PREVIEW ON SOUNDCLOUD - "QUANTUM GATE" album by TD

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: PREVIEW ON SOUNDCLOUD - "QUANTUM GATE" album by TD

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Hipgnosis wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
It just gets a bit boring to read your posts Hippy..... rarely anything positive to say, other than positively long-winded and embarrassing stuff like that "I'm an artist" blah blah .
That is not true and in fact it is highly suspect and uncool. What you are stating is that there is no "constructive creative" criticism that can be discussed, here or elsewhere, something that is a part of history of all arts and its critical studies. What I stated was an opinion, of what I thought would make a more interesting TD, instead of a more interesting top ten sounding song.

I have no issue with a disagreement, provided one is being honest with their music discussion, and in this case ... you are turning this into a personal thing, and not even coming close to discussing the thought/idea I had about the music itself and what I heard!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
By the way...nothing clarifies why Baumann left.... there's no concrete information from the man himself so anything else is just conjecture and opinion.
And what I wrote was ... conjecture and an opinion of what I thought might be the case considering a bit of history. And you are allowed to agree or disagree, and instead ... you are not capable of discussing it in any manner whatsoever except to think that the writer is not on par with your upper class fan attitude about this forum!

Maybe it's time to cough up ... I'm sure the TD folks would be happy with you making the call to tell a person who has enjoyed them for so long, to go to hell!
So many words....so little to say..
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

ant wrote::? Have you not thought, Hipgnosis, that with several people not liking some of the things you say that perhaps it is you that needs to think about what you say or indeed, how you say it. ...
I do this every day, on every post.

The sad thing, and this goes for a lot of rock music and pop music discussions, it is almost impossible to discuss it as an art ... because "fans" are never wrong. It becomes the "might makes right" thing, in any forum. Pretty soon this takes on the shape of a private group for some religious afiliations, because you and others do not want anyone that thinks differently and sees the music differently.

I don't totally find my posts negative. I ask/suggest a lot of ideas and thoughts, that I don't see folks answer ... or even take a second or two to consider and respond ... and then the return post immediately suggests I'm being negative, when I'm not.

The PB example is perfect. He came from a time, when it was about the sound itself, and the ability to stretch and make that sound something special in music ... and what I heard, in the new samples, were a piece of music that showed a nice play fur coat, and nothing of interest under it. It was so pop music defined, that it (TO ME) showed that PB's earlier designs and free form of the Tangerine Dream music, is not something that can happen today ... these musicians (today) do not understand the freedom of "experimentation" and the feeling of "simply twisting a knob" and making it sound like ... something else in life, or another instrument. It's all scales and notes today!

We have lost the ability to flow with the sound ... we can only flow with the "melody" and the "theme" of the music ... and that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my love for TD and their catalogue all of these 45 years and more, that has helped me formulate my music ideals and love. That side, for me, is all VISUAL ... and this would be harder to explain ... and you folks will immediately think I'm hiding behind "artist' ... or some other bizarre notion. An "artist" does not hide ... he just does what he does! If you, or others feel that being obtuse and hiding is the explanation of an artist, I would probably suggest ... the joke is on you!
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
So many words....so little to say..
To an empty mind?

Next you gonna say that Phaedra is too long, or Epsilon in Malaisian Pale is just meandering and not music ... too many notes!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’ll be really looking forward to this new album.

https://soundcloud.com/tangerinedreamof ... ember-2016

:!: :arrow:
irowley

Post by irowley »

E-mail from PledgeMusic regarding release:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tan ... antum-gate?
------begin quote----------
Tangerine Dream’s new studio album Quantum Gate is due for release on September 29th 2017, coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the foundation of the band.
In late summer 2014, Edgar Froese, Thorsten Quaeschning, Ulrich Schnauss and Hoshiko Yamane began to work on what was planned to be the first album of Tangerine Dream’s Quantum Years – a new phase of the band that Edgar wanted to use to introduce a couple of substantial changes.
Consisting of himself, long term collaborator Thorsten Quaeschning (synths), violinist Hoshiko Yamane and new member Ulrich Schnauss (synths), the Quantum Years promised an updated, contemporary take on the band’s trademark sound of the 70s and 80s: sequencer-driven electronica covering a wide range of moods and atmospheres from ambient soundscapes to energetic, upbeat moments. Non-musical ideas relating to the field of quantum physics and philosophy had inspired Edgar to attempt a translation of these concepts into music.
Very sadly however Edgar passed away in early 2015 – requesting that his wife, visual artist and TD’s manager for the last 15 years, Bianca Froese-Acquaye would ensure that his vision for the Quantum Years would still be realized.
Throughout the last two years Quaeschning, Schnauss and Yamane therefore worked hard on achieving a result that would match Edgar’s expectations – as well as the ones of TD’s loyal fanbase.
It’s worth noting that the compositions appearing on the album are not only based on theoretical concepts and ideas Edgar had outlined, but also on a large number of actual musical sketches that he luckily had already prepared during the initial phase of the band’s reformation process.
Therefore, Quantum Gate is just as much a new beginning as it is a testament to Edgar’s never-withering inspiration and ever-flowing creativity.
----------end quote----------
Lot's of packages to pledge for

cheers

ian from scotland
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

CD, EP and T-shirt are ordered ! 8) 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:CD, EP and T-shirt are ordered ! 8) 8) 8)
Me too. (also the vinyl version sneaked onto the order ;) )
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

For all fans

Pre-order 'Quantum Gate' for signed album formats, exclusive merchandise and bundle offerings

The stock of items DECREASE QUICKELY!!!

You can order the new Album Quanttun Gate signed by Tangerine Dream here :

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tan ... antum-gate

Please support Tangerine Dream .Please orders the new Album and marchandise (CD, Vinlyl, T-shirts, poster ...)

I order myselft the signed CD, the CD Session 1 and the T-Shirt :D
François from Paris
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

This will create something of a problem for the TD Documentary crowdfunding, as rewards are still not received and although, hopefully, we will see Edgar's autobiography release on 6/6/17, those who should receive 'Quantum Gate', as part of their reward will be 'disappointed' :?: :arrow:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

The excellent track Tear Down The Grey Skies is now out on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon etc. Check it out! Really looking forward to album release now. Pre-order done via Pledge long time ago. :-D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Great track indeed. Indeed looking forward to the new cd. Wonder why Particles is not on Spotify yet.
Ger-TD-Fan

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

TEAR DOWN THE GREY SKIES: yes, very excellent !!!
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

And here it is on Youtube:
Tear Down The Grey Skies
https://youtu.be/h4BpAWks-14

I can hear some E.F. style in it and perhaps a hint of JMJ in the melody voice.
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

For all guys

Yi can heard here an interview of Tangerine Dream and discover for the first time the very beautiful music "When Everyone's Dancing It Is Time To Leave " frome the next Qantum Gate Album

The music starts at 56 minutes and 17 secondes ans 17 secondes of this interview :

http://www.kscopemusic.com/podcasts/
François from Paris
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

fgourlot wrote:For all guys

Yi can heard here an interview of Tangerine Dream and discover for the first time the very beautiful music "When Everyone's Dancing It Is Time To Leave " frome the next Qantum Gate Album

The music starts at 56 minutes and 17 secondes ans 17 secondes of this interview :

http://www.kscopemusic.com/podcasts/
The Kscope podcast is a great way to discover excellent new progressive music. I was hoping they would make a TD feature, and I am happy they did. Will listen to this podcast today! :-D