TD Tour 2007..............What would you like them to play?

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I want more Edgar :arrow:
How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)

Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Amen to that, hey what about some acoustic guitar or 12 string guitar from the big man, that would be a treat and a half!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?
How about he does an intro like Cloudburst flight or the effects laiden guitar he did on some of the 1976 encores, dry eye in the house? don't think so :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?
How about he does an intro like Cloudburst flight or the effects laiden guitar he did on some of the 1976 encores, dry eye in the house? don't think so :)

Kleenex in abundance me thinks :cry:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Something new, if I hear the same old same old again I'll be very bored indeed
I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.
I like a mix of old and new. With all new music, I find because of the unfamiliarity, I sometimes feel a bit lost and perhaps don't appreciate it as much as I should.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Something new, if I hear the same old same old again I'll be very bored indeed
I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.
I like a mix of old and new. With all new music, I find because of the unfamiliarity, I sometimes feel a bit lost and perhaps don't appreciate it as much as I should.
I agree with Chris. I remember buying a very expensive bootleg 'Sonambulistic Imagery' and being so dissapointed in the fact it was all music I knew. I used to think TD always played improvised sets until I discovered the Trees & Leaves.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.
I agree with Chris. I remember buying a very expensive bootleg 'Sonambulistic Imagery' and being so dissapointed in the fact it was all music I knew. I used to think TD always played improvised sets until I discovered the Trees & Leaves.
There's still a lot I don't know, so much of it sounds new to me anyway.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Nahh, Edgar is not a guitar player in my thoughts. Not to much guitar, the encore is enough, but what I also want back is the piano medley, I missed that one in Tempodrome.
homeless

Post by homeless »

If I'm fortunate enough to catch these guys again in 2007, I would want
to hear a soundscape I haven't heard before.
(such as Purgatorio , London 2004)

SBE 2005 (Phaedra) & Tempodrom 2006 was a fantastic review but
we can't tread through treacle year after year with regrets of
what should have been played instead.

Alway look forward....it may be the last time you ever hear new TD sounds.

That's the thrill of TD over my lifetime.

8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)

Nahh, Edgar is not a guitar player in my thoughts. Not to much guitar, the encore is enough, but what I also want back is the piano medley, I missed that one in Tempodrome.

Well Edgar could do the intro to Song of The Whale Part 2 then :idea: :idea: :)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Mephistopheles wrote:"Comet's Figure Head", the piece that linked my fate to this band.
Some new music would be nice too.
That would be a great intro and I'd love for them to perform the first 8 minutes from the Live Miles Berlin Concert, cool at heart and Unicorn theme.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Well Edgar could do the intro to Song of The Whale Part 2 then :idea: :idea: :)
Ok then. also an intro. But nothing more.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Froesesque wrote:That would be a great intro and I'd love for them to perform the first 8 minutes from the Live Miles Berlin Concert, cool at heart and Unicorn theme.
Those are some beautiful pieces. To hear a modern live version of that bit of "Livemiles" would indeed be a treat.
Oh, and 15 minutes of "Choronzon" would be great. With Edgar on guitar! :D