Notification for US fans?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I would never have conquered that flying fear if it were not for TD,it speaks volumes of what the music means to me that i could conquer such a massive fear to travel overseas to see them...if i had not gone to the Tempodrom i would probably never have gone up in a plane in my lifetime.
May the power of Froese be with you :wink:
I've got to admit I might not have got a passport if it hadn't been for TD...that's a bit sad really ;)
Nothing sad about that mate,your love of the music pushed you on and that speaks volumes for what the band means to us as fans.
No, I agree mate, kinda sad it took so long though
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Are the record sales really that slim over here that makes coming to say, NY and LA so unattractive? I gotta believe that they should be able to sell out a few reasonable sized venues across the country to make it worthwhile. I'd even offer to take them to dinner if that would help :D

So, i guess the answer to my original question is 'no, there isn't any email notification system when a future show might be set up'. Ok. I will just rely on the forum and Ticket Monster to keep me in the loop.

Thanks.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I wanted go see Tangerine Dream concert play in Denver, Colorado but it’s already too late for that. :(

:!: :arrow:
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

A single appearance in the US gets my thumbs-up! Even a Canadian date would be good for me.

-David Ryle
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

stevo4 wrote:Are the record sales really that slim over here that makes coming to say, NY and LA so unattractive? I gotta believe that they should be able to sell out a few reasonable sized venues across the country to make it worthwhile. I'd even offer to take them to dinner if that would help :D

So, i guess the answer to my original question is 'no, there isn't any email notification system when a future show might be set up'. Ok. I will just rely on the forum and Ticket Monster to keep me in the loop.

Thanks.
I guess you have to look at the current situation. With the departure of Jerome, there is no "static" base to the band, other than Edgar. Thorsten has his own projects (PPM) and the others are "long time guests". I suspect also, that current studio projects are making any major tour impossible. Concerts are therefore "one off specials", simply because of the aforementioned constraints. :arrow:
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

What else is annoying and pathetic is that Ticketmaster (the monopoly for ticket sales in the US) has an alert feature for artists. When they list a show that will be in your area, you get an email alert. But Ticket Master won't even accept TD or EF because its not in their system. Not that they aren't touring but as if they don't even exist.

How Sad.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:I would never have conquered that flying fear if it were not for TD,it speaks volumes of what the music means to me that i could conquer such a massive fear to travel overseas to see them...if i had not gone to the Tempodrom i would probably never have gone up in a plane in my lifetime.
May the power of Froese be with you :wink:
Wow...someone who hates flying more than me. didnt think that was possible.
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

prophetfive wrote:I guess you have to look at the current situation. With the departure of Jerome, there is no "static" base to the band, other than Edgar. Thorsten has his own projects (PPM) and the others are "long time guests". I suspect also, that current studio projects are making any major tour impossible. Concerts are therefore "one off specials", simply because of the aforementioned constraints. :arrow:
That and the demise of the major labels supporting large international tours. The music promotion industry is rather raw in the USA and I am glad EF & Co got it together back in the day and took the bull by the horns to keep on making music. It is a rare traet to see DIY acts like this survive on pure tenacity and grit. I bristle everytime I read someone whine about having to buy a compilation CD just to get a new tune. How on Earth do we think they are going to be able to market the band otherwise? I'm just glad to see EF still going at it. What a shame if he wasn't.

Nobody is making big bucks in the music biz anymore and to be able to still go out to see a genious musician actually perform his original stuff can't be beat even if it is in a scaled-down venue. Beats the not good out of clubbing and listening to remix.

-David
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

David, I think you have some excellent points.

Note to myself: Buy more TD albums...even if I already have them
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:David, I think you have some excellent points.

Note to myself: Buy more TD albums...even if I already have them
I've already started doing that...I don't mind all the compilations as I like them and usually there is a good selection on there. An unreleased track is a bonus.
dalekay

Re: Notification for US fans?

Post by dalekay »

24db wrote:according to somebody who met Thorsten at NAMM this year, there was a rumour of an American tour this year (stop me if you've heard this before)...just a rumour until it happens though
Yep, that would be me. But since then, no word, no peep other than a myspace message from the offical Group. Pretty much said, keep a eye on the web site.

exact copy of myspace message
**** copy begins
Hi Dale,

Thanks for your nice message! Hope you had a good time at the NAMM.
Yes, we try everything to come to the USA this autumn and will keep you informed on our website as soon as dates become more precise.

We appreciate being an inspirational source for you. Thanks for being our friend.

See you soon!:-)

Kind regards,
TANGERINE DREAM
**** copy ends

btw Thorsten
a very fine gentleman, very nice, well spoken
I would say, above average musician, like I need to say that already huh?
very impressed I was with his manners

ok guys, ladies too, time for me to get back to my studio and work there, just checking out the forum, seeing if any cool things are going on here, new concert dates and so on, sad I am I am not seeing any US dates.

someone, please keep me in the loop if dates come up

dale

Inquisitor Betrayer
CD "Space Elevator" Get it at http://cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
http://www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , http://www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer ,
http://www.musicforte.com/member/ib_staff
Apple iTunes http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =200365877
timer

Post by timer »

Welcome to the Forum Dale 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum Dale,good to see you here :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I am fortunate living in the UK and being able to attend gigs both here and in Europe.

I do feel for our American friends but it must be difficult for TD to tour there as the costs must be astronomical to have to undertake
Especially if the Fanbase in the States is relatively small
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
dalekay

Post by dalekay »

So who here is going to see them this November in LA?

dale