Some Chris Franke movies...

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Some Chris Franke movies...

Post by Jon »

Chris Franke has scored LOTS of forgettable films the last 15 years. But a handful of his film projects were at least feature films, with a certain worldwide distribution in cinemas and on video/DVD.

Here are some feature films he scored that I would like some info on - has anyone seen these films and can comment on the music?

FIREFIGHTER
HOOLIGANS
BERKELEY
MANHOOD
JACK THE DOG
SEVENTEEN AGAIN
FORTRESS 2
MS. BEAR
JAMAICA BEAT
PUBLIC ENEMIES
MENNO'S MIND
EXQUISITE TENDERNESS
DRIVING ME CRAZY

Thanks in advance... 8)
24db

Re: Some Chris Franke movies...

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:Chris Franke has scored LOTS of forgettable films the last 15 years. But a handful of his film projects were at least feature films, with a certain worldwide distribution in cinemas and on video/DVD.

Here are some feature films he scored that I would like some info on - has anyone seen these films and can comment on the music?

FIREFIGHTER
HOOLIGANS
BERKELEY
MANHOOD
JACK THE DOG
SEVENTEEN AGAIN
FORTRESS 2
MS. BEAR
JAMAICA BEAT
PUBLIC ENEMIES
MENNO'S MIND
EXQUISITE TENDERNESS
DRIVING ME CRAZY

Thanks in advance... 8)
HOOLIGANS...absolute crud, everyone involved needs to be made to say sorry ;)

Mind you at least they pay for Chris's studio, so at least they serve a function, regardless of the quality of the movie
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Babylon 5............ very well done........ I say no more!!

I have all those CD's, it took Star Trek to a whole nother level, me thinks!!
hansx

Post by hansx »

staatsgrenze wrote:Babylon 5............ very well done........ I say no more!!

Heard that there will be released some new dvd's of B5. Guess that CF will made the music for those too.
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:Chris Franke has scored LOTS of forgettable films the last 15 years. But a handful of his film projects were at least feature films, with a certain worldwide distribution in cinemas and on video/DVD.

FIREFIGHTER
HOOLIGANS
BERKELEY
MANHOOD
JACK THE DOG
SEVENTEEN AGAIN
FORTRESS 2
MS. BEAR
JAMAICA BEAT
PUBLIC ENEMIES
MENNO'S MIND
EXQUISITE TENDERNESS
DRIVING ME CRAZY

Thanks in advance... 8)

Mind you at least they pay for Chris's studio, so at least they serve a function, regardless of the quality of the movie
How was Franke's music from Hooligans?

No remarks from anyone about these other films...so maybe Franke wrote some dynamite material to some of these films, but no one saw them?? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:

FIREFIGHTER
HOOLIGANS
BERKELEY
MANHOOD
JACK THE DOG
SEVENTEEN AGAIN
FORTRESS 2
MS. BEAR
JAMAICA BEAT
PUBLIC ENEMIES
MENNO'S MIND
EXQUISITE TENDERNESS
DRIVING ME CRAZY

Thanks in advance... 8)

No remarks from anyone about these other films...so maybe Franke wrote some dynamite material to some of these films, but no one saw them?? :wink:
It might be that most of these 'B' pictures haven't had a large or general release and or have only been aired on cable. If you look at the soundtracks Johannes Schmoelling has scored or KS for that matter, then only a few people have seen them.

From memory the hooligan soundtrack wasn't anything special, I certainly can't remember a thing about it
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Universal Soldier....... okay!

The Yarn Princess......... deep!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:
24db wrote: HOOLIGANS...absolute crud, everyone involved needs to be made to say sorry ;)

It might be that most of these 'B' pictures haven't had a large or general release and or have only been aired on cable. If you look at the soundtracks Johannes Schmoelling has scored or KS for that matter, then only a few people have seen them.

From memory the hooligan soundtrack wasn't anything special, I certainly can't remember a thing about it
As a matter of fact, I remember several of these films from my local video store, but I never cared to rent them...

Maybe I have to, just to listen to the music... :roll:

There is one difference between the Schmoelling/Schulze films and the Franke ones though - Franke's films are Hollywood productions so their distribution is a little better than german TV stuff.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:

Heard that there will be released some new dvd's of B5. Guess that CF will made the music for those too.
Yes Chris is doing the music for the new Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales. It was announced on JMSNews some time ago;
http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17615
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Interesting......
The TV soundtrack stuff was very good and the two B5 volumes 1/2 are excellent - the films though are a little bland and the music did not hold my interest.
David Fox
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

akaihead wrote:Interesting......
The TV soundtrack stuff was very good and the two B5 volumes 1/2 are excellent - the films though are a little bland and the music did not hold my interest.
I like the two B5 volumes but the episode releases really stretched my patience, yet hidden in each one was a little nugget of gold. I made a tape of the best bits in the end.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:

Yes Chris is doing the music for the new Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales. It was announced on JMSNews some time ago;
good news, I did like most of the music, however it is not the CF we want to hear.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Heard that there will be released some new dvd's of B5. Guess that CF will made the music for those too.
good news, I did like most of the music, however it is not the CF we want to hear.
well to be fair some people like Chris's Hollywood stuff, I'm not amongst them though
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

and neither am i :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Agree. Compare the London Concert material with what he's done since (except for the last track on the cd which is AWFUL) and there's no contest. We all know what he's capable of, so, why doesn't he produce the goods!