Union Chapel, London - 23 April 2018

fgourlot
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Union Chapel, London - 23 April 2018

Post by fgourlot »

TANGERINE DREAM - PERFORMING IN LONDON AT UNION CHAPEL!

- 23rd April - SOLD OUT! Doors: 7 pm / Performance start: 8 pm
- 24th April - LAST 100 TICKETS - Richard Barbieri supporting TD!
Doors: 6:45h / Performance start already 7:30 pm !

TICKETS AVAILABLE:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1070531

Trailer :

https://www.facebook.com/TANGERINEDREAM ... 46105/?t=7
François from Paris
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Superb performance from TD at the Union Chapel last night. A few of the older reworks didn't quite work for me (Kiew Mission, Dolphin Dance), wheras some others sounded brilliant (White Eagle, Horizon), but overall it was a memorable show. The long improvised session was also a highlight as it really took you back to the mid-70s with a long, organic, sequencer-driven piece that started and ended so peacefully and yet had an insane, extended crescendo of relentless sequencers. With impressive graphics on the big screen, beautiful setting and acoustics, I can only feel sorry for those fans who chose not to be there. All they get tp [perform again there tonight!
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

I agree with Exit81. It has been a long wait since Tangerine Dream appeared in the UK, but it was sure worth the wait. I thought it was a great mix of old (re-worked) and new and the time just flew by. The improvised session at the end was superb and typical Tangerine Dream, just when you think it is ending it powers up again - simply brilliant. The venue was also a good choice, small but intimate with great acoustics...and a cup of tea in a china cup!!! Bianca opened the gig by reminding us that Tangerine were not welcome in Reims but certainly were here in this cathedral (chapel). She added Edgar would have been pleased and proud to play here, she was right as we were proud of the band last night. Please don't leave so long till the next UK gig. Thank you Thorsten, Ulrich, Hoshiko and Bianca for a great night.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Glorious.

1st night I was up high final row and the sound was somewhat muddy in the first set but better in the second, I suspect more down to the percussive sequencing and church not matching. 2nd night ground flow middle. Perfect.

Highlights:
Stratosfear both nights, without guitar obvs but still very faithful to the original. Worth the price of admission alone.
Poland, Horizon 1st night that was great
Cloud Burst Flight 2nd night sure, no guitar, but the powerful redo with TQ flying
Love on a real train 2nd Night - love it always
I didn't recognize everything both nights, so good hearing a track live for the first time

Then the "session" each night - must be released. The recent work with improvised pieces is so welcome. 2nd night brought back in support artist Richard Barbieri to the session.

Sigh.

I miss EF but this was great.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:D Brilliant show on Monday night and was so good to have them back in UK. Only problem was the numb bum sitting on the wooden seat for 2 and a half hours!! Well done, Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko - what a night to remember. Thanks to Bianca too for keeping the dream alive. Edgar would have been proud! :D
Biggus Dickus
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Went last night with my daughter and missus. We were seated 2nd row from the front - probably a big mistake! Sound was muddy thoughout and as an ardent fan ...I could barely make out the rendition of previous tracks were being played ...realised 2/3rd of the way through what turned out to be 'Love on a Real Train' ...mixing was dreadful with lead lines and main keyboard sections barely audible over the overly booking sequencing/percussion.
We went with great anticipation after watching so many great concerts with the family at Shepherds Bush over the decades ....each one , we came away exhilarated with the evening ....last night - well, we came away with the Dream finally having dissipated and something we will not wish to experience again. 3 people trying to emulate the great shows with saxaphone, and percussion which were visually so entertaining - ended up being a pale imitation - and really could have been any 3 musicians trying their best to reproduce what Edgar was so good at. This show was probably more 'live' than any of the previous Shepherd Bush concerts - but For us the Dream has finally come to an end.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Rubyconesque, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. The tracks, like Love on A Real Train, were meant to be different versions to those done with the older line-up. This is a new phase of TD and they are doing things in a different style to the previous line up with Linda and Iris - that was the reason for them leaving and the Quantum phase beginning!! I thoroughly enjoyed the evening (On 23rd) and thought it was a great performance, as did the rest of the audience, given the applause and cheering they received at the end. It was being filmed, so I hope we will see a DVD of it soon, but I guess you won't be buying it!! Shame, but you can't please everybody, I suppose. :D
Biggus Dickus
BobDSB

Post by BobDSB »

I went with the family on Tuesday and enjoyed it very much.

I agree to a certain extent with the sound thing. I generally try to sit where the mixer is, because they’re the ones who expect to get the best sound. What could not escape your attention, was that the biggest display on the desk were the massive numbers for EPNdB, which never went above 100. This meant that some of the highest frequencies associated with elements of Identity Proven Matrix and Cloudburst were washed out to prevent the numbers upsetting the neighbours.

That aside, given the brief that Mr Q was given - to please everyone, I think they did very well. Many of the audience were of an age when they would have remembered the continuous performances of the early years with Baumann and Franke. The long and monotone sequences were a nod to that era. The more familiar tracks though were all in there, if a little betrayed by the sound constraints. We loved the Ident Prov Mat because we’d watched the video. Only disappointment was the omission of Is It Time To Leave . . . which was such an obvious closing number. Given the really good YouTube video overlay out there with the clips from Bill Haley, that would have been a free win.

I was very glad to see Richard Barbieri there on stage too, loved the Ghosts track from Japan. Still didn’t justify using up the last 25 mins of precious time for more stuff from White Eagle, Rockoon, Melrose, Mars etc

The homage to Edgar was measured and appropriate, and the closing with Edgar’s customary wishes for a safe trip home ws a nice touch.

Overall, I think they covered the brief very well. We actually quite liked the quirky venue which lent atmosphere and evoked the anecdote about Riems Cathedral. Sitting down with a mug of tea rather reminded us of the average age of tha audience;)

I really do hope that the band were most encouraged by their success in London. I think the arrival of Ulrich has done much to bring the technology up to date, and has introduced some really good ideas. Bring it on.

We’ll be going again next time for sure
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I was at the Monday gig and enjoyed it immensely. For me, not a duff track all night, including the improvisaton. Would certainly jump at the chance of a cd or download release.... My first concert since Edgar's passing
Rubyconesque

Post by Rubyconesque »

Ant ..... perhaps we were seated in the wrong place ie 2nd row in from the stage slightly to the left so we were getting most of the sound from the left hand speaker .....I know their music inside out and still struggled to make out a lot of the tracks ....I recall the Stratosfear track was pretty good, but the rest were lost amidst a boomy sound . Also - I had never heard of
Richard Barbieri ...and was not impressed by his music which seemed like something which was played 30 years ago during the experimental era al la Stockhausen and David Vorhaus .....it was SO dated. I really wish we had enjoyed it so we could have been enthralled at going to future concerts ....sadly , for us, it was not to be :-(
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Here is the London session with Richard Barbieri (24 April) ! 8)

https://youtu.be/TBlYgcjzhaU
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Ladies and Gentelemen,

A video of the Union Chapel Tangerrne Dream Concert

excerpt from Stratosfear :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSJ8ttmr760

The concert was filmed ....
François from Paris
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ladaias And Genitelemen

TD rules! :lol:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

La-di-da and gauntlet men

TD typos rule ! :lol: :lol:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Union Chapel Tangerine Dream concert :

Horizon Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm4Rut-4yvY
François from Paris