Royal Albert Hall Concert

nightmare strand
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Royal Albert Hall Concert

Post by nightmare strand »

Given the recent and much appreciated influx of TD DVD material on to the market, does anyone know if the BBC actually filmed this event and if so, did the archive footage from the 70s survive long enough to be considered for future release. Wonderful as the new technologies are, I would jump at the chance to revisit a fully improvised performance dwarfed by banks of old style analogue equipment.
24db

Re: Royal Albert Hall Concert

Post by 24db »

nightmare strand wrote:Given the recent and much appreciated influx of TD DVD material on to the market, does anyone know if the BBC actually filmed this event and if so, did the archive footage from the 70s survive long enough to be considered for future release. Wonderful as the new technologies are, I would jump at the chance to revisit a fully improvised performance dwarfed by banks of old style analogue equipment.
Don't think so, it's never been mentioned before
24db

Post by 24db »

the only recording of the show was audio only made by the BBC and or Radio London (reports differ). I've never heard of any filming of the concert.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

IMHO the greatest concert they ever did.............incredible 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:IMHO the greatest concert they ever did.............incredible 8)
Completely top show...even if things went very wrong during the first piece. Often copied...never bettered
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:IMHO the greatest concert they ever did.............incredible 8)
Completely top show...even if things went very wrong during the first piece. Often copied...never bettered
Andy

Ive never heard anything so incredible in the whole of my musical loving life.....totally and utterly untouchable (LIVE) music that is MAGIC :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Andy

Ive never heard anything so incredible in the whole of my musical loving life.....totally and utterly untouchable (LIVE) music that is MAGIC :D

i agree

but what about albert hall 76?
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

BM
76 is great but 75 is 75 :arrow: The GREATEST 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

RAH

not the best td concert

no

its the greatest ever, awesome, amazing....never ever bettered....maybe

sorry, i have no words to describe

8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Andy

as far as 'mood music' with very long build ups, followed by complex otherworldly unstoppable sequencer lines are concerned it's never been bettered (it can't be copied either...read Mark Shreeves comments on how he can't get near TD's sound...even though he's tried). Improvised 'on the night' by three complete composer/performers it's the zenith of live EM (nicking a catch phrase from the Mighty Boosh 'Everything was just tuning up before it!). Another highlight of an amazing career with so many...and you had the eighties to come.

the concert was amazing for so many reasons:
1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons
2. the equipment went wrong during the first piece
3. the band reallly didn't know each other that well (Edgar and Chris never thought Michael gelled that well with them).
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Completely top show...even if things went very wrong during the first piece. Often copied...never bettered
Andy

as far as 'mood music' with very long build ups, followed by complex otherworldly unstoppable sequencer lines are concerned it's never been bettered (it can't be copied either...read Mark Shreeves comments on how he can't get near TD's sound...even though he's tried). Improvised 'on the night' by three complete composer/performers it's the zenith of live EM (nicking a catch phrase from the Mighty Boosh 'Everything was just tuning up before it!). Another highlight of an amazing career with so many...and you had the eighties to come.

1. it nearly didn't happen, the musicians union try to stop the gig, but TD had to play for the pleasure of using their own Mellotrons
3. the band reallly didn't know each other that well (Edgar and Chris never thought Michael gelled that well with them).
Sometimes personality conflicts produce some of THE best improvised music. There are many examples of this in Jazz.

Perhaps if Froese and Franke got on stage today, they'd produce the best music ever!!!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

8) 8)

thinking....the greatest td gig ......is always the next one

because one can never ever be 100 percent sure of what we will hear

td music is dalinian......i mean it is directly opposite to normal existance....its beyond :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Andy

Sometimes personality conflicts produce some of THE best improvised music. There are many examples of this in Jazz.

Perhaps if Froese and Franke got on stage today, they'd produce the best music ever!!!
Chris and Edgar liked Michael...it was purely on a musical level they had problems.

If Chris and Edgar speak again...blah blah blah...you've heard it before mate. A shame, but...that's how it is
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:8) 8)

thinking....the greatest td gig ......is always the next one

because one can never ever be 100 percent sure of what we will hear

td music is dalinian......i mean it is directly opposite to normal existance....its beyond :arrow:
heres to the next time 115db at the back of row 5 ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:lol: :idea:

im expecting the FF concert to hit orchestral sound pressure levels

can it be true that tangerine dream were/are/will be the most out there awesome musical force (majeure)?

true

no wonder an entire generation of EM musicians attempt the impossible........