TD on TD

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD on TD

Post by Froesesque »

Ok, so I've downloaded this from the new download bit of this site, but the trouble with not having the actual CD case is you don't know who did what. I know the tracks are new renditions of old songs played by members and guests of today and yester-year, but who? I would be realy greatful if anyone with the CD could fill me in.

This is what I have worked out for myself (but I'm not sure)

1) That is definitley Linda Spa playing Sax on Blue Bridge?
2) Logo's Velvet: Johannes Schmoelling on his own?
3) Phaedra 2005: definitley EF?
4) Desert T. Dream: Paul Haslinger, Edgar Froese or both?
5) Zlackto Percia Guitar on Beach Theme? (sounds similar to version played on '97 European Tour.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Re: TD on TD

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:Ok, so I've downloaded this from the new download bit of this site, but the trouble with not having the actual CD case is you don't know who did what. I know the tracks are new renditions of old songs played by members and guests of today and yester-year, but who? I would be realy greatful if anyone with the CD could fill me in.

5) Zlackto Percia Guitar on Beach Theme? (sounds similar to version played on '97 European Tour.
Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

01. Southpole Crossing (performed by Paul haslinger) from the Mandala video (no description needed really as it's been playing on TD's webpage for the last year, if you haven't heard it by now I'd check your speakers!)

02. Logos Blue (Performed by Ralf Wadephul) This version was used on the Three Phase video, although I'm not sure it's ever been released on a CD before (I'd have to check and see if it's on Tangents). It could even be a different mix

03. Alchemy Of The Heart II (performed Paul Haslinger & Edgar Froese) a stripped down version, without Chris Franke's sequencing perhaps? An interesting alternative version with some modern? percussion sounds

04. Beach Theme (performed by Zlatco Perica) Not bad I guess, although I'm not sure what to make of it

05. Phaedra 2005 (performed by Edgar Froese)....seems to be yet another version of this track, live perhaps? with some extra melodies and the phased drum loops sound different to my ears, the track has a fairly long 'extended' ending

06. Desert T. Dream (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) sounds like the version TD perfomed at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2005, a different mix to the version on Tangents, in fact it's very good

07. Convention Of The 24 (performed by Edgar Froese) A remixed/re-recorded and 'much' faster version of the track on White Eagle.

08. The Blue Bridge (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) a completely different recording from Thorsten, with a subtle new sequence. Linda is given more rein to play an extended version on sax, with added echo and some much puncher drums. Like it a lot

09. Ride On A Ray (performed by Edgar Froese) A completely different version, with Edgar kicking in at the start with extra keyboards, creating a more punchier and dynamic piece. Just when you expect the old guitar licks, Edgar rips in with a new version of his guitar solo. I've never been a huge fan of the original so, for me, this is much better. Excellent stuff....as Jerome might say 'two thumbs'

10. Logos Velvet (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) A whole new version of this classic track (it's been completely re-recorded). I'm not 100% but there even might be some real flute half way through. Great stuff, with some punchy 'live' drums.

11. Challengers Arrival (performed by Edgar Froese) From the Keep soundtrack obviously, but this is a different version, but with Edgar's great guitar solo intact (phew! although it might have been re-recorded) over a huge swirling chord.

12. Sphinx Red Lightning (performed by Edgar Froese) a new version with an odd sampled voice sequence. The beginning of the track now has a more ominious feel, leading into the usual powerful chords, but things have been given a make over, with a more funky mid-section (works quite well actually). Great stuff, and 'shock horror' I prefer it to the original

******this version in now on the jukebox on this site******

13. Pergamon Sphere (performed by Johannes Schmoelling) sounds like the version on Tangents to me, still a great track though

14. Loved By The Sun (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) This is version that was played at the Tempodrom, ie a completely different 're-recorded' version of the track used on the Legend soundtrack. Good stuff...short but sweet.

From the CD booklet: All material newly recorded, mixed and edited. Recorded at TownEnd studios Berlin and Eastgate Studios Vienna
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Thanx 24
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Challenger's Arrival without the EF solo would be unthinkable.........boy thats a grand piece of music :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:Thanx 24
No problem :)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Echoed.....

Sometimes it's good to hear different performances or remixes of established tracks.

I'm probably going to drop myself in it big time now but I'd love to hear more of the mid seventies sessions that went into their classic albums from this period. I don't mean adding to original mixes (Tangentising), more of a mix from the sessions of bits that didn't make it to the completed album... I doubt this could happen as Virgin may have owned the multitracks (and re-used them as many were) and it would probably be a licensing nightmare......

As to TD Plays TD, not bad so far, but, to be honest, despite my comments above, I'd much rather hear progression from Metaphor in future....................
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:
Echoed.....

Sometimes it's good to hear different performances or remixes of established tracks.

I'm probably going to drop myself in it big time now but I'd love to hear more of the mid seventies sessions that went into their classic albums from this period. I don't mean adding to original mixes (Tangentising), more of a mix from the sessions of bits that didn't make it to the completed album... I doubt this could happen as Virgin may have owned the multitracks (and re-used them as many were) and it would probably be a licensing nightmare......

As to TD Plays TD, not bad so far, but, to be honest, despite my comments above, I'd much rather hear progression from Metaphor in future....................
Totally agree, but contracts cover anything pre-TDI, so don't hold your breath.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
Froesesque wrote:Ok, so I've downloaded this from the new download bit of this site, but the trouble with not having the actual CD case is you don't know who did what. I know the tracks are new renditions of old songs played by members and guests of today and yester-year, but who? I would be realy greatful if anyone with the CD could fill me in.

Tangerine Dream Plays Tangerine Dream

01. Southpole Crossing (performed by Paul haslinger) from the Mandala video (no description needed really as it's been playing on TD's webpage for the last year, if you haven't heard it by now I'd check your speakers!)

02. Logos Blue (Performed by Ralf Wadephul) This version was used on the Three Phase video, although I'm not sure it's ever been released on a CD before (I'd have to check and see if it's on Tangents). It could even be a different mix

03. Alchemy Of The Heart II (performed Paul Haslinger & Edgar Froese) a stripped down version, without Chris Franke's sequencing perhaps? An interesting alternative version with some modern? percussion sounds

04. Beach Theme (performed by Zlatco Perica) Not bad I guess, although I'm not sure what to make of it

05. Phaedra 2005 (performed by Edgar Froese)....seems to be yet another version of this track, live perhaps? with some extra melodies and the phased drum loops sound different to my ears, the track has a fairly long 'extended' ending

06. Desert T. Dream (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) sounds like the version TD perfomed at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2005, a different mix to the version on Tangents, in fact it's very good

07. Convention Of The 24 (performed by Edgar Froese) A remixed/re-recorded and 'much' faster version of the track on White Eagle.

08. The Blue Bridge (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) a completely different recording from Thorsten, with a subtle new sequence. Linda is given more rein to play an extended version on sax, with added echo and some much puncher drums. Like it a lot

09. Ride On A Ray (performed by Edgar Froese) A completely different version, with Edgar kicking in at the start with extra keyboards, creating a more punchier and dynamic piece. Just when you expect the old guitar licks, Edgar rips in with a new version of his guitar solo. I've never been a huge fan of the original so, for me, this is much better. Excellent stuff....as Jerome might say 'two thumbs'

10. Logos Velvet (performed by Thorsten Quaeshning) A whole new version of this classic track (it's been completely re-recorded). I'm not 100% but there even might be some real flute half way through. Great stuff, with some punchy 'live' drums.

11. Challengers Arrival (performed by Edgar Froese) From the Keep soundtrack obviously, but this is a different version, but with Edgar's great guitar solo intact (phew! although it might have been re-recorded) over a huge swirling chord.

12. Sphinx Red Lightning (performed by Edgar Froese) a new version with an odd sampled voice sequence. The beginning of the track now has a more ominious feel, leading into the usual powerful chords, but things have been given a make over, with a more funky mid-section (works quite well actually). Great stuff, and 'shock horror' I prefer it to the original

******this version in now on the jukebox on this site******

13. Pergamon Sphere (performed by Johannes Schmoelling) sounds like the version on Tangents to me, still a great track though

14. Loved By The Sun (performed by Thorsten Quaeschning) This is version that was played at the Tempodrom, ie a completely different 're-recorded' version of the track used on the Legend soundtrack. Good stuff...short but sweet.

From the CD booklet: All material newly recorded, mixed and edited. Recorded at TownEnd studios Berlin and Eastgate Studios Vienna
Logos blue has been released on CD. Check out the Live in America 1992 DVD/CD combo release.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
24db

Post by 24db »

tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote:

Logos blue has been released on CD. Check out the Live in America 1992 DVD/CD combo release.
So shoot me! ;) Cheers for pointing that, to be honest I haven't got the time to check one recording with another
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote: Logos blue has been released on CD. Check out the Live in America 1992 DVD/CD combo release.
So shoot me! ;) Cheers for pointing that, to be honest I haven't got the time to check one recording with another

Do a long journey and you'll never forget them.
24db

Post by 24db »

tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote: So shoot me! ;) Cheers for pointing that, to be honest I haven't got the time to check one recording with another
Do a long journey and you'll never forget them./color]

Hell, I travel for 9 hours by train every two weeks, so you would have thought the penny would have dropped by now :D
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote: Do a long journey and you'll never forget them./color]

Hell, I travel for 9 hours by train every two weeks, so you would have thought the penny would have dropped by now :D

Well 9 hours by train that's nearly the first 11 releases. Will be a very fast travel. :D :idea:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tangmaster wrote:
24db wrote:
tangmaster wrote: Well 9 hours by train that's nearly the first 11 releases. Will be a very fast travel. :D :idea:
So how many journeys for the whole Tangerine Dream back-catalogue do you think?
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Oh yeah something more about logos Blue. First release was on tangents named as logos blue part, second release (but just before Tangents) Three Phase video, and it's also on the I-Box second CD first track. And of course on the live in America 1992 DVD/CD combo.