote catalogue numbers by heart....it's about enjoyment, as simple as that.
Btw I doubt whether my websites or blog have brought a single person to TD, there's only one thing that will do that and that's the music itself.

I can say one thing about Colin, and that's he's the most enthusiastic fan I know, he (for me) expresses all the best things about enjoying music, listen to what you love, get pleasure from it and be tollerent with people with different tastes.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:We haven't even showed you the special handshake ;)

Why do fans get these daft 'die-hard' labels? I don't think anybody is 'more of a fan' than anybody else, well, I should add Colin might be, but he'd deny it, and be all modest (that and slap me in april!)
er........ haven't you just contradicted yourself? :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

good job you're noticing these things
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:good job you're noticing these things
It is good to correct those who like to correct me. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
thank you, please continue
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
thank you, please continue
:roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: :? :? :? where did you see that chris?
It's FAQ #1 on this website:

#1 Any chance in considering a TD sound without electronics?

What is normally called music has nothing to do with electronics in the first place. Music is what a composer and/or musician wants to say or portray in terms of sound and a structured pattern. The second step is to find the shortest and most effective way to express yourself. Unfortunately, as they don’t have a formal education, pop musicians often use electronics to conceal their lack of knowledge about making music. They can’t express themselves any other way. In the first years of my “electronic career” in the early seventies, I had to try very hard to transform my “biochemistry” into sound by turning knobs and shifting faders. Both my solo stuff and my contribution to Tangerine Dream would naturally sound completely different with acoustics, but the spirit behind it would be the same. One day in the near future there will be an unplugged studio recording by TD on the market.

Check out the last line!

Thanks for that Chris,i had not noticed :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

im listening to td plays td rite now as me types

and it gets a bigmoog fat 10 from bm: its a goody, measured, powerful and sincere, the music is pretty damn cool....especially played l o u d.

thank eff for EF and them :arrow: :D

a great way to introduce someone not into td into teedee
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:

thank eff for EF and them :arrow: :D

The TD Crusaders doth say long liveth King Edgar of Eastgate Studio's Vienna :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:arrow: A EFIN MEN TO THAT :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
MrCox wrote:But two tracks on it (Pergamon Sphere and Alchemy Of The Heart II) made me think about another idea that could be quite fascinating: What would you think about some kind of "TD unplugged" album with familiar compositions in an acoustic arrangement? Such an album also could attract people who didn't like TD in the past because they dislike electronic music in general (however you define that term) and therefore simply missed many fantastic compositions. Some pieces surely would sound marvellous on grand piano or as acoustic or electric guitar solos, with acoustic percussion or flutes and horns. And with the orchestra arrangements on Paradiso TD are not too far away from that idea anymore. :wink:
Good news, a TD unplugged CD has already been announced and apparently should be with us soon.
Like that idea. Always said that. TD on piano. GREAT...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Had another listen to TD plays TD this morning. A good compilation IMO. I like the way the order of the tracks on the album. Sometimes the order of the tracks can make an average album better.IMO.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

sparrow wrote:Sometimes the order of the tracks can make an average album better.IMO.
That's a good point. I had the same idea as I was listening to the "Ambient Highway" CDs for the first few times. Not every track is great on this collection, but considering the order of the tracks on these CDs, each and every one of them is an excellent album. New compositions mixed with Froese's solo classics and the pieces from "Tangents" and "Beyond The Storm", compiled to 11 tracks and around 60 minutes playing time on each album.
The way the pieces are compiled makes every "Ambient Highway" CD a delight to listen to. And I agree, the same can be said about "TD plays TD". :D