Big 'ol Projects

Birdnest
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Big 'ol Projects

Post by Birdnest »

What do all you folks do in your "spare time"

build stuff??

jump out of airplanes??

chat online with cold chicks??

Me? ...

The Cabin project ... aka The Birdnest

We've been working on this since 5-04 ... its a traditional timber frame cottage on a chunk of land on the west slope of the Bitterroot mountains.

We are planning to move in in July ... :D

pictures ...

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/bctimber/

(here ya go, Mick)
Reality is an opinion
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Great looking cabin, love the loft..is that your birdsnest.... :wink:

That cabin would fit in perfect with my lifestyle: Fishing, ATV & Snowmobile riding and TD by the bon fire pit!... :D
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Thanks Tom. It's a fantastic cabin and a beautiful area. I'm sure you will be very happy there. If ever I'm lucky enough to be in your area, I'd love to share a beer or two on that porch! 8)
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

In answer to your question Tom, most of my spare time is spent with my 4 year old son. I try to spend as much time as possible with him and my wife.

My only hobby is photography and I tend to concentrate on landscapes. I've only recently taken the plunge and I'm still a novice, but I like to think I'm improving and would really like to spend more time learning. I had hoped that when my son started school this September, that I would be able to devote the additional time to this, but we are expecting another child on the 30th of May. I guess, that the photography could be a retirement project.

I always find time to listen to TD and rarely travel without my ipod. (It also doubles as a photo storage device).
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Breathtaking is a word that comes to mind 8) that sure is a fantstic cabin and a beautiful area...............you can blast out TD there to your hearts content Tom :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

What a beautiful house and location. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Cabin - that's a bit of a misnomer isn't it. More like Log Castle if you ask me.

........not that I'm jealous you understand. :mrgreen:
timer

Post by timer »

Do you need a lodger? will bring my TD collection! and whiskey!
24db

Re: Big 'ol Projects

Post by 24db »

Birdnest wrote:What do all you folks do in your "spare time"

build stuff??

jump out of airplanes??

Me? ...

The Cabin project ... aka The Birdnest

We've been working on this since 5-04 ... its a traditional timber frame cottage on a chunk of land on the west slope of the Bitterroot mountains.

We are planning to move in in July ... :D

pictures ...

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/bctimber/

(here ya go, Mick)
Bloody hell mate, I've seen Hotels that are smaller than that, very impressive, well do!

Spare time? hmmm Let me think:

Music (naturally)
photography (mainly in the mean streets of London)
reading....and
some artwork, although not as much as I'd like though
Birdnest

Post by Birdnest »

Oh bother ... no appreciation for Napoleon Dynamite :?

that should read something similar to female humans, creating an environment that is very very warm ... :shock:

Thanks All for letting me share my current obsession ... and all of the kind remarks.

I once had a photography hobby ... but we bought a house (old and a bit used up) and all of my time and money went there. That's when my kiddies were little - I could toss him into a backpack and burn a dozen rolls or so.
I still have runs of "getting the photo bug" - but its hard to find the time, unless there are grand-kiddies about :D

I'd love to share a whiskey or fine brew ... or a nice cup of tea on the porch if anyone ever tours the "Root" . I've tried that, and its quite tranquil! Don't worry about bring the TD sounds - we've got 100 hours or so on the "squeezebox"
The cabin is actually only 1000 sq. ft. (93 sq. m.) - and seems to get a little bigger with each bit of additional shelving. Especially the loft project.
Reality is an opinion
Birdnest

Post by Birdnest »

but we are expecting another child on the 30th of May.
Congratulations!
:D :D :D :D :D

Now there's a hobby for ya!!!

Two really is easier than one. Now you have subjects for your photo hobby.
Reality is an opinion
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

That looks like an idyllic place to live. Love the scenery. :D
Building a cabin sure is time well spent, but its not exactly right down my alley. I too love to create things. I never create something functional, though. Paintings, scetches, photos, films.... That sort of thing.
Perhaps I should dig up some old work and post it here...
redziller

Post by redziller »

Birdnest wrote:
Oh bother ... no appreciation for Napoleon Dynamite :?

that should read something similar to female humans, creating an environment that is very very warm ... :shock:

Thanks All for letting me share my current obsession ... and all of the kind remarks.

I once had a photography hobby ... but we bought a house (old and a bit used up) and all of my time and money went there. That's when my kiddies were little - I could toss him into a backpack and burn a dozen rolls or so.
I still have runs of "getting the photo bug" - but its hard to find the time, unless there are grand-kiddies about :D

I'd love to share a whiskey or fine brew ... or a nice cup of tea on the porch if anyone ever tours the "Root" . I've tried that, and its quite tranquil! Don't worry about bring the TD sounds - we've got 100 hours or so on the "squeezebox"
The cabin is actually only 1000 sq. ft. (93 sq. m.) - and seems to get a little bigger with each bit of additional shelving. Especially the loft project.
That's something you can puff out your chest on!

BTW my daughter instructed me to watch Napoleon Dynamite the other night - I was doubtful at first but really enjoyed it.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game