Movies

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

IMHO Ridley has lost the plot, some of his recent stuff has been woeful. He needs to take a break and get a decent script
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Last night I saw John Carpenter's Escape from New York and Paul Anderson's Event Horizon on TV. The latter paled so much compared with the former it was almost embarresing. But Mr. Anderson being who he is, and Mr. Carpenter being who he is, that goes without saying...
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:Last night I saw John Carpenter's Escape from New York and Paul Anderson's Event Horizon on TV. The latter paled so much compared with the former it was almost embarresing. But Mr. Anderson being who he is, and Mr. Carpenter being who he is, that goes without saying...
I love "Escape From New York" and the role of "Snake" is wonderfully hammed up by Kurt Russell. I'm also a big fan of Carpenter's scores and his associations with Alan Howarth.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Yeah, the score was great. :D
I think both Russell and Carpenter did an even better job on The Thing, which, by the way, is one of the very few remakes to actually match or surpass the original (which in this case would be Howard Hawks' The Thing from Another World from 1952).
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Watched last night:

Bennett Miller's "CAPOTE" with Philip Seymour Hoffman as Truman Capote. What a performance that is from Mr. Hoffman :!:
batman

Post by batman »

Mephistopheles wrote:Yeah, the score was great. :D
I think both Russell and Carpenter did an even better job on The Thing, which, by the way, is one of the very few remakes to actually match or surpass the original (which in this case would be Howard Hawks' The Thing from Another World from 1952).
Escape From New York" is a solid action noir by John Carpenter, although it lacks the punch of Carpenter's other three previous features ("The Fog", "Halloween", "Assault on Precinct 13"). Carpenter made the most out of his meeger budget and created a very convincing New York City. Is a very dark film.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:Yeah, the score was great. :D
Agreed, it was a great remake.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

And they are remaking it again as we speak.
I must admit I am a bit sceptical...
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:And they are remaking it again as we speak.
I must admit I am a bit sceptical...
It isn't a good idea to keep revisiting the same idea. Television producers are most guilty of this, with shows like Big Brother. Viewing for the lobotomised!
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I suppose it just proves what a great story it is. What I don't understand is why Hollywood always have to remake perfect films. They can't possibly think they are going to make them any better? But hopefully the new remake of The Thing won't be quite as bad as Big Brother.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Went to see Miss Potter last night with Renee Zillwigerthingybob and Ewan Mcgreggeoroer (lol) and I thought it was charming, sweet, heartwarming and probably the best film I've seen in a while. Most blokes my age would probably call it scmaltzy, but I don't care, my best mate is a stuffed hedgehog called Harry.
<
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Goodbye Lenin....excellent film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301357/
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

The Kevin Spacey movie 'K-PAX' is another favorite of mine too. It has a spirit and a heart.

Another good one is 'Threads' not so much a movie (although it is feature length) as a docudrama that the BBC made in the mid-eighties about a nuclear attack on Britain. I brought the DVD a few months ago and it still stands as a good horror film even today.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Dog bite Dog (Gau ngao gau) certainly one of the best films I've seen come out of Hong Kong in ages

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819765/
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just took the boys to see "Happy Feet". Great CGI but a fairly predictable story. They enjoyed it, I found it a little dull.