40 Years on - A Project

tonytundra
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

40 Years on - A Project

Post by tonytundra »

Hi, With the 40th anniversary of Tangerine Dream and Pink Floyd, perhaps a collaborative project/tour could be put together? It is also 40 years since Stephen King published his first successful short story (The Glass Floor) - I hope that the film project The Talisman will be completed soon. Maybe Tangerine Dream could perform the score?. Perhaps Gerald Scarfe, who started his career in 1966 and did the graphics for The Wall could be in some kind of project with the bands?
Also, what about a big reunion concert of major electronic influences on music including Brian Eno, The Can, Amon Duul, Kraftwerk, Cluster etc?
Just a few thoughts for 2007.
Too ambitious? Never!!!! :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

No less ambitious than me trying to read that blue text! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm sure Edgar would be laughing his head off at the suggestion ;)...Mind you perhaps the Floyd could be the support group? :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Dont think theres a chance in hell of this becoming reality :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

epsilon75 wrote:Dont think theres a chance in hell of this becoming reality :wink:

Nice thought though. after all Edgar likes the Floyd...Syd Barrett..David Gilmore.....

TD is a life project that keeps on becoming more interesting new directions musically & creatativity...

:D :!: :arrow: 8) Geoff
Rico

Post by Rico »

It's great to celebrate both Tangerine Dream and Pink Floyd in 2007, but I believe there won't be anything like a grouped show. Most importantly, style's a differ. And secondly PInk Floyd's not open to its own celebration. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Dont think theres a chance in hell of this becoming reality :wink:

Nice thought though. after all Edgar likes the Floyd...Syd Barrett..David Gilmore.....

TD is a life project that keeps on becoming more interesting new directions musically & creatativity...

:D :!: :arrow: 8) Geoff

I would take pleasure in being proven wrong Geoff :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tonytundra

Post by tonytundra »

Sorry about the ambitiously blue text Hobo. I hope this is easier on your eyes. I must admit it was a bit like trying to read an old Oz magazine with coloured print on deep coloured paper.
Back to the plot, I am sure that if fans of Floyd and Tangerine Dream all wish hard enough, a collaborative project may come into fruition.
Let's get those butterfly wings flapping and start a new Tournado across the world. On the differing styles mentioned, I am sure the two bands could fuse and generate metamorphic rock together.
:wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tonytundra wrote:Sorry about the ambitiously blue text Hobo. I hope this is easier on your eyes. I must admit it was a bit like trying to read an old Oz magazine with coloured print on deep coloured paper.
Back to the plot, I am sure that if fans of Floyd and Tangerine Dream all wish hard enough, a collaborative project may come into fruition.
Let's get those butterfly wings flapping and start a new Tournado across the world. On the differing styles mentioned, I am sure the two bands could fuse and generate metamorphic rock together.
:wink:
No problem, my eyes were a little blurred from 13 hours at work anyway. It is a wonderful dream, but I fear that's all it is!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese