TD-Live at the Victoria Palace theatre in 1974

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD-Live at the Victoria Palace theatre in 1974

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im coming in my pants :shock:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Im coming in my pants :shock:
Glossing over that bit ;) it does make you think what happened to the tape, or if it was re-used for another TD project. Btw also in the same interview Peter and Edgar said they wanted to release it completely as it was...ah how times have changed ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)
Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:Excellent reviews, they are very descriptive, almost poetical, but then again a TD performance in 1974 must have been very inspiring to watch, hear and feel.
8)
I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
8)
I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.
it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: Maybe, I find TD in 1974 'live' a bit boring, their glory days were yet to come
it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)
But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the sequencer (especially in B*rlin Schule) is under used*....only TD (1974-1977) utilised sequences in de studio and live in a way no other musician matched ever......er...maybe

the above is opinion, disguised as fact :wink:

*....by that I mean, its all too easy
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I think Sequencers are overused in a certain manner. Listen to the Peter Baumann solos of Romance '76 and Transharmonic Nights to hear how one could use sequencers, and you get a tiny hint at the incredible potential of these instruments.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: I agree with that, but personally, I have realized that the sequencers become less and less important for me. These days I really like to hear the old concerts for the ambience, Coventry Cathedral Part I is just stunning for me.
But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.
Nah, without something else you'd soon get bored ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: it's possible that the sequencer is the most overused piece of EM equipment ever, and 'shock horror' might have put off more people than it attracted ;)
I've got a beer as well! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: But there are sequences and there are sequences. Stick a sequencer in the right hands and I could listen all day.
I've got a beer as well! :wink:
Oh well, if you've got a beer that's fair enough ;)