Worst TD tracks

MrCox
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by MrCox »

I must confess there are several compositions I don't like at all, for example "Red Morpho" on "Dream Roots", some tracks on "Rockoon" or "Zoning" ("Unfit For Consumption" with its stumbling drum loop). But that doesn't mean I HATE them. And of course there may be others who love these pieces. I love "Cool At Heart" and don't think it's out of place. And I also like "Wall Street", the funky live versions with the dual saxophone are just awesome IMHO. :wink: However, one cannot love everything, I just don't listen to these compositions.
And another thing: Some tracks I used to dislike once now belong to those I listen to frequently. Opinions can change. One example is the "Melrose" album, I didn't like it that much when I bought it; but after I downloaded the 2002 version I listen to it again and again. (However, the original "Cool At Heart" is better, you may guess why. :wink: )
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

MrCox wrote:"Unfit For Consumption" with its stumbling drum loop
Terrible track!

Also I find Where Dreams Are Large And Airy immensly tedious and uninportant, it's incredibly how much better Wadephul is on Blue Dawn.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Regarding Blue Dawn, Edgar's tracks, Thunderheads and Where Dreams.... are excellent along with some of Ralph's tracks which are so good because of Edgar's awesome guitar solos.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I went back and listened to Destination Berlin (mainly because I couldn't remember what "Wall Street" sounded like). Whoa, that's a tough listen nowadays. Thing about that album is (keeping in mind that it is a soundtrack), that it's more a bunch of themes than compositions. There is such a lack of depth and substance--completely superficial. What's more, they seemed to use only one rhythm pattern and the same two or three keyboard voicings thoughout. While the music may be suitable for purpose for which it was intended, it simply doesn't stand on its own, they way almost all other TD soundtracks do. And "Wall Street" is difficult to even try to take seriously.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Regarding Blue Dawn, Edgar's tracks, Thunderheads and Where Dreams.... are excellent along with some of Ralph's tracks which are so good because of Edgar's awesome guitar solos.
for me Edgar's guitar made the whole CD...brilliant stuff
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I really do wish Edgar would get back up front as he did SBE and Tempodrom and give us some guitar works,its a damn joy to watch and i for one think its a great highlight of any TD show :arrow: Come on Edgar...you can still do it :idea: we wont pull you off stage :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:I really do wish Edgar would get back up front as he did SBE and Tempodrom and give us some guitar works,its a damn joy to watch and i for one think its a great highlight of any TD show :arrow: Come on Edgar...you can still do it :idea: we wont pull you off stage :wink:
Always a highlight of the show, how about Edgar starting the gig with some acoustic 12 string guitar?..dry eye in the house?
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

You know what I Can’t Complaining switch one is the Worst Tacks or Albums By Tangerine Dream.

:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post by boruncy »

I don't really "hate" any particular TD track although i'm not too much into some of TD's soundtrack stuff such as Firestarter, Wavelength, Deadly Care, 3 O'clock High, etc. I find these very ordinary and bland.

Noteable exceptions are The Keep, Legend, and Near Dark.
Superb stuff! :wink:
Ode To Granny A
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

boruncy wrote:I don't really "hate" any particular TD track although i'm not too much into some of TD's soundtrack stuff such as Firestarter, Wavelength, Deadly Care, 3 O'clock High, etc. I find these very ordinary and bland.

Damn!!!! Firestarter is awesome!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

To me, two VERY, VERY bad TD tracks are Museum Walk and Summer In Shauxi. Presentiment from Summer In Nagasaki is mix of those two, but at least it fits into a much better concept than Miracle Mile and Great Wall Of China.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
boruncy wrote:I don't really "hate" any particular TD track although i'm not too much into some of TD's soundtrack stuff such as Firestarter, Wavelength, Deadly Care, 3 O'clock High, etc. I find these very ordinary and bland.

Damn!!!! Firestarter is awesome!
Wow Im shocked, I think Firestarter has two of TDs very best tracks, the opener and Charly the Kid. I love all of the 80s soundtracks, including all of the Haslinger ones. I'm here starting trouble again ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
timer

Post by timer »

Must agree JD - The Firestarter OST is up there with the best of TD;s soundtrack work IMHO.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Strange to see some of the soundtracks getting knocked. I'm a big fan of most of them.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I used to dislike most TD soundtracks, especially sorcerer. Nowadays they do get an airing. I've always liked Heartbreakers just for it's nice melodic sound.