Whats your Favorite Edgar Froese solo Album?

akaihead
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by akaihead »

Am with Colin - has to be Maroubra Bay - as good an album side as any of the similar TD from that period.
I also like Ages - depth and variety. I remember at the time two great big 'doubles' Encore and Ages (released near each other) was in seventh heaven.
David Fox
karez

Post by karez »

For me "KAMIKAZE 1989" and "STUNTMAN"
Some of my works inspired by the music of TD: http://www.michalkarcz.com
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

tangmaster wrote:Ages forever. Still like to play this album with the great opener Metropolis. Even the re-release on Eastgate is one of my fav. albums to, A second one is still Macula Transfer for me.
Ages is a good album, I think one of it's strengths is it's length (it lasts for..er..Ages :lol: ) great for long chill out sessions. I never heard the original release. Stuntman is my all time fave EF album though!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Rico

Post by Rico »

Kamikaze 1989 is an interesting choice. Outside real preferences, the album should be among the most minimal stuff he composed or gathered; thus among less obvious qualities -> but the album's saved from lowest ground thanks to the compilations and the ambient dullnesses. :wink:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

akaihead wrote:Am with Colin - has to be Maroubra Bay - as good an album side as any of the similar TD from that period.
I also like Ages - depth and variety. I remember at the time two great big 'doubles' Encore and Ages (released near each other) was in seventh heaven.
Thanks everyone for getting me to dig out old LP's and not quite so old CD's to listen to again.....

As a complete album, I love Stuntman, but there are wonderful tracks (Maroubra Bay being the most recent re-discovery) from all the others that I also have a very deep respect for.

That's the interesting thing about this man (and the band he's piloted all these years). There's so much recorded history to delve into and all the different era's too. I'll play Maroubra Bay (the original on CD) and then Talking To Maddox. I've got to play Pinnacles next, as it's a while since I really listened to it.......
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Froesesque wrote:
tangmaster wrote:Ages forever. Still like to play this album with the great opener Metropolis. Even the re-release on Eastgate is one of my fav. albums to, A second one is still Macula Transfer for me.
Ages is a good album, I think one of it's strengths is it's length (it lasts for..er..Ages :lol: ) great for long chill out sessions. I never heard the original release. Stuntman is my all time fave EF album though!
Original, than you must have the 2lp set it's the only complete release, but i like both original and the re-recorded one. Well and Aqua as a good second, just the original recording.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Rico

Post by Rico »

Ages is a terrificly strong work by Froese, I often feel quite moved by the depth of some things.

I wrote a review on it on Prog Archives.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Great to see the interest in Ages - Fantastic album - and a great follow up in '79!!
David Fox
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

I like Macula Transfer as it has a different soundscape from the other solo albums then a close second would be Ages...

but of late I do love Edgars guitar additions ..eg. Dalinetopia

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

akaihead wrote:Am with Colin - has to be Maroubra Bay -
Fantastic track. Impossible not to feel good after listening to it. Some great sounds on here, the like I've not heard since.
24db

Post by 24db »

Ah, it's always heartwarming when an artist's hardwork is recognised, er...on not:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... alism.html
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Best track from Edgar is still Tropic Of Capricorn for me far before Maroubra Bay which has it's good moments too.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Ah, it's always heartwarming when an artist's hardwork is recognised, er...on not:

Thanks Andy. Loved reading those. I particularly like this bit;
"I imagine only T Dream freaks and Froese himself will be able to differentiate between this and 'Rubycon'".
Because they are nearly nearly as good, Stuntman and Rubycon, aren't they? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Ah, it's always heartwarming when an artist's hardwork is recognised, er...on not:

"I imagine only T Dream freaks and Froese himself will be able to differentiate between this and 'Rubycon'".
Because they are nearly nearly as good, Stuntman and Rubycon, aren't they? :wink:
yep :) Journalists, they're a weird breed :)
It dismays me to think that 'every'* TD release has been slatted, and yet we like them so much and yet....we still keep reading the reviews, funny really :D

*I've never seen a bad review of Exit (so far ;))
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

yep :) Journalists, they're a weird breed :)
It dismays me to think that 'every'* TD release has been slatted, and yet we like them so much and yet....we still keep reading the reviews, funny really :D

*I've never seen a bad review of Exit (so far ;))
No bad reviews of Exit. Be glad you weren't in the Netherlands at the time of it's release.