TD 2007

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD 2007

Post by timer »

When are we likely to be seeing details of forthcoming 40th celebrations?

Since SBE 2005 we have been waiting patiently! (couldn't make the Tempo gig unfortunately - but it has been a ambition to see TD on 'home soil').

Looking forward to future announcements.
epsilon75

Re: TD 2007

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:When are we likely to be seeing details of forthcoming 40th celebrations?

Since SBE 2005 we have been waiting patiently! (couldn't make the Tempo gig unfortunately - but it has been a ambition to see TD on 'home soil').

Im very much hoping we get a London bash early in the new year.......pre concert meet ups are very enjoyable and of course plenty of Ale involved :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Re: TD 2007

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:When are we likely to be seeing details of forthcoming 40th celebrations?

Im very much hoping we get a London bash early in the new year.......pre concert meet ups are very enjoyable and of course plenty of Ale involved :P
Got to agree, plus 'fingers crossed' a few other UK dates. I just hope that Jerome's 'choice' doesn't put the tour back or on hold (although I wouldn't for a second criticise the bloke for choosing his career path).
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Heartily looking forward to seeing TD again. Whilst a London gig is favourite for me, I'm hoping to make other UK dates, as and when they are announced. Also, IIRC, Ireland and Finland were mentioned as well, plus I would love to see TD in their homeland. I'm hoping to make up for a lot of missed gigs, this year! :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

If TD play in Europe/UK in 2007, I'm sure the usual suspects will be there, including myself. Looking forward to an announcement of concert dates soon....can't wait!!
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:If TD play in Europe/UK in 2007, I'm sure the usual suspects will be there, including myself. Looking forward to an announcement of concert dates soon....can't wait!!
We, as in 'TD fans' should arrange a BIG TD meeting prior to a gig, I've always had a crazy idea that we could do a kind of 2 or 3 hour thing, something along the lines that Kraftwerk fans did in Blackpool? in 1996 (it was covered in Sound on Sound).

Other than that....see you 'there' :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
exit81 wrote:If TD play in Europe/UK in 2007, I'm sure the usual suspects will be there, including myself. Looking forward to an announcement of concert dates soon....can't wait!!
We, as in 'TD fans' should arrange a BIG TD meeting prior to a gig, I've always had a crazy idea that we could do a kind of 2 or 3 hour thing, something along the lines that Kraftwerk fans did in Blackpool? in 1996 (it was covered in Sound on Sound).

Brilliant in principle. However, if alcohol is involved, I would probably miss the gig! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

Brilliant in principle. However, if alcohol is involved, I would probably miss the gig! :wink:
Well the idea was to do either 'or' both...ie a fan meeting, Q&A session (light hearted...not po-faced :D), perhaps I'd bring along a few kilos of articles, a chat, some beers...and some other stuff. Judging by the zero feedback I had on other sites I'd say it would be a non-starter as a stand alone 'TD-day' type thing, but as part of a TD meetup on the afternoon of a TD gig/s I would have thought we could have organised 'something'
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: We, as in 'TD fans' should arrange a BIG TD meeting prior to a gig, I've always had a crazy idea that we could do a kind of 2 or 3 hour thing, something along the lines that Kraftwerk fans did in Blackpool? in 1996 (it was covered in Sound on Sound).

Well the idea was to do either 'or' both...ie a fan meeting, Q&A session (light hearted...not po-faced :D), perhaps I'd bring along a few kilos of articles, a chat, some beers...and some other stuff. Judging by the zero feedback I had on other sites I'd say it would be a non-starter as a stand alone 'TD-day' type thing, but as part of a TD meetup on the afternoon of a TD gig/s I would have thought we could have organised 'something'
I don't need an excuse to chat about TD and quaff ale, but I do need a pass from Mrs. Hobo. You can tentatively, count me in.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Brilliant in principle. However, if alcohol is involved, I would probably miss the gig! :wink:
I don't need an excuse to chat about TD and quaff ale, but I do need a pass from Mrs. Hobo. You can tentatively, count me in.
lol...perhaps we need a laminated 'official TD-pass' for the night? :)

2 and counting ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Brilliant in principle. However, if alcohol is involved, I would probably miss the gig! :wink:
I was going to say the same thing. Obviously I don't need a pass from Mrs Hobo but Mrs Monk requires it written in triplicate and a whole heep of brownie points. If she's coming along to the show as well then she'll not be too keen on meeting more TD fans, she has enough trouble dealing with the one she's got. Apparently I can be quite scary about TD.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Well the idea was to do either 'or' both...ie a fan meeting, Q&A session (light hearted...not po-faced :D), perhaps I'd bring along a few kilos of articles, a chat, some beers...and some other stuff. Judging by the zero feedback I had on other sites I'd say it would be a non-starter as a stand alone 'TD-day' type thing, but as part of a TD meetup on the afternoon of a TD gig/s I would have thought we could have organised 'something'
I was going to say the same thing. Obviously I don't need a pass from Mrs Hobo but Mrs Monk requires it written in triplicate and a whole heep of brownie points. If she's coming along to the show as well then she'll not be too keen on meeting more TD fans, she has enough trouble dealing with the one she's got. Apparently I can be quite scary about TD.
Td fans are fine, we can talk about other things....like, er, um....other stuff ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I like stuff!
Taximan431

TD live in 2007

Post by Taximan431 »

Hi all my first post since quite a while . i hope that the future performances of TD will be like the Tempodome performance. To date the best performance I've seen . The Venue was magnificant & a very close atmosphere was created. I would think that the shows planned in 2007 will follow this style of concert & if so none of you out there would be disappointed. From the stage setting to the visuals .the Music was clear & very across the timespan of TD from early years to Today's TD style.

So hope to see you all @ some of the gigs planned.....Enjoyed meeting up there in Berlin last September

Kind regards Geoff (Taximan431)
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

You can definitely count me in for the hypothetical Finland gig. Y'all are probably talking about different concerts, however…