soundtrack to the film "the soldier"

soldier
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

soundtrack to the film "the soldier"

Post by soldier »

hi, does anyone know if it is possible to buy the soundtrack to this film? it was made in the US in the early 80's, cannot find it anywhere and I love the music, all by TD
cheers
24db

Re: soundtrack to the film "the soldier"

Post by 24db »

soldier wrote:hi, does anyone know if it is possible to buy the soundtrack to this film? it was made in the US in the early 80's, cannot find it anywhere and I love the music, all by TD
cheers
Sorry mate, It's never been officially released, various tracks appear on Bootlegs from time to time, but I've not seen the whole album (that doesn't mean that a fan recording isn't available, possibly recorded of VHS cassette). Various tracks were later re-worked into various TD albums, the most famous being (perhaps) Dolphin Dance from Underwater Sunlight
soldier

soldier

Post by soldier »

gotcha! thanks for the quick response...i had heard about these "trees and leaves", could they have been filed in their somewhere? are they legal?

is there anyway to get a message to the TD team asking/cajoling to see if its possible to get a copy?

just thinking aloud!

cheers
24db

Re: soldier

Post by 24db »

soldier wrote:gotcha! thanks for the quick response...i had heard about these "trees and leaves", could they have been filed in their somewhere? are they legal?

is there anyway to get a message to the TD team asking/cajoling to see if its possible to get a copy?

just thinking aloud!

cheers
Ah...touchy subject ;). Hmmmm ok a bit of info. The TT and TL series were batches of fan recordings from the highest possible quality available (run by fans for fans). The system worked on a branch and leaf system (A branch recorded them for other people and a leaf just got them). TD took a hmmm how can I put it, 'we'll look the otherway' view to them, provided they were never sold openly. Earlier this year the whole series was 'pulled', the online servers went off line and all the websites that offered them were removed. The reason behind this are numerous and only the guys behind this know the full story. The Offical line is that the whole venture is over....
I'm not sure whether the Soldier appears on them, the TT and TL series were 'mainly' just live recordings, although there was some vintage studio stuff from Video or TV from time to time.

Is it worth asking TD? IMHO no, 'if' they had it then it's probably tied up with the usual legal processes
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I bought the DVD of this film a while back so it is still available. May be you could try ripping the soundtrack to CD. I'm going to give this a go with some other DVDs I own, just as soon as I can find the time and work out the best way to do this.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:I bought the DVD of this film a while back so it is still available. May be you could try ripping the soundtrack to CD. I'm going to give this a go with some other DVDs I own, just as soon as I can find the time and work out the best way to do this.
My DVD copy has an isolated score on it - the film was absolutely dire, but the soundtrack contains some very interesting material, including themes from Poland and Underwater Sunlight, plus some fairly unique guitar melodies... it would be an excellent soundtrack to be released, but as Andy says, we've seen so many soundtracks fail to materialise, thanks to the money grabbing tw@s in the film industry.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

My DVD copy has an isolated score on it - the film was absolutely dire, but the soundtrack contains some very interesting material, including themes from Poland and Underwater Sunlight, plus some fairly unique guitar melodies... it would be an excellent soundtrack to be released, but as Andy says, we've seen so many soundtracks fail to materialise, thanks to the money grabbing tw@s in the film industry.
Is the isloated score on the region 2 version? The only mention of special features I could find was on tesco.com, where only a trailer is listed.

Cheers,
Dave
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

If anyone in the UK wants a cheap DVD copy of The Soldier, Amazon are currently selling it for £3.97. Sadly, the disc no longer contains the isolated score that BillyTheFish was talking about. :(

The film itself is cheesier than a ripe old slab of stilton. :-)

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by DaveAS on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

DaveAS wrote:The film itself is cheesier than a ripe old slap of stilton. :-)
It's sooooo bad.....it's really quite good. It's so cheaply made, the acting is appalling and the story unbelievable, which makes for very amusing viewing. I think they spent the whole of the budget on getting a Porche to jump the Berlin Wall.