VOICES IN THE NET : RIP

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:An official statement will be posted soon about this (according to Klaus B on Tadream)
I think thats a good thing,it will be interesting to see if anyone else is allowed to take it on.
I am afraid that won't be the case. :(
I told you. :(
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

I think this guy's attiude from VITN is selfish, childish and egotistical. He didn't have to freeze the website, he at least should've left the info up until the website closed down, or let someone else take it over but no, what does he do, he leaves the guestbook! Talk about an ego fisher! And bottom line is this, you can go anywhere on the net for TD discographies, he had nothing on there I couldn't find elsewhere.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

We don't know the full background to this decision - I know for a fact that various lawyers out there are very active, and it could be possible that they were part of the decision to pull the site, and why anyone else has been discouraged from taking it on. It's all very similar to the demise of the Trees / Leaves.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

EricDraven wrote:I think this guy's attiude from VITN is selfish, childish and egotistical. He didn't have to freeze the website, he at least should've left the info up until the website closed down, or let someone else take it over but no, what does he do, he leaves the guestbook! Talk about an ego fisher!
Selfish, childish... whatever you call it, he's entitled to this behaviour. It's his work
EricDraven wrote:And bottom line is this, you can go anywhere on the net for TD discographies, he had nothing on there I couldn't find elsewhere.
Good for you, Eric.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: I think thats a good thing,it will be interesting to see if anyone else is allowed to take it on.
I am afraid that won't be the case. :(
I told you. :(
You were spot on :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

billythefish wrote:We don't know the full background to this decision - I know for a fact that various lawyers out there are very active, and it could be possible that they were part of the decision to pull the site, and why anyone else has been discouraged from taking it on. It's all very similar to the demise of the Trees / Leaves.
I think the only way there could be a legal issue would be if the publishers of the original print edition want to publish it again in an updated form and no longer want the material to be available for free. TDI/Eastgate/EF shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's quite different than the Trees/Leaves situation. The Trees/Leaves were actual recordings. VITN is just information. TD can't stop anyone from talking about the recordings, even bootlegs. You can't stop someone from talking about something that already exists, unless you are actively facilitating illegal behavior.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
billythefish wrote:We don't know the full background to this decision - I know for a fact that various lawyers out there are very active, and it could be possible that they were part of the decision to pull the site, and why anyone else has been discouraged from taking it on. It's all very similar to the demise of the Trees / Leaves.
I think the only way there could be a legal issue would be if the publishers of the original print edition want to publish it again in an updated form and no longer want the material to be available for free. TDI/Eastgate/EF shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's quite different than the Trees/Leaves situation. The Trees/Leaves were actual recordings. VITN is just information. TD can't stop anyone from talking about the recordings, even bootlegs. You can't stop someone from talking about something that already exists, unless you are actively facilitating illegal behavior.
True - but there were strange things that happened with the demise of the trees-leaves, such as the disappearance of Maff's artwork pages... As VITN contained such comprehensive material, including the artwork, I was wondering whether the same issues applied here...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

billythefish wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:
True - but there were strange things that happened with the demise of the trees-leaves, such as the disappearance of Maff's artwork pages... As VITN contained such comprehensive material, including the artwork, I was wondering whether the same issues applied here...
There could be a problem with reproducing artwork without permission, though most of the time there is no problem using very small versions of CD covers. As for people who were hosting artwork for the Trees, they probably just got nervous when the Trees project itself came to an abrupt halt.
24db

Post by 24db »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-V ... dZViewItem

start saving! I seem to remember this was £32 when it was new
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-V ... dZViewItem

Ive got the soft cover version and its a little beat up now :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:

I bought the hardcover, and thought I was mad for paying £32 for it...compared with this price it seems a bit of a bargain
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I bought the hardcover, and thought I was mad for paying £32 for it...compared with this price it seems a bit of a bargain
Seems to me to be a good buy,the hard covers are much better IMHO 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

No takers yet at the starting bid. I wonder why!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:No takers yet at the starting bid. I wonder why!
what? it's a bargain...er kind of
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

VITN has been resurrected by Michael.....its back on line

best wishes M, glad to hear you are OK :D
...The wise.....are silent.....