Fanger and Schonwalder

Tangram
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Fanger and Schonwalder

Post by Tangram »

Since I saw them perform at Hampshire Jam last October, I have been totally hooked on their unique style of music. I've now got Analog Overdose 0.9, 1 and 3.

I can't stop playing these. I've been predominantly a TD fan for the best part of 30 years now but the last few years have been far too bland in output by TD. There has been little to really excite me. Sure, there has been plenty that I have liked, but not much that I play over and over again, as I do with releases from the 70's and 80's.

With F&S, I can hear something more. I can hear and feel emotion in their music and I can sense a certain amount of love that they feel when creating their music. I know that sounds quite 'deep' but I really do feel things with their music that I don't feel with others.

The way their music is structured, layer upon layer building up and up, is something that I have not experienced to such an extent before. Yes, some of TD's music is beautifully layered and structured, but I don't feel that has been the case for some time now.

I feel that F&S's music is the perfect music that has been missing from my collection for all these years.

I feel that I can enjoy many types of music, but I have never felt or experienced music in the same way as I do for the Analog Overdoses I have heard. There is a quality that is hard to put my finger on, I think it might be emotion. I can feel Thomas and Mario's emotions in their music, I can't feel that in much of the rest of stuff I have accumulated over many years.

I would really be interested to hear your views of Fanger and Schonwalder's music. Do you experience the same I do? Do you feel or sense the love and emotion in their music like I do? Or am I just crazy?!
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)
24db

Post by 24db »

Never liked them to be honest, it lacks 'something' not sure what, but it doesn't do for me at all
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Totally outstanding stuff,up there with EMs very best artists. wether its Fanger & Schonwalder or Keller & Schonwalder........just cant get enough of it :D :D :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I like the Analogue Overdose stuff and there's plenty of nods towards TD on these releases. Thumbs up from me! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Sorry mate, not my cuppa, no emotion in it for me.... Thumbs down.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Excellent,really getting into them Thanks to Colin.