Views From A Red Train

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Views From A Red Train

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Info
'Views From A Red Train' is the new studio album by Tangerine Dream. Two tracks from the album have already made their first public appearance during the Frankfurt gig last year. The CD contains 9 tracks of very pulsating and energy driving material. Maybe the most rocktype oriented recording TD ever did. The fans who just love the EM ambient background stuff should maybe safe their money on this one. Fair advise – but if you’re willing to do the test of expanding your tolerance, you’re always welcome.

It's now sure: Views from a red train is a TD album and not a EF album.
It's a good new to have a studio version from Nutshell Awakening, a very good track with guitar.
I love the ambient highway but too the rock highway with TD.I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I thought that Edgar made his own solo album but why he changes his mind. :?:

:!: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'm a big fan of Rock music so Views from a Red Train sounds right up my street. I guess (hope) that Bernhard Biebl's talents will be on display. Little disappointed that there isn't a studio version of Carmel Calif on the album but I can live with that.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Chris Monk wrote:Little disappointed that there isn't a studio version of Carmel Calif on the album but I can live with that.
Pheew! We don't want people go and die! :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Pertou wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Little disappointed that there isn't a studio version of Carmel Calif on the album but I can live with that.
Pheew! We don't want people go and die! :wink:
It must drive EF up the wall, no matter how much he does, the fans still want more. :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I must say I am really looking forward to this one if that description is anything to go by. Sounds right up my street.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

With Jerome gone and question marks about Thorsten's studio/compositional involvement, it's hard to tell the difference now between TD and Edgar's solo work. But as long as it's good music, I really don't care whose name it's released under! Nagasaki is Edgar's work released under TD's name and it's one of his/their best albums in recent memory, so it really doesn't make much difference. Quite how the man keeps up his prolific work schedule at his age is remarkable.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The KING will NOT disappoint,have faith in Edgar the KING :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

exit81 wrote:With Jerome gone and question marks about Thorsten's studio/compositional involvement, it's hard to tell the difference now between TD and Edgar's solo work. But as long as it's good music, I really don't care whose name it's released under! Nagasaki is Edgar's work released under TD's name and it's one of his/their best albums in recent memory, so it really doesn't make much difference. Quite how the man keeps up his prolific work schedule at his age is remarkable.

Probably Herbal Tea, Early nights (apart from gig nights) and the love/support of a good woman !!! :shock:

I must admit i'm a bit confused about the EF/TD divide but as with the soundtrack Zoning it was all done by EF.

It will be interesting to see the difference between Armageddon in the Rose garden Part I and Part II
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i wonder if the version of One Night In Space on View From a Red Train will have Bernhards magic solo over as in the Alte Oper dvd or is it the same version as the limited ep from the same night.
Whatever i am really looking forward to 'Views..' and the new cupdisc. . . . And not wishing my life away but Autumn In Hiroshima? Cant wait!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yep. The line between Edgar's solo work and TD's output has certainly been blurred over the last few years but who cares really, as long as the music is as good as it has been.

I suspect that Views from a Red Train was an Edgar solo project that has had input from the other members of the band. Can't say what that input is because, like the rest of you, I haven't heard it yet but I'm guessing there may well be some guitar from Mr Biebl. Which is fine by me. :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:Yep. The line between Edgar's solo work and TD's output has certainly been blurred over the last few years but who cares really, as long as the music is as good as it has been.

I suspect that Views from a Red Train was an Edgar solo project that has had input from the other members of the band. Can't say what that input is because, like the rest of you, I haven't heard it yet but I'm guessing there may well be some guitar from Mr Biebl. Which is fine by me. :wink:

Yes but it would be nic to have some of Edgars distinctive playing on there as well 8)
timer

Post by timer »

I hope VFART is as 'different' as MFD was a year ago ! should be a good topical posting point when we get to hear it !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D

Im afraid all this speculation on the new releases is generally pointless until we 'all' have carefully listened to the music, then we can discuss the recordings in a sensible, measured, non histerical way. And post our sensible, measured and non hysterical reviews on the inevitable superb music which is really rather spiffing and extremely wonderful and stunningly enjoyable and immense.

|big|notgettingintoadiscussionuntilpost14thapril|moog

:idea: :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I don't know whats TD and whats Edgar's solo stuff any more, don't care either. There has been some cracking stuff recently.

Maybe because 70% of the TD released stuff nowadays is Edgar alone, he jusr decided to put the TD banner on VFRT!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!