Tempodrom DVD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

batman wrote:
batman wrote:Today arrived the dvd from Tempodrome Live and Dantes Inferno
Two very good concerts :D :D
As 5.1 man Theo, what did you think of the sound? I didn't think it was bad considering how quickly the tempodrom DVD had been released
batman

Post by batman »

24db wrote:
batman wrote:
batman wrote:Today arrived the dvd from Tempodrome Live and Dantes Inferno
Two very good concerts :D :D
As 5.1 man Theo, what did you think of the sound? I didn't think it was bad considering how quickly the tempodrom DVD had been released
Andy, I think the 5.1 sound is not good for Tempodrom. The sounds likes two channels IMO.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
ant

Post by ant »

:? Batman - Are you sure you weren't listening to the two channel version? The 5.1 sounds fine on mine.
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

batman wrote:
24db wrote:
batman wrote: Two very good concerts :D :D
Andy, I think the 5.1 sound is not good for Tempodrom. The sounds likes two channels IMO.
As Ant said, try flipping over the sound mate...they might be mislablled.

Btw the Inferno one is even better, with some extra layers zooming about in the rear speakers
batman

Post by batman »

24db wrote:
batman wrote:
24db wrote: As 5.1 man Theo, what did you think of the sound? I didn't think it was bad considering how quickly the tempodrom DVD had been released

Btw the Inferno one is even better, with some extra layers zooming about in the rear speakers
I will listen again Andy.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
24db

Post by 24db »

batman wrote:
24db wrote:
batman wrote: Andy, I think the 5.1 sound is not good for Tempodrom. The sounds likes two channels IMO.

I will listen again Andy.
Hope it improves things
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
batman wrote:
24db wrote: As 5.1 man Theo, what did you think of the sound? I didn't think it was bad considering how quickly the tempodrom DVD had been released

Yeh I've heard that as well. Makes me wonder if I've been listening to the 5.1 track instead of the sterio one.
timer

Post by timer »

On our DVD remote we have an audio option that allows you to select whilst the DVD is playing, on every other DVD I have it indicates 5.1 stereo, on the Tempodrom it doesn't ,just 2 channel, although you can hear a definate diffence.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:On our DVD remote we have an audio option that allows you to select whilst the DVD is playing, on every other DVD I have it indicates 5.1 stereo, on the Tempodrom it doesn't ,just 2 channel, although you can hear a definate diffence.
Some discs won't let you swap between soundtracks 'whilst the disc is playing' ah the pleasures of 5.1 surround sound :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
24db wrote:
I spoke to a mate of mine who does live concert filming (he's also got a copy of the DVD) he said (and I came to the same conclusion) that a lot of the close up stuff comes from the rehearsal (or Pre or Post concert?), therefore that's why it looks weird. I noticed during one track that Edgar Plasma screen jumped between Moog and DX displays several times. That's not to excuse TD or Linda, but you should be aware that ALL DVDs use some non real-time footage, plus obviously if you had cameramen doing very close up stuff 'all' the time during the gig it put off the performers and audience alike.
Dear Friends,

Exactly! 24db is absolutely right! All DVDs contain material from the rehearsal sessions where close ups can be made without disturbing the show and audience - please keep this in mind. That's why there are sometimes scenes not seeming to be 1000% in sync. This is a normal process when filming a performance - every camera team would give you the same answer. We hope that this doesn't affect your pleasure with the DVD. Sometimes it makes us wonder....Isn't it much more important to enjoy the WHOLE thing - the music, the atmosphere, the band etc. rather than searching for peanuts...?? I think TD did a good (and fast!) job on this - the best Christmas present you could get!:-).

Regards, Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
People here are always searching for peanuts.........and thats just their brains :shock: :shock: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
24db wrote:
I spoke to a mate of mine who does live concert filming (he's also got a copy of the DVD) he said (and I came to the same conclusion) that a lot of the close up stuff comes from the rehearsal (or Pre or Post concert?), therefore that's why it looks weird. I noticed during one track that Edgar Plasma screen jumped between Moog and DX displays several times. That's not to excuse TD or Linda, but you should be aware that ALL DVDs use some non real-time footage, plus obviously if you had cameramen doing very close up stuff 'all' the time during the gig it put off the performers and audience alike.
Dear Friends,

Exactly! 24db is absolutely right! All DVDs contain material from the rehearsal sessions where close ups can be made without disturbing the show and audience - please keep this in mind. That's why there are sometimes scenes not seeming to be 1000% in sync. This is a normal process when filming a performance - every camera team would give you the same answer. We hope that this doesn't affect your pleasure with the DVD. Sometimes it makes us wonder....Isn't it much more important to enjoy the WHOLE thing - the music, the atmosphere, the band etc. rather than searching for peanuts...?? I think TD did a good (and fast!) job on this - the best Christmas present you could get!:-).

Regards, Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
People here are always searching for peanuts.........and thats just their brains :shock: :shock: :wink:
Brings a whole new meaning to 'Keeping your peanuts in your pockets' as Edgar once said ;)
karez

Post by karez »

I don't have TEMPODROME yet, but I read opinions and I'm worried about the quality of sound. Can somebody tell me...is it true 5.1 sound included in this DVD? Can you hear a specific atmosphere of live concert around the head? It's different effect when you play discrete 5.1 sound or 2 channel thru PRO LOGIC II decoder.
Some of my works inspired by the music of TD: http://www.michalkarcz.com
homeless

Post by homeless »

I wasn't at Berlin. I couldn't make it.

I've enjoyed this wee epic a few times on the telly now.

Other that the quiet and slightly out-of-synch sections that
disturbed me slightly at the time (but explained to my satisfaction
with some reason in this thread)
I'm a very happy bunny!

8)
Taximan431

Tempodome DVD

Post by Taximan431 »

The Tempodome DVD is Excellent there is a slight glintch mid way I reckon this is due to the double layed DVD it appears when Gerald is playing a solo . But I think over all its a great tribute to the night some are commenting on the sound quality but I think its good. I've listened to it in 5.1 with great admiration....

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
epsilon75

Re: Tempodome DVD

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:The Tempodome DVD is Excellent there is a slight glintch mid way I reckon this is due to the double layed DVD it appears when Gerald is playing a solo . But I think over all its a great tribute to the night some are commenting on the sound quality but I think its good. I've listened to it in 5.1 with great admiration....

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff

Have to agree with you wholeheatredly Geoff,i really dont know what people have to complain about,apart from the small glitch you mention its a resounding thumbs up for this DVD from me :D . The sound and visuals are excellent considering the short time it took to release :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.