TD live....the future

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: where are those musical ties Kraftwerk were gonna have? it must be true it was on TW
I thought everybody had been given a musical tie at one stage in their lives. Mine played "Jingle Bells". Maybe that's not what you meant! :wink:
I had musical underpants - they played the 64 foot organ pipe, and are still working fine after all these years :wink: :wink:

No way in a million years my wifes seeing your lunch box mate :oops: :shock: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Re: TD live....the future

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:Krafwerk just use Laptops (I caught them live in London at the Royal Festival Hall Ether festival.....see TD's comments about this festival).
During one of the rare moments on the Minimum Maximum DVD, you'll notice that they, besides the laptops, have a console with a small built-in keyboard, plus some knobs. So I guess something is played live.
I only put on the dvd for the music, and regards the images to be a kind of visual muzak.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:Krafwerk just use Laptops (I caught them live in London at the Royal Festival Hall Ether festival.....see TD's comments about this festival).
During one of the rare moments on the Minimum Maximum DVD, you'll notice that they, besides the laptops, have a console with a small built-in keyboard, plus some knobs. So I guess something is played live.
I only put on the dvd for the music, and regards the images to be a kind of visual muzak.
I know, I mentioned this earlier in the thread mate ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
I know, I mentioned this earlier in the thread mate ;)
Ooops... :oops: You did...
24db wrote:Nice points, however I'd completely disagree about Kraftwerk though (btw they do have keyboards....albeit very small ones). During their recent world tour there was a large and I do mean large amount of live manipilation of the song structure, pitch and filtering.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Regards my arse :roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Regards my arse :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TD please leave all the spam in.

Reading all these replies to spam that no longer exists is doing my small, wallnut-like, brain in.

PS Only kidding. Napalm them. :twisted:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The spam is slowly disappearing :? :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

DSJR wrote:I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....
you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....
you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)
On the subject of TD's old equipment I'm sure I read somewhere that TD still own it all and that it has been mothballed. Got a feeling that I also read in a Jerome bio that he used to spend his Summer holidays playing with the old equipment in a basement.

....makes your mouth water just thinking about it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
JD wrote:

On the subject of TD's old equipment I'm sure I read somewhere that TD still own it all and that it has been mothballed. Got a feeling that I also read in a Jerome bio that he used to spend his Summer holidays playing with the old equipment in a basement.

....makes your mouth water just thinking about it.
in 1996 TD had a vintage studio where most of this old equipment was setup (see the photos in the Keyboard magazine article of the time). More recently some this vintage equipment can be seen in photos in their Vienna studio (Jupiter 6/8 and Minimoog etc)*. So it's all still available for TD to sample in various storage devices. They just use whatever is more suitable, they gave each type of synth a nickname....the analog stuff got the title 'The fat granny brigade' I seem to remember.

* their Berlin studio is on several floors, again from memory Edgar is on one and Jerome is on another
Last edited by 24db on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:

When was the last time you caught them live? if you don't mind me asking
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
JD wrote:

At the last Astoria gig. Why do you ask?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote: you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)
At the last Astoria gig. Why do you ask?

Twas a good night that :wink: