TD live at Coventry Cathedral

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:Someone has made a copy of this DVD with a double layer: one with the Ricochet soundtrack as broadcast, the other with the (TT?) original recording.

Has anyone received their copy yet, and could they confirm if the DVD is two layer?

Thanks in advance.
No sign of my copy yet Stephen. Can't say I'm surprised.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No copy of mine either :( whats going on :? :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Ive had a double layered soundtrack version of this for a few months.
IMHO its better to watch it with the ricochet overdub as the original music sound quality isn't that good. Superb picture though.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:Ive had a double layered soundtrack version of this for a few months.
IMHO its better to watch it with the ricochet overdub as the original music sound quality isn't that good. Superb picture though.
Lower sound quality is a less important factor than the having the actual music of the gig, in my opinion. :(
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
timer wrote:Ive had a double layered soundtrack version of this for a few months.
Lower sound quality is a less important factor than the having the actual music of the gig, in my opinion. :(
I would certainly be interested in the original, although I often struggle with poor recordings.

Ultimately, the images are what this release is really about (imho), and I would love to see the old equipment in the context of that beautiful building.
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I would certainly be interested in the original, although I often struggle with poor recordings.

Ultimately, the images are what this release is really about (imho), and I would love to see the old equipment in the context of that beautiful building.
It's just a shame that the footage is superimposed with other shots, like candles and false-colour things...BUT, we're lucky to have anything from this period, considering TD were/are an underground group to a certain extent
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I sent off for it too yesterday. There's one bit where Edgar's (i think) doing a nifty bit of keyboard playing. I always hoped a release like this would come to light. I once considered nipping into the cathedral just to see if I could get the concert on video. Pitty the music isn't live, I read somewhere that at one point the volume reached 120db.

Surprising they didn't shatter the stain glass windows!!!

:roll:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:I sent off for it too yesterday. There's one bit where Edgar's (i think) doing a nifty bit of keyboard playing. I always hoped a release like this would come to light. I once considered nipping into the cathedral just to see if I could get the concert on video. Pitty the music isn't live, I read somewhere that at one point the volume reached 120db.

Surprising they didn't shatter the stain glass windows!!!

:roll:
120db? unlikely to say the least, a year later TD were playing at this volume at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon, 120db at the back of the hall, a peak of 133db according to Edgar interviewed in Sound on Stage magazine just after the SBE 96 gig
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:a peak of 133db according to Edgar interviewed in Sound on Stage magazine just after the SBE 96 gig
Edgar "Yes the sound peaked at 133db".
Interviewer "Eh...... You what?"
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:a peak of 133db according to Edgar interviewed in Sound on Stage magazine just after the SBE 96 gig
Edgar "Yes the sound peaked at 133db".
Interviewer "Eh...... You what?"
the actual conversation on the night went more like this...

the man from the council..."Lads it's too Loud!"..."hello, hello....yes you"
Edgar..."eh what me?"
Peter....."What...you want it louder??"
Chris...."Pardon, what? Louder ok guv?"
the audience..."huh? I wonder where the nearest ENT hospital is"
the man from the council measuring the sound level..."turn that noise down, turn that noise noise down, You call that music? honestly young people these days'!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Still no interview disc from Voiceprint :( boy are these Geezers SSSSLLLOOOWWWWWW :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Still waiting for this DVD, which I ordered on 14/12/06. Waiting for a reply to my email as well, as no explanation, or apology has been given for the delay. kick poor service IMO, which doesn't augur well for future TD products distributed via Voiceprint! :x
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Just got a reply from Voiceprint. Apparently the Coventry Cathedral DVD's are still at the pressing plant, but they hope to start distributing within the next few weeks. Still a poor service and a very vague response. :(
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:Just got a reply from Voiceprint. Apparently the Coventry Cathedral DVD's are still at the pressing plant, but they hope to start distributing within the next few weeks. Still a poor service and a very vague response. :(
er when I ordered my copy Mick I thought the website actually said 'available february'
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:Just got a reply from Voiceprint. Apparently the Coventry Cathedral DVD's are still at the pressing plant, but they hope to start distributing within the next few weeks. Still a poor service and a very vague response. :(
er when I ordered my copy Mick I thought the website actually said 'available february'
They told me a couple of weeks! Although, if the website said February, that would explain things. It's just a pity Voiceprint didn't see fit to inform me.