Steve Jolliffe....more than vocals

Barbakane
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Steve Jolliffe....more than vocals

Post by Barbakane »

Steve's done some great stuff post-TD. His latest two, Deep Down Far and Space, are particularly good.

As a young TD fan just getting into the band around '88 or so, Cyclone was among a group of albums I picked up all at the same time from a few different eras (I know Electronic Meditation and Atem were among them, too). Cyclone was a stand-out for the different sound it had, not just the vocals but the instrumentation, too. "Bent Cold Sidewalk" was and remains a favorite of mine. His solo stuff is even better.
Pardon me, I have nothing to say.
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

I personally love the Cyclone album. Steve`s vocals suits perfect to both "Bent Cold Sidewalk" & "Rising Runner missed by the endless sender". I think that both tracks would be ruined with another vocalist. I also think that both tracks would be just perfect as pure instrumentals as well
In agreement there Mars. Always enjoy listening to this album although it was given a thumbs down by many TD fans on it's release. Personally though, i was not too keen on Steve's latter solo stuff and I did go see him live at one of the F.A.M.E. festivals in London back in the early 90s which I believe was at the Conway Hall in Holborn???
Ode To Granny A