Royal Albert Hall Concert

ngc891
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by ngc891 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Completely top show...even if things went very wrong during the first piece. Often copied...never bettered
Andy

Ive never heard anything so incredible in the whole of my musical loving life.....totally and utterly untouchable (LIVE) music that is MAGIC :D
as far as 'mood music' with very long build ups, followed by complex otherworldly unstoppable sequencer lines are concerned it's never been bettered (it can't be copied either...read Mark Shreeves comments on how he can't get near TD's sound...even though he's tried). Improvised 'on the night' by three complete composer/performers it's the zenith of live EM (nicking a catch phrase from the Mighty Boosh 'Everything was just tuning up before it!). Another highlight of an amazing career with so many...and you had the eighties to come.

the concert was amazing for so many reasons:
1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons
2. the equipment went wrong during the first piece
3. the band reallly didn't know each other that well (Edgar and Chris never thought Michael gelled that well with them).

I'll add to that Andy, that It's the only time I remember them using
a quadraphonic PA . Worked superbly particularly with Franke's
sequencing

BTW No filming took place that I recall
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
24db

Post by 24db »

ngc891 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Andy

Ive never heard anything so incredible in the whole of my musical loving life.....totally and utterly untouchable (LIVE) music that is MAGIC :D
as far as 'mood music' with very long build ups, followed by complex otherworldly unstoppable sequencer lines are concerned it's never been bettered (it can't be copied either...read Mark Shreeves comments on how he can't get near TD's sound...even though he's tried). Improvised 'on the night' by three complete composer/performers it's the zenith of live EM (nicking a catch phrase from the Mighty Boosh 'Everything was just tuning up before it!). Another highlight of an amazing career with so many...and you had the eighties to come.

the concert was amazing for so many reasons:
1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons
2. the equipment went wrong during the first piece
3. the band reallly didn't know each other that well (Edgar and Chris never thought Michael gelled that well with them).

I'll add to that Andy, that It's the only time I remember them using
a quadraphonic PA . Worked superbly particularly with Franke's
sequencing

BTW No filming took place that I recall
ah yes, the EMS Quadrophonic controller in Chris's setup. Nice :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons.
Funny looking back. I remember the period quite well and coming down on the side of the MU. Used to have a badge saying "Keep Music Live" and was worried about pre-recorded music being used in concert and the advent of computers to generate music. Wasn't till I saw TD in concert that I realised what they were aiming for and saw the error of my ways.

Now of course, with hind-sight, it all looks pretty ridiculous .... I mean fancy TD having to pay to use the tape loops on their Mellotrons that they'd already paid to have produced. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons.
Funny looking back. I remember the period quite well and coming down on the side of the MU. Used to have a badge saying "Keep Music Live" and was worried about pre-recorded music being used in concert and the advent of computers to generate music. Wasn't till I saw TD in concert that I realised what they were aiming for and saw the error of my ways.

Now of course, with hind-sight, it all looks pretty ridiculous .... I mean fancy TD having to pay to use the tape loops on their Mellotrons that they'd already paid to have produced. :roll:
that's funny, I was part of a organisation that promoted EM against the MU. As you say it's strange how views change over the years :)
Janus

Post by Janus »

RAH 1975!!!! Oh yes indeedie, was taken by older brother, rest is history :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:RAH 1975!!!! Oh yes indeedie, was taken by older brother, rest is history :D

Oh please dont remind us of its brilliance Chris :wink: .........the times over the years i have sat listening to this and thought "Why could'nt i have been there"................ Mindblowing 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Janus wrote:RAH 1975!!!! Oh yes indeedie, was taken by older brother, rest is history :D
two words

1.Lucky
2.Git

;)
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:

Oh please dont remind us of its brilliance Chris :wink: .........the times over the years i have sat listening to this and thought "Why could'nt i have been there"................ Mindblowing 8)
Epoch making, that was it for me never seen or heard anyhing quite like it, the should have made it compulsory viewing & listening IMHO (back to me Horlicks :wink: )
24db

Post by 24db »

Janus wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Epoch making, that was it for me never seen or heard anyhing quite like it, the should have made it compulsory viewing & listening IMHO (back to me Horlicks :wink: )
Horlicks? is that what you were on at the Jack Horner? ;)
Janus

Post by Janus »

24db wrote:
Janus wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
:oops: :oops: It was BM your Honour honest, I was on me way to the Derby & Joan club and we thought here's a luverly place for some cream teas..... :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Janus wrote:
24db wrote:
Janus wrote: Epoch making, that was it for me never seen or heard anyhing quite like it, the should have made it compulsory viewing & listening IMHO (back to me Horlicks :wink: )
:oops: :oops: It was BM your Honour honest, I was on me way to the Derby & Joan club and we thought here's a luverly place for some cream teas..... :wink:
ok ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

How i wish so much that this majesty was filmed :( :(
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:How i wish so much that this majesty was filmed :( :(
yeah, that would be magic! ;)

Janus

Post by Janus »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Top bit of merchandise Andy...I'll take 5 :wink: