Worst TD tracks

tdfan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by tdfan »

To me, the words hate and tangerine dream doesn't belong together...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:My top 10 of most hated tracks:

1. Wall Street (TT 49 - Berlin Werner Seelenbinder Halle, Germany 20th February and East)
2. Wall Street (TL 90 - Worthing, Assembly Hall, England 25th October)
3. Wall Street (TT 29 - London Hammersmith Odeon, England 26th October)
4. Wall Street (TL 51 - London Hammersmith Odeon, England 27th October)
5. Wall Street (TL 77 - Manchester Apollo Theatre, England 28th October)
6. Wall Street (TL 29 - Nottingham Royal Centre, England 29th October)
7. Wall Street (TT 90 - Newcastle City Hall, England 1st November)
8. Wall Street (TT 84 - Oxford Apollo Theatre, England 4th November)
9. Wall Street (TT 70 - Bristol Colston Hall, England 6th November)
10. Wall Street (Destination Berlin)
Wall street is a poor one yes but I must admit oto having a strong affection for most of Destination Berlin. IMO it goes alng the same way as Heartbreakers (which I also love). I realise DB is a much reviled album but I like it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Heartbreakers and at least two tracks off DB are brilliant :)
JD

Post by JD »

I love DB , I cant understand why it gets so much stick, some good writing on there, much better than some others.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:I love DB , I cant understand why it gets so much stick, some good writing on there, much better than some others.
Berlin Summer Nights has a great chord progression with an excellent bass sound.

That reminds me I'm off to Berlin soon, so I'd better checkout how well it goes with the City ;)
timer

Post by timer »

Can't say I hate much TD , and also have to agree with others comments (to a degree !) about dishing the bands output on there own site !.
Criticism can be good in many ways and I personally think that General Froese has possibly squirmed a couple of times in the bands history over what has been released.

I would rather put this thread down to TD music I don't listen to very often !, and that for me would be the very early stuff up to Phaedra/ Green Desert, and a couple of the soundtracks.
But overall I must like the majority otherwise I wouldn't be here !.

Long live the mighty Tangs ! :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I dont really hate many tracks, there is a lot that don`t float my boat and it tends to be when the track sounds more like Kenny G then TD
JD

Post by JD »

timer wrote:Can't say I hate much TD , and also have to agree with others comments (to a degree !) about dishing the bands output on there own site !.
Criticism can be good in many ways and I personally think that General Froese has possibly squirmed a couple of times in the bands history over what has been released.

I would rather put this thread down to TD music I don't listen to very often !, and that for me would be the very early stuff up to Phaedra/ Green Desert, and a couple of the soundtracks.
But overall I must like the majority otherwise I wouldn't be here !.

Long live the mighty Tangs ! :D
I think criticism is fine, we live allegedly in a free world after all, I realised recently though that artists are in fact people, not just photos on CD covers , some abstract vision on a stage or something that is our property to build up or destroy as we see fit, so I dont personally feel right saying things like track X sucks, or its the biggest pile of cr*p ever and I hate it, pathetic etc etc I've done it in the past and I feel a bit guilty now :?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Nobody like everything ;-)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

JD wrote:I love DB , I cant understand why it gets so much stick, some good writing on there, much better than some others.
Me too. I remember buying DB in a local shop and was surprised how much I liked it. I didn't even know it had been released then and I still listen to it a lot .
redziller

Post by redziller »

Don't hate - just rate

Seriously, I can understand that hate arises from the discrepancy between what you hope for and what you get but there's no point being mad at reality for not matching your expectations 'cos reality is the um real thing.

I was fuming after listening to Sohoman but hey I got over it.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

redziller wrote:Don't hate - just rate

Seriously, I can understand that hate arises from the discrepancy between what you hope for and what you get but there's no point being mad at reality for not matching your expectations 'cos reality is the um real thing.

I did notice that Sohoman wasn't one of the play list in Stephen's Motor ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
redziller wrote:Don't hate - just rate

I did notice that Sohoman wasn't one of the play list in Stephen's Motor ;)

Just have a listen to the REAL Sohoman :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

The only tracks in 70s era that I dislike are "Rising Runner Missed By Endless Sender" and the silly sounding beginning section of "Monolight." There is nothing on Heartbreakers that I can actually bear to listen to more than once every 5 years. 90s era: I really can't stand "Cool at Heart" on Melrose. Absolutely dreadful. Completely out of place on a Tangerine Dream album. Modern era: I listened to the entire album of Purgatorio and was only able to find six (6) tracks that I would want to listen to again.

ETA: I posted this before I noticed that there was a second page to the thread. None of my comments were intended as direct responses to any others' comments here.
JD

Post by JD »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:The only tracks in 70s era that I dislike are "Rising Runner Missed By Endless Sender" and the silly sounding beginning section of "Monolight." There is nothing on Heartbreakers that I can actually bear to listen to more than once every 5 years. 90s era: I really can't stand "Cool at Heart" on Melrose. Absolutely dreadful. Completely out of place on a Tangerine Dream album. Modern era: I listened to the entire album of Purgatorio and was only able to find six (6) tracks that I would want to listen to again.

ETA: I posted this before I noticed that there was a second page to the thread. None of my comments were intended as direct responses to any others' comments here.
Rising Runner and Cool at heart are classics to me ???? some of you people have no taste ;)