SBE 2005 DVD

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream ... 53&sr=1-11

good price...but I don't think they know it's been delayed
They say it'll be released May 14th. Is this one the DVD/CD edition?
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
I've no idea which version it is, but VP say it's been delayed until June on theirs or Nobles site (I forget which)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
I've no idea which version it is, but VP say it's been delayed until June on theirs or Nobles site (I forget which)
I don't know whether to order from Nobel's, VP or Amazon. Which is the cheapest?
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: They say it'll be released May 14th. Is this one the DVD/CD edition?
I don't know whether to order from Nobel's, VP or Amazon. Which is the cheapest?
Well I'd hold off and get one from Amazon, but you'd have to check with them to see if it's the double disc version, it's worth having I think, especially for the interviews and stills.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Good advice, mate.

Cheers
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Good advice, mate.

Cheers
I would add that VP seem to have sorted out their Loooooooonnnng delays recently...but it's too expensive from them I think (I should take my own advice obviously as I've alread got it). It's a shame that TD aren't selling this through the Eastgate store. Btw Groove have it for £22.49 and I seem to remember CDS are stocking it for £22.99 and £19.99 for the single disc
redziller

Post by redziller »

24db wrote:
redziller wrote:I really enjoyed Edgar's interview not least because he appeared to alude to a comment made by the leading philospher and thinker T F Eccles when discussing his feeling about being German - "every one is born somewhere" or similar.

"Eccles! What you doing here?"
"Everybody's got to be somewhere!"

"TF"? The Famous... :wink:
I thought he was in the Goon show ;) er I'll get me coat
:lol: http://www.redziller.co.uk/SFX/AnthropicPrinciple.mp3
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

This one? Yes I do have it. :wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:Good advice, mate.

Cheers
I would add that VP seem to have sorted out their Loooooooonnnng delays recently...but it's too expensive from them I think (I should take my own advice obviously as I've alread got it). It's a shame that TD aren't selling this through the Eastgate store. Btw Groove have it for £22.49 and I seem to remember CDS are stocking it for £22.99 and £19.99 for the single disc

I think £19.99 is far to pricey for a single disc :arrow: :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
NiklunII

wrong guitar solo

Post by NiklunII »

I just recieved my copy of the SBE DVD. I cant believe it, but the wounderful track Talking to Maddux is remixed to include the studio guitar solo instead of the real one. You will notice directly if you have heard the studio version from Orange Light Years. I have also compared to the Tangerine Tree version. How can this happen? It is not fun to see Edgar playing plays fantastically? :cry:
epsilon75

Re: wrong guitar solo

Post by epsilon75 »

NiklunII wrote:I just recieved my copy of the SBE DVD. I cant believe it, but the wounderful track Talking to Maddux is remixed to include the studio guitar solo instead of the real one. You will notice directly if you have heard the studio version from Orange Light Years. I have also compared to the Tangerine Tree version. How can this happen? It is not fun to see Edgar playing plays fantastically? :cry:
I was standing approximately 2 yards from Edgar when he performed this solo and would be absolutely flabbergasted if it were done via plays fantastically......as far as im concerned Edgar played this 100% Live and did a damn fine job of it to.........plays fantastically :shock: :? IMHO no way :arrow:
rattymouse

Re: wrong guitar solo

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:
NiklunII wrote:I just recieved my copy of the SBE DVD. I cant believe it, but the wounderful track Talking to Maddux is remixed to include the studio guitar solo instead of the real one. You will notice directly if you have heard the studio version from Orange Light Years. I have also compared to the Tangerine Tree version. How can this happen? It is not fun to see Edgar playing plays fantastically? :cry:
I was standing approximately 2 yards from Edgar when he performed this solo and would be absolutely flabbergasted if it were done via plays fantastically......as far as im concerned Edgar played this 100% Live and did a damn fine job of it to.........plays fantastically :shock: :? IMHO no way :arrow:
Isnt what he is saying here is that Edgar played a real live guitar solo in concert, but in the DVD they removed that in favor of the studio guitar solo?

I dont read this as him saying that Edgar did not play live.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Tom
Maybe ive read that wrong.........when i saw plays fantastically i thought it meant at the concert........apologies to all parties for the misunderstanding :wink:
NiklunII

Post by NiklunII »

epsilon75 wrote:Tom
Maybe ive read that wrong.........when i saw plays fantastically i thought it meant at the concert........apologies to all parties for the misunderstanding :wink:

Yes, I was also at the consert and it was REALLY live there yes, If you listen to the bootleg this live solo is also great, so why removing it? Can this be a mistake? I dont think so, but why has this been done? Maybe the original solo was never taped, or the tape is damaged???
I had looked forward to see this brilliant consert, espessially Edgars solo, but this it not nice to see. I really want the live version in better quality than the TT recording, if anyone has one, I would be happy to get it!
ant

Post by ant »

:( I too was sorry to see the Edgar solo overdubbed with the studio version as from what I can remember on the night his solo was a cracker. I can't believe Edgar was unhappy with his performance and asked for that to be done. I can only assume that the sound quality was very bad at that point but then why would that be the case just on Edgar's performance? It does seem a little strange. Still a great track but by doing that it lets the rest of the concert, which is fantastic, right down. Still wouldn't be without the DVD now though. It is taking pride of place in my TD collection now. :D :D
Biggus Dickus