Live At Augusta Raurica, 8/9/2016 DVD

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Live At Augusta Raurica, 8/9/2016 DVD

Post by ant »

:( Still nothing here in London, England!! I have contacted them to see if shipment has happened but, so far, no response!! :(
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Package has arrived in Oslo. Will pick it up tomorrow. :)
ant

Post by ant »

:? Why are we waiting, why are we waiting :?
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

The package arrived yesterday in Paris, I watched the DVD in the evening.
Maybe London post has some "technical problems" these days ? A strike or something like that ?
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Been listening through the CDs (saving the DVD for the right moment). Great recording, and a very nice package overall. Great to finally have this concert documented. I did not understand beforehand that the two DVDs are probably the same. Just different formats (I did not know that they still produced different formats for DVD). That was a slight disappointment, when I thought maybe there would be two DVDs because of the amount of contents. Still a fantastic release, and I look forward to watch the DVD soon! :D

In addition I got the new cup and the 60 page brouchure "In Memoriam Edgar Froese 1944- 2015", which provides further insight into EF's work. But it is beyond me that Roedelius wanted to down right criticise what TD did at Asheville. And what two saxophonists does he talk about? Where there two? I guess Linda played saxophone some of the time, and keyboards the rest of the time. And was that particular moment and concert so bad? It had been more or less that line-up for quite som time by then. And... he was not at the concert, as he himself says. Prejudiced? That concert resulted in a fabulous live album, in my opinion.
To his defense, he told a lot of other great things about EF. It was an EF Memorial Day, after all. And that is why I think the comments about the Asheville concert was strange.
Still huge respect for his work and biography. That he was important from TD's beginnings.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Still nothing has arrived here in London. Considering I ordered everything within 24 hours of it going on line, I thought I would be one of the earliest to get them, but it seems not. I have emailed them twice but am getting no response. Frustrating!! :(
Biggus Dickus
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Arrived in the post today. An excellent fold out box set, with booklet. Separate PAL/NTSC discs and two CDs. Nice graphics and a well presented item. Thank you CDS :arrow:
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Has arrived in North East Alba thanks to CDS in Dundee.

Will be on tonight 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:) Ordered a second copy of the DVD/CD set from CDS and got that within three days of ordering. Still nothing from Eastgate after 13 days!! If it doesn't arrive by next Monday I will ask them to cancel the order and refund my money. They have still not even replied to any of my emails. Very unlike Eastgate and I just hope this isn't the way they are heading - ie, ignore there big fans!! Not good. :(
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Well, it may have got lost in the mail somewhere. I never had any problems with Eastgate. But answering e-mails should be done. Good you got a copy after all. Maybe you'll end up having two.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Just got a response from Eastgate and it would appear they have been away from the office for some time working on some new TD stuff. Anyway orders are on the way, so, hopefully, will get them soon. Have suggested it may be an idea for them to set up some kind of out of office messages when they are all away!! Anyway, problem solved and normal service resumed. :D
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

ant wrote:Have suggested it may be an idea for them to set up some kind of out of office messages when they are all away!!
Yes, should be very easy to do that. Tells me that Eastgate is a small and not very professional company.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:And what two saxophonists does he talk about? Where there two?
I think the only time TD used 2 sax players was on the autumn 1990 UK tour, when both Linda Spa and Hubert Waldner played sax. (Perhaps they both played on the EAST concert in Berlin winter 1990 too)

The Back Of Beyond is a great example of the sax duo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElelaIsymiE
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

That's the CD on now, first chance. Wanted to check the music out first befire blowing my mind with the hopefully excellent 5.1 surround DVD.

Only up to track 4 - Power of the Rainbow Serpent, but really enjoying this so far. 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:) Very good concert with some great 'new workings' of some classic TD tracks. Very difficult to see how many were there as you mostly see the couple of dozen standing in front of the stage, a few of which are doing some strange dancing/movements - possibly a few drinks or other things had been consumed by them, but who could possibly say!! The clapping does not help in that respect either, because that only sounds like a couple of dozen too!! Possibly because it is open-air and the sound gets lost a bit??? Anyway, a good concert with some nice violin sections by Hoshiko. She seemed to be involved more at that gig than she has been in the ones I have seen last and this year, although I still like very much what she does. Hope that one of the London gigs or the Hamburg one will eventually get a DVD release some day - fingers crossed. Anyway, nice one guys - keep the Dream coming, I love it!! :D
Biggus Dickus